Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

is the nismo that much better

Old 10-27-2011, 05:03 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Zdj
Just wondering if the "aeropackage" really work?
Esp. the rear spoilers??
Yep, fully functional.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:26 AM
P8ntballer589

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just don't buy it hoping for a chick magnet. Mine backfired. Dick magnet. Girls don't seem to care much, guys all stare.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:45 AM
NZMOWND

Originally Posted by jerseystyle
Yep, fully functional.
AGREED... at 158 this thing is STUCK to the ground...
Old 10-27-2011, 09:22 AM
musubi

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by P8ntballer589
Just don't buy it hoping for a chick magnet. Mine backfired. Dick magnet. Girls don't seem to care much, guys all stare.
Old 10-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Alloy_475

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 350Zdj
Just wondering if the "aeropackage" really work?
Esp. the rear spoilers??
At 73mph the front generates 11 pounds of downforce and 33 pounds at the rear. I have seen no figures at faster or lower speeds...but the normal Z generates lift so the Nismo package is a major deal considering.
Old 10-27-2011, 03:39 PM
fhumphrey04

The regular z is like Megan Fox, whereas the nismo z is like Megan Fox wrapped in bacon.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:06 PM
P8ntballer589

Originally Posted by fhumphrey04
The regular z is like Megan Fox, whereas the nismo z is like Megan Fox wrapped in bacon.
So what you're saying is a regular Z is pretty streamlined and has attitude but a nismo Z is greasy and smells better?
Old 10-27-2011, 10:16 PM
350ZNISMO673

The NISMO is just plain awesome. I bought mine used with less than 3K on the odometer and a whole lot less than retail. The NISMO was limited in production so you'll have something even more special.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:39 AM
angelo350z

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I used to hate the Nismo rear bumper so I didn't get one. Almost four years later, I wish I'd gotten a Nismo
Old 10-28-2011, 02:59 AM
morphiusrt

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hated the nismo back as well before I bought it. My gf has very good taste in mods and said "I can guarantee you you will love that bumper in no time" and now I think the back is my favorite part of the car.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:39 PM
nismofreak1208

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nismo 350z ftw, period
Old 10-28-2011, 05:09 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

why am i not surprised by the replies in this thread lol jp.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:10 PM
NISMOtuner

to be totally honest, if your looking for a car to play with on the track. GET THE NISMO! all you need to do is put a racing seat in it (trust me) and your ready to kill the track! you'll be highly impressed with what it can do bone stock. but you wont really be able to appreciate the true beauty of the nismo Z untill you get it on a road course. then it all makes sense!
Old 11-13-2011, 07:11 PM
EvilCrayon

In my experience... most people who look at the Nismo don't see very much more than a 350Z but once anybody sits in it, they begin to feel a big difference. It can best be described as a grown up's sport car. There is no need to constantly be bouncing around redline, instead using the torque to push out of the turns. It is comfortable, stable, and predictable which to me is more important than outright cornering speed. Sure, I could go around doing burnouts and donuts in my Nismo but that's not what it is for. It is the ideal car for hill climbs and cruising in the mountains

Having grown up driving a multitude of cars, whether they're stock or modified, the suspension on the Nismo is perfectly poised and my benchmark when comparing to other cars. Many people seem to think that you can just slap on a set of coilovers and instantly drive faster around a corner. Nissan does an extraordinary amount of research to find the optimum spring rates and valving to ensure neutral handling and proper use of the 53:47 weight distribution. Imagine the amount of work that goes into the Nismo suspension and creating a suspension system that handles literally like it's on rails(no body roll, no jolting, anything but a major pothole is perfectly dampened) with no sacrifice in comfort. If I recall correctly, the spring rates on the Nismo suspension are the same as the 350Z track edition from the first year(Over the years, Nissan softened the spring rates in search of comfort). Note: The Nismo S-tune suspension is different from what is offered on the Nismo 350Z.

