Notices
NISMO 350Z The Limited Edition Best Handling Z Ever.

Newbie here, Learning....

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 05:56 PM
runishi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie here, Learning....

Hello, everyone. I'm new to the page and I'm here to learn a few things. Little about me, I own a Nissan Nismo 2007 #16, I have the car for about 4 years now but never modded it, its stock. I recently added my first mod to it, cold air intake, I am very happy about that. I now want to make it a little bit louder, and that's why I'm here for help. I do want to keep the very back exhaust, that has the Nismo engraved on it. If possible can someone tell me what can I do to make it sound, deeper and aggressive? I apologize for not explaining really good, I don't know anything about cars(trying to learn), and English is my second language, Thanks.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:55 PM
carbuffguy

Received 122 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by runishi
Hello, everyone. I'm new to the page and I'm here to learn a few things. Little about me, I own a Nissan Nismo 2007 #16, I have the car for about 4 years now but never modded it, its stock. I recently added my first mod to it, cold air intake, I am very happy about that. I now want to make it a little bit louder, and that's why I'm here for help. I do want to keep the very back exhaust, that has the Nismo engraved on it. If possible can someone tell me what can I do to make it sound, deeper and aggressive? I apologize for not explaining really good, I don't know anything about cars(trying to learn), and English is my second language, Thanks.
Learning about Z cars here too...

Headers and/or resonated high flow cats makes for a nice note without going too loud. imo
Old 03-21-2017, 07:34 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by carbuffguy
Learning about Z cars here too...

Headers and/or resonated high flow cats makes for a nice note without going too loud. imo
^^^ While true, that's a lot of work/money for sound. Add a larger diameter aftermarket Y-Pipe and a straight pipe setup to the stock Nismo muffler. Lots cheaper and much easier for noise making. In addition, you might even gain a couple of ponies.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:24 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

While the preceding suggestions are valid, I'd also suggest that having a NISMO Z means the modding was done at the factory. Mods to the NISMO exhaust actually drops your potential resale value just to satisfy a whim. Bottom line: it's not worth it...
Old 03-22-2017, 12:17 PM
tampa_joey

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmura
While the preceding suggestions are valid, I'd also suggest that having a NISMO Z means the modding was done at the factory. Mods to the NISMO exhaust actually drops your potential resale value just to satisfy a whim. Bottom line: it's not worth it...
that! - (and the fact that those engineers at nismo obviously designed the car to be the best it could be -and you know they love their job) -the thought of replacing things (to me) is sacreligious-lol- of course-if you want a car to swap things out on- i will trade you for my 05 touring
Old 03-22-2017, 02:25 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

not to mention , unless long tube headers you are wasting your time
Old 03-22-2017, 04:41 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,253 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmura
Originally Posted by tampa_joey
that! - (and the fact that those engineers at nismo obviously designed the car to be the best it could be -and you know they love their job) -the thought of replacing things (to me) is sacreligious-lol- of course-if you want a car to swap things out on- i will trade you for my 05 touring
While I don't disagree with either of these assessments, gotta figure that at least the mod suggestions are easily reversible AND that forward of the rear muff, there's NOTHING special about the Z33 Nismo exhaust. No diff from any other HR.
Old 03-26-2017, 03:43 PM
samsniss350z

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts

Welcome, I don't think i can add anything that hasn't been said already. I just love the sound of it as it is.