New Owners Welcome to the Family!

Please help make my decision

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 07:27 PM
treefidday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help make my decision

Hello all,

This is my first post and although I am a new member I have been reading all over these forums for the past 6 months. Lots of learning I did (insert Yoda voice) and there are many different opinions. I feel like I already know im about to receive multiple opinions here but I would rather everyone's input. I will count the votes of which way to go but please put yourself in my shoes if possible not looking to spend a fortune to have a bit of fun also not looking to really mod the car as I'm coming from 2 pickup trucks and a Buick Allure so any sports car stocked or moded will bring me joy.

I know its not practical but I will be driving this car 75km a day. I have some money saved away and although with amazing credit a unsecured line of credit from the bank is at 7% vs going through a dealer at 4% however the cars I am looking at are private sales nothing really good in my area with dealers right now or overpriced.

1st 350z - Owned by a mechanic whos into fast cars he has a 2007 350z with 101,000km 12inch dvd/gps screen Borla exhaust dual air intake and a few other mods new back tires fronts are at 40%. It turns out that I know him and I do trust the work hes done however the car is a little expensive which is understanding since he has done lots to it. I know the HR engines are also better however the car is priced at 16k and has also had a minor accident in the past (before the mechanic purchased it) I do trust this guy again and understand it wasn't much of a big deal and he made sure it all got taken care of properly before he even purchased it. However if I ever need to re-sell the vehicle im sure it will be much harder to sell with the car report. Also with the bank loan on the 16k it works out to be $18,500 close to $400 a month which i can afford but was hoping to be closer to $300 also never winter driven.

2nd - 2006 350z with 138,000km cert/etested as well for $11,500 after interest 13k payment is around $240 a month with same interest rate from bank. No scratches on exterior both cars have some on the interior which Iv learned to expect no matter what also comes with a DVD/GPS deck. Add says no mods but car is clean and in great shape never winter driven.

Big difference in my monthly rate I could use that extra to do oil changes once a month and still be cheaper although car is not as fast and dosnt have the same engine. All i know is everyone praises the HR engine but keep in mind everything I mentioned which way do I go im having a big dilema.

I can easily afford either but at $400.00 Im almost thinking just get a new car lol but then i come back to the fact that 350z are amazing for what they are.

Your advice is greatly appreciated. I just know the 1st option might be harder to sell if I ever decided to as its different from a mechanic selling the car vs me lol.

Cheers and thanks for your time sorry for the novel.
Old 02-08-2017, 06:18 PM
treefidday

Disregard I found an 06 and even a better deal! only 8k and the thing is immaculate. Only have had it now for 2 days but lets just say I cant stop smiling.
Old 02-12-2017, 04:46 PM
trevorbr2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice 8k isn't a bad deal at all! How miles are on the car? I got my 06 automatic for $13.9k but only has 46k miles on it.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:12 AM
treefidday

Originally Posted by trevorbr2
Nice 8k isn't a bad deal at all! How miles are on the car? I got my 06 automatic for $13.9k but only has 46k miles on it.

150,000km