Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Nismo Being Shipped Friday 23k miles on it

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 08:19 AM
Matt Boley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nismo Being Shipped Friday 23k miles on it

So I am a bit excited that I finally found one that had low miles and nothing wrong with it for sale. I paid a fair price for it, but about $1200 just for shipping to get it here and 2 weeks of inspections, paper work, etc.. just to get this thing since I couldn't go and see it, it was to far away.

I have some plans to do some upgrades, but nothing to crazy. I don't plan on taking it to the track ever, maybe some car shows.

I would like some TT's and some upgrades like exhaust, etc.

I am sure this has been brought up 100 times on this thread, but what is the best setup for this car when upgrading to a twin turbo system? Different chip, exhaust, turbo setup, etc, etc? I am all ears, because I am just starting.

I do have some money to spend, but I don't want to 2nd guess why I bought an item I am not happy with eventually. I want to do it right the first time. If I need to increase something on the car so the engine doesn't blow then I will do it, I don't want to take any chances.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:42 AM
aleda21

get ready for the flames unfortunately =/ grats on your new nismo enjoy it and post lots of pictures!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:46 AM
Syner

Received 829 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by aleda21
get ready for the flames unfortunately =/ grats on your new nismo enjoy it and post lots of pictures!
Why would he get flamed, nub?

OP, welcome and enjoy the car. Search through some threads and you will find tons of advice, also talk to people who have gone FI.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:27 AM
mvp2765

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome & Congrats. Post some pics when you pick it up. Also you have a lot to learn if you're thinking about going FI. Remember, the search button is your friend. People will get pissed when you ask the same questions that have been answered 100x in other threads. Just a fyi
Old 04-16-2013, 11:36 AM
Matt Boley

Originally Posted by Syner
Why would he get flamed, nub?

OP, welcome and enjoy the car. Search through some threads and you will find tons of advice, also talk to people who have gone FI.
Thanks and I am very new to this, there are so many threads and so many opinions that it's very hard to sort the bias answers with real facts. I will be doing a lot of research and asking a lot of questions before I buy anything.

I have seen people keep them around 400 hp all the way up to exchanging the engine with a gt-r engine and then building that. I have no clue where to start, I am a perfectionist and can't stand to mess anything up, so this will probably take a lot of hours of research on my end.

Guess I am off to search.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:40 AM
Matt Boley

Originally Posted by mvp2765
Welcome & Congrats. Post some pics when you pick it up. Also you have a lot to learn if you're thinking about going FI. Remember, the search button is your friend. People will get pissed when you ask the same questions that have been answered 100x in other threads. Just a fyi

Will do, it's like being little again waiting for Christmas right now, I can't wait for it to get here. I have always loved 350z's but the budget hasn't always been there to buy one and have extra money to do anything to it. I got lucky and started my own marketing company 5 years ago and now I own one of the largest in the world. So out of all the cars I picked to buy first when I finally got some time in life to do so, this is what I picked. I know, it's probably not everyone's first choice, but it is mine. Almost everyone at work said to buy a skyline gt-r, and maybe I will at some point, but for my first Nissan I am going to make this very nice and am not going to take any shortcuts building it up.

Have a good day and thanks for your response.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:58 AM
Postal_nismo

you haven,t even had the car yet and talk about mods. i have had my nismo for almost 2 years and just did wider tires with clear corner reflectors. drive it, enjoy it, then decide if you should or not.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:02 PM
ttknf

What color did you get?
Old 04-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Matt Boley

Originally Posted by ttknf
What color did you get?
Black
Old 04-16-2013, 12:58 PM
Matt Boley

Originally Posted by Postal_nismo
you haven,t even had the car yet and talk about mods. i have had my nismo for almost 2 years and just did wider tires with clear corner reflectors. drive it, enjoy it, then decide if you should or not.
Very true, will do.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:28 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by postal_nismo
you haven,t even had the car yet and talk about mods. I have had my nismo for almost 2 years and just did wider tires with clear corner reflectors. Drive it, enjoy it, then decide if you should or not.
+1

Old 04-16-2013, 09:51 PM
floppymoppy1234

if you dont mind me asking... how much did you pay for it? and what year? so i have an idea of how much mine is worth. Thanks
Old 04-17-2013, 05:21 AM
SlamHamer

OP I have had my nismo now for 8 months now and i love it as it. Like Postal said earlier just enjoy it

Originally Posted by floppymoppy1234
if you dont mind me asking... how much did you pay for it? and what year? so i have an idea of how much mine is worth. Thanks
look it up on the NADA website
Old 04-17-2013, 12:55 PM
NismoK

Congrats on the NISMO!!!

You will love pretty much everything about the car except for the stock power.

I'd say enjoy your new car for the summer and when winter comes, do your mods then. By that time you will have a better idea of what you want out of the car, or at least where to start > modification wise

Roughly, emphasis on roughly, you will be looking at around $10k for a nice TT setup with required support mods, and then add another $10-15k for a built motor with supporting mods.

Enjoy the new wheels!!!

K