Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Color Change? Seat Re-Upholstry, Re-stitching.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 02:44 AM
Unicus

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Color Change? Seat Re-Upholstry, Re-stitching.

So I'm looking for things to customize on my NISMO without sacrificing the beauty of the stock look and ruining anything about her. My favourite "dream car" colours are black on black exterior with black interior and blue accents on both. That's blue calipers exterior, but it's the interior that's confusing me.

The seats are the most obvious change. I'm thinking about getting them upholstered to the same material but in blue. I love the seats and how they feel and don't want to sacrifice losing the authenticity by getting a set of racing seats. Everything that's currently red about the interior would become blue. I'm already planning on getting the door panels redone, so that's not an issue. Nor is the shift boot, e-brake, etc.

What do you think about this idea? What sparked the consideration was looking at some subtle LED's for the floor and realizing that having blue LED's on black/red wouldn't look right at all. I don't like red much and wouldn't even consider red LED's.

Open to all comments, let me know!

EDIT - http://www.redlinegoods.com/350Zshiftboot.php
They'll be able to do all but the seats here. Looks like only one more part to find, a custom shop for the seats (the biggest deal in the re-colour of the secondary interior)

Last edited by Unicus; 08-29-2014 at 05:54 PM.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:04 PM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

I saw some photo's of a 350Z a while ago that had been reupholstered with blue accents on the seats and also the bottom half of the door up to the armrests had been covered in blue leather. The seats were similar in style to the Nismo seats with blue leather where the red leather had been. I thought it looked really cool and did so much to brighten up the dull and flat looking interior of the 350Z. Not so sure about the LED's though.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:59 AM
Unicus

LED's are simple. Basically I'd need to replace everything red. Which if I remember without looking again, is the red stitching in the door panels, e-brake and possibly the shifter/boot as well as the mesh-like cover on portions of the seats.
I don't want "similar in style" to the nismo seats, I need to keep mine while just replacing the red meshing. I'll be making some calls to custom interior shops/upholsterers when I have the cash available. Unfortunately it may be awhile, I'm focusing on CAI's, headers and my sound system first. The system's already there, I just need a new DIN for my head unit and to rewire the sub box in the rear.
Old 08-30-2014, 02:49 PM
trustr888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

To be honest, I would leave it alone. It's your car though.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:45 PM
Unicus

Leave it alone why?

I like the look of under-dash (footwell) LED's quite a bit, and every vehicle needs an auxillary colour. Why look the same as every other NISMO 350?

I just hate the colour red on cars. Not sure why, I just don't like it. Blue on black is my favourite, and that's the plan.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:13 PM
trustr888

Like I said it's your car man. The only led's I'm planning on is the top dome lights and license plate lights.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:14 PM
trustr888

The only red stitching is on the door panels, steering wheel, and seats. The reason it was red is because Nismo's flagship color is red.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:44 PM
Unicus

Originally Posted by trustr888
Like I said it's your car man. The only led's I'm planning on is the top dome lights and license plate lights.
I just ordered the full LED kit from Nick from Diode...Dimensions? I don't remember, it's late. That's plate lights, headlight replacement, dome and trunk. I also would like to get footwells in blue once I replace the red, but I think it'd look bad with two secondary colours.

As for the stitching, yeah that's all that I'd need. I'll be getting a matching shift boot while I'm there. I plan to redo most of the interior, someone else on here had a beautiful suede job that I'm going to go off of.

I'm on a military base and in VA which basically means any car mod that the cops/MP's don't understand is going to cause a headache or fine.
That's why I'm going to focus on performance later. I'm getting Takeda intakes soon as well as DC headers, maybe a few other small mods, but I'm focusing on the interior.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:34 AM
trustr888

Definitely, I'm also leaning towards the suede job. Do to be honest man, just get the Stillen or Injen intakes. As for headers, go for the PPE's, which I'm leaning towards as soon as decide which path I'm going for.
Old 08-31-2014, 09:43 PM
Unicus

I like Takedas, they're cheaper and perform just as well. If anything else I'd get JWT's. And I'm pretty set on DC or Z1 for the headers because my buddy has a brand new set of Z1's.