Notices
Nitrous Oxide Too soon, jr.

Need advice on N/A build w/N2O.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2014, 02:51 PM
jonnyidfw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice on N/A build w/N2O.

Need some advice on what parts I need and what is overkill...I just picked up my block from the machine shop after having it prepped, mangafluxed, and crank balanced and polished, now I need to know if a main shaft girdle and super tech block guards are too much... Or if the block guard will hinder the cooling affects at all... I will be running Wiseco Forged Pistons(due to nitrous), Eagle forged rods, ARP Bolts in main and head studs, JWT C8 cams, PPE LTH, y pipe back exhaust, etc.. I will also be putting a 200 shot of nitrous (after engine break in), so that's why I am considering the Injected Performance Billet Main Gurdle and the block guard, due the extra stress that will be put on the motor.... The main purpose of this build is road course with occasional drag racing.... So please let me know your thoughts on the set up so far and also regarding the main girdle and block guard... I have the money now and just think it will be added protection against failure, some of the companies I have spoken with, that even carry these products, suggest it is overkill..... Thanks in advance for your help.. I will be posting this