The addition of the mass dampers have a huge effect on not only comfort but road handling. You will find that the only other car that can even be equipped with these products are the Impreza STI Spec C. I have had an opportunity to come upon a second set and did a comparison of my friend's 350z before and after and there's a noticeable improvement on the car's stability on corner entry and corner exit. If I could install a set on my girlfriend's Toyota Starlet, I would do so in a heartbeat but the suspension geometry must be "perfect" in order for the mass dampers to work correctly.

So when Nismo/Autech put their best foot forward into the Nismo 350z, you know exactly how much effort was put into developing the car as a whole package. Autech even seam-welded the frame by hand which is an extremely time consuming as well as costly process. I've never heard of another car that has this done from the factory.

Mechanically, the engine in the Nismo is the same as any HR engine but it does sound nicer with the Nismo/Weldina/HKS(I've heard too many names for it now) muffler. The dual throttle body intakes can be upgraded to the Nismo intake filters which improve engine response and hp/tq figures as well. I can't remember where I read some dyno sheets but an additional 10-15hp and 10-15tq was gained with no other additions. To be honest, the VQ35HR makes more than 300hp which is more than enough for any driver to have FUN. No, you will not beat that punk high schooler in his STI Stage 69 but come on, how old are you to be still doing this.

Bottom line: If you want to modify your car to your own personal choice, get a normal 06-08 350Z but if you want to spend a little more for a more refined package at the loss of "modifying your car", go for the Nismo. Modifying a Nismo edition is a waste in my opinion, it should be enjoyed for what it is, a street car that can also be tracked. The only additions I bothered with for track day use were more track-oriented brakepads.

I've driven my friend's Corolla GTS with coilovers and all sorts of goodies but it is nowhere near the Nismo in terms of comfort and predictability. For example, although he has no problem keeping up with my Nismo, he spins out more often in particularly rough sections because his car will hop and the balance is thrown off. In contrast, the Nismo will happily absorb the rough patches with no change in the car's handling and I can usually control my car from apex to corner exit using just the throttle to rotate the car.

I hope this post helps throw some light on why the Nismo edition is such a special car.

Last edited by EvilCrayon; 09-10-2012 at 02:13 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 07:25 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

You shed all the light possible with that post!

Hopefully everyone reads it!
Old 11-14-2011, 04:37 PM
saywat?

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i liked the bottom line part
Old 11-14-2011, 05:06 PM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by EvilCrayon
I've driven my friend's Corolla GTS with coilovers and all sorts of goodies but it is nowhere near the Nismo in terms of comfort and predictability. For example, although he has no problem keeping up with my Nismo, he spins out more often in particularly rough sections because his car will hop and the balance is thrown off. In contrast, the Nismo will happily absorb the rough patches with no change in the car's handling and I can usually control my car from apex to corner exit using just the throttle to rotate the car.
Pics of this car please. Curious as to what all is done to a corolla GTS to keep up with a NISMO.
Old 11-14-2011, 08:31 PM
EvilCrayon

Originally Posted by jerseystyle
Pics of this car please. Curious as to what all is done to a corolla GTS to keep up with a NISMO.
What I meant to say was that although my friend is shifting at redline in his Corolla GTS in order to keep up with my Nismo, I am cruising(Let's call this 6-7/10 with 10 being going ***** out and 0 as granny pace) and not having a particularly difficult time maintaining my pace. I usually have to handicap myself to using a higher gear than normal. This is the same pace I use when I am driving with my friends casually. It's fast enough to get the rear end to kick out on all my favorite turns but not too fast as to leave my friends behind as they mostly drive high revving inline-4's.

The Corolla has a built 4age, can't remember the specs off the top of my head.
is the nismo that much better-uppaf.jpg
Old 11-15-2011, 05:50 AM
Ataru074

bad a$$ enough to spank gt3's on hoosiers...

it's enough for me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyM1k0TpKwM&hd=1&t=4m
Old 11-15-2011, 06:35 AM
jerseystyle
350Z-holic

^^^^Awesome!

Pretty cool corolla, looks like it needs some TLC!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: is the nismo that much better