Notices
NISMO 370Z The Limited Edition Best Handling 370Z Ever.

350hp for Nissan 370Z!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2009, 10:51 AM
gabez33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good god this car is hawt! For those STILL holding on to the "looks are subjective" Bs arguement, or the "350z is a timeless design" or 370z=350z with down sydrome" shiet, this is STFU in your face
Old 04-08-2009, 11:04 AM
pacfwu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gabez33
good god this car is hawt! For those STILL holding on to the "looks are subjective" Bs arguement, or the "350z is a timeless design" or 370z=350z with down sydrome" shiet, this is STFU in your face
Looks are subjective. This is a fine looking car, no doubt about it. So is the standard 370z. But there's nothing wrong with prefering the looks of the older model.

And the two-tone photoshop improves the looks a lot. I don't think they need it on the reds, blacks, or whatever other colors the car is offered in. But it's practically a must on the silver ones.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:17 AM
gabez33

Originally Posted by pacfwu
Looks are subjective. This is a fine looking car, no doubt about it. So is the standard 370z. But there's nothing wrong with prefering the looks of the older model.

And the two-tone photoshop improves the looks a lot. I don't think they need it on the reds, blacks, or whatever other colors the car is offered in. But it's practically a must on the silver ones.
this was meant more for the haters who are actively bashing on the 370. I will say this though, the fangs are hideous. This front really cleans it up
Old 04-08-2009, 11:36 AM
rockinbboy

I still prefer this look from past photos of the nismo s-tune 370Z. Could be chop...I don't feel like digging up the history

Old 04-08-2009, 12:31 PM
bodayguy

Congrats Nissan. This is a major win. You fixed the design elements I hated and added the aftermarket stuff I would do anyhow.

Price it around $40K and I'll be getting one a year from now or so.

I think the big problem with the 350 Nismo was dealer pricing and it's lack of a HP bump. Funny, there are still three or four Nismo's in my area and the dealers are finally selling them for a good deal. Jeez, it's only been a year and half.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:43 PM
singh

Originally Posted by mikemjohnson
arent those the exact same wheels as the sport package though?
No dude not even close. Theses have so much more concavity. These also have Nismo engraved in the spokes. 9.5" front and 10.5" rear.

I am so happy they went concave. Giant lips look cheap.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Too busy? It was functional. I am willing to bet it is more functional over the 370z rear bumper. I agree that it has nver really looked that great, but I rather have function over form.

The NISMO 350Z they could not put more power without having to spend a ton of money to get the car re-certified again for emissions and everything else they go through when they change the power levels of a engine. With a new car, they can do that as they planned on it from the beginning. A member in our club saw the NISMO 370z 8-9 months ago in Japan and he could not talk about it. He now can, as the car is released and mentioned they asked him what they would like to see in the car. He told them exactly what we see now. Leave it as the design you see above, give it a power bump as the last one didn't have it (they smiled when he said that). So they listend and did what they were recommended from consumers. Glad Nissan listened. This car will probably be in my stable eventually but not for a few years as I refuse to take the hit of buying one MSRP again.

Sadly I don't agree with your last sentence. 350Z Nismo was well worth the price tag as it has performed very good on the the tracks.[
just depends on if you like the car out of the factory and not like to mess with it too much kind of guy. me on the other hand, i would rather start with a base or enthusiast model and use the extra cash i saved not buying the nismo and mod the car to my specs. you can do a lot to a HR with 10k.

great job on that photoshop solo, that wouldnt cost more than 2 grand to do that to a nismo after you bought one.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Nexx

Originally Posted by gsingh350Z
No dude not even close. Theses have so much more concavity. These also have Nismo engraved in the spokes. 9.5" front and 10.5" rear.

