Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

completing my nitrous build

Old 06-11-2012, 06:38 AM
mhammel20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post completing my nitrous build

Hey guys so I've decided to make a thread on my nitrous build.. I've recently got my car tuned on e85.. it made 302/280 on motor. I just purchased my Hoosier QuickTime pro d.o.t. tires and the nitrous kit. I will be spraying a 200 shot.. also purchased all the accessories as well.. purge kit, safety blow down, automatic bottle heater, wot, window switch, and pressure gauge. Hoping to get this all hooked up here in the next week. Won't have money for tuning for about a month so it will just sit in my car empty lol but here's a list for guys that are curious

Engine:
-fully built vq
-jwt s1 cams
-jwt valve springs and retainers
-port and polished head
-weisco 11:1 pistons 96 mm bore
-eagle connecting rods
-Arp head studs
-Arp main studs
-cometic head gaskets
nitrous:
-zex wet kit
-200 shot
- purge kit
- safety blow down kit
- automatic bottle opener
-NV bottle pressure gauge
- wot
-window switch

I also have alot of other bolt ons to the car as well. These aren't the only mods. I will post pictures of what the car looks like now and also post pictures as I install everything. Hope you guys like it. Any questions feel free to ask

Last edited by mhammel20; 06-11-2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: forgot parts
Old 06-11-2012, 05:56 PM
realist alive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so the motor is already built and you are just waiting on the nitrous install...
Old 06-11-2012, 07:54 PM
mhammel20

yes lol and ik "this thread is worthless without pictures" i didnt really ever do a build thread before i was getting the motor.. yeah its kinda a weird thread but its okay people will get over it. waiting for nitrous to come in, and then next week my hoosier quick time pro DOT tires will be in, and then its off to Dynosty

Originally Posted by realist alive
so the motor is already built and you are just waiting on the nitrous install...
Old 06-11-2012, 08:09 PM
mgrotel

single wet fogger? direct wet shot? direct dry shot?
if it is a single wet fogger, watch out for pooling on that big of a shot
Old 06-11-2012, 08:18 PM
mhammel20

yes its a single wet fogger, ill probably change it later on down the road, depending on what happens
Originally Posted by mgrotel
single wet fogger? direct wet shot? direct dry shot?
if it is a single wet fogger, watch out for pooling on that big of a shot
Old 06-11-2012, 08:23 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm doing dual 75's on mine - not for separate stages, but I was thinking that would be safer whenever I have a solenoid fail. Are you running a progressive controller for traction and any kind of lean AFR cut or fuel pressure cut just in case? The MicroEdge+ is a pretty good deal if you can get your hands on one used.

Last edited by SparkleCityHop; 06-11-2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:36 PM
mhammel20

right now the only switches i have is WOT and a rpm window switch.. id kwhat im doing with traction switch yet.. i dont want to run a bias ply either

Originally Posted by SparkleCityHop
I'm doing dual 75's on mine - not for separate stages, but I was thinking that would be safer whenever I have a solenoid fail. Are you running a progressive controller for traction and any kind of lean AFR cut or fuel pressure cut just in case? The MicroEdge+ is a pretty good deal if you can get your hands on one used.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:40 PM
mhammel20

im calling hal tmrw at dynosty and im going to talk to him about fuel. ill be running e85 with this and my AF gauge already reads like 11. something wot so im rich as is right now amd let alone running e85 with nos i have to up the jet 30-40% more (size wise) on the fuel side

Old 06-12-2012, 02:30 PM
mhammel20

UPDATE My nitrous kit and accessories will be here thursday.. only things i need to order is a progressive controller and a fuel rail adaptor kit. also got my 16 inch rims in and the hoosier quicktime pro DOTs will be in next friday, i iwll begin installing thursday night and will take pictures for anyone thta wants to see or want ideas for placement of things..
Old 06-12-2012, 03:08 PM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by mhammel20
will take pictures for anyone thta wants to see

I look forward to the pics!
Old 06-12-2012, 03:48 PM
mhammel20

ill start taking pictures thursday when i recieve the nitrous and everything.. hopefully im home when they deliver it.. i have to sign for it lol if not then i will start friday

I look forward to the pics!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:51 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I'm doing dual 75's on mine - not for separate stages, but I was thinking that would be safer whenever I have a solenoid fail.
If a solenoid fails, then you'll instantly go lean or rich, both of which are bad. If it's going to blow, it'll blow. If anything, I feel like you have more parts that could potentially fail (ex. wiring, component, etc).
my AF gauge already reads like 11. something wot so im rich as is right now amd let alone running e85 with nos i have to up the jet 30-40% more (size wise) on the fuel side
The stoich AFR of E85 is 9.76, so if your gauge reads 11.X, then you're lean.

Also, upping the fuel jet 30-40% will cause you to go rich. Start at around 28% and see where that takes you.
UPDATE My nitrous kit and accessories will be here thursday.. only things i need to order is a progressive controller and a fuel rail adaptor kit. also got my 16 inch rims in and the hoosier quicktime pro DOTs will be in next friday, i iwll begin installing thursday night and will take pictures for anyone thta wants to see or want ideas for placement of things..
Honestly, I'd think that as long as you heat up the tires real good, the tires will hook. I'd skip the progressive if I was going for quickest ET possible, but that's just me. However, you might want to worry about breaking axles.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:55 PM
realist alive

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in for pics
Old 06-13-2012, 03:36 AM
mhammel20

I'm going to run stock axles till they break then get whatever. And as far as a/f gauge its actually buried at 10 at wot.. as far as it goes. But I won't have a problem hooking up I will be running slicks as well are the track. Hal just gave me an recommendation on a controller to help take stress from rods and everything everything else at lower rpm tq. I'm not against other bit i don't wanna half @$$ this build ya know. I'm going to do it right
Old 06-13-2012, 06:34 AM
mgrotel

imo, then do it right and do direct port, a 200wet shot could pool so easily and destroy things, hope you reconsider
Old 06-13-2012, 07:18 AM
SparkleCityHop
Living in 350Z

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
If a solenoid fails, then you'll instantly go lean or rich, both of which are bad. If it's going to blow, it'll blow. If anything, I feel like you have more parts that could potentially fail (ex. wiring, component, etc).
Probably true... I like toys.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:42 AM
mhammel20

yes true.. I'm changing my shot to a 150 with a progressive controller. I talked to Hal and he said if I'm running a 200 shot DP is HIGHLY recommended. So just going to drop to a 150. Possibly in the future do a direct port set up on my kinetix intake and then run a 200 shot

Originally Posted by mgrotel
imo, then do it right and do direct port, a 200wet shot could pool so easily and destroy things, hope you reconsider
Old 06-13-2012, 08:52 AM
mgrotel

very good plan to go to the 150, i would have hated to see it pool and you be out of a lot of money and work, should be a beast
Old 06-13-2012, 09:40 AM
mhammel20

I'm hoping! Ill start installment tmrw and also taking pictures and what not for people on here. But I will keep people updated. I'm hoping to have this done by IA (July 27-28)

k[QUOTE=mgrotel;9773991]very good plan to go to the 150, i would have hated to see it pnd you be out of a lot of money and work, should be a beast[/QU
Old 07-29-2012, 11:54 AM
mhammel20

Default Update!

UPDATE!!

I have all the hard lines ran, the NMU box mounted, purge mounted as well..

I started the wiring today and got the purge completely done, just need the wire the NMU box and the RPM/ Traction control switch, i took alot of pictures they will be up soon

[IMG][/IMG]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: completing my nitrous build