I am so happy they went concave. Giant lips look cheap.
giant lips on a cheap wheel look cheap. giant lips a on a great wheel look great. concave looks great too.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

loving the new NISMO Edition, a much cleaner design than the previous version IMHO. Will be interesting to see the ecu developments that come out with the new fuel injection system
Old 04-08-2009, 01:41 PM
trinityracer

I think I know what I am getting myself for a college graduation gift. JK on a serious note I cannot wait to see the complete specs and what direct injection will do in the future.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:22 PM
HDPDZO6

Originally Posted by mw9
you are now talking about horsepower of a C5 vette, not as much torque, but its also a smaller engine.
The C5 has a physically smaller motor.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:34 PM
A.H

I actaully don't miss the point of the car and I think we just didn't understand eachother. I want exactly what you stated. I don't need heated seats or power, I just want that upscale look your talking about. I just want leather because I dont' want my 40-45k car too look cheap is all. I just hate the way cloth looks and that's just a personal thing.

Plus you dont' see porsche or ferrari putting cloth seats in thier cars. Therefore, cloth seats don't mean racecar status

PS: I like heated/leather seats but love a harsh ride
I think you miss the point of the car then. The Nismo model isn't for everybody. I would hesitate to say that either the 350 or 370 Nismo is "stripped out", since both cars are based on a lower trim level of their respective Z (350z enthusiast, 370z base with performance package) and don't really delete anything for weight savings. But these cars are meant for the more hard-core enthusiast and if you want the luxuries, that's fine, they make a trim level for that (grand touring and touring plus performance package). Besides, most guys that need to have heated, power, leather seats would probably complain about the ride being too harsh, etc.

I will say, however, that it would be nice if they had an Alcantera option for a few bucks more to the manual seats and steering wheel like the GT3 RS. I think that would give the car a little bit more of an upscale feel with a bit of exclusivity while still keeping the "race" feel from having the grippy fabric or adding any significant weight.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:50 PM
pacfwu

Originally Posted by A.H

Plus you dont' see porsche or ferrari putting cloth seats in thier cars.
You also don't see $40k Porsches or Ferraris.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:53 PM
A.H

You also don't see $40k Porsches or Ferraris.
I'm sorry, I didn't know that spending 40k wasn't enough to get leather onto two seats.....
Old 04-08-2009, 03:42 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Hey everyone

the 370Z has no soul
Old 04-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Mr.Squeeze

Originally Posted by Hella
So you will be sqeezing into one?

*cricket chirp*

I will try to
Old 04-08-2009, 04:59 PM
GalvatronType_R

HELLZ YEAH:
-actual power gain over the regular Z34
-catfish fangs and butthole have been deleted
-etched concave Nismo RAYS wheels
-enhanced small details such as Nismo stitched seats, red engine cover, stiffer strut tower bar, etc.

OH NOES THEY DI'NT:
-they didn't delete that awful far left gas gauge
-no Brembos?!
-no two tone paint scheme
-no painted wheels
-if I were an early Z34 buyer, I'd be pissed
-dealer markup will be insane (see: GT-R)

A few last notes:
-all the suggestions from posters here, i.e., body parts painted a different color, darker painted wheels, painted calipers, etc., are too little, too late; if it's really coming out in June and it's April now, it's way too late for changes and I bet that the Nismo Z34 is hitting the production line right now
-for those who think that the Nismo Z34 start at $40K, keep dreaming; try $45K before the inevitable markup
-I bought my Nismo Z33 a few weeks ago for $28K out the door; while the Nismo Z34 is a much better car, is it $20K+ better? No.
Old 04-08-2009, 06:19 PM
pacfwu

Originally Posted by GalvatronType_R
-no Brembos?!
They may not be painted gold and may have Nissan printed on them, but have you actually looked at the calipers on the 370z and compared them to the Brembos on the 350z?
Old 04-08-2009, 06:54 PM
fabcas311

i like!
Old 04-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Nexx

They may not be painted gold and may have Nissan printed on them, but have you actually looked at the calipers on the 370z and compared them to the Brembos on the 350z?
+1, ignorance is bliss i guess.

Quick Reply: 350hp for Nissan 370Z!!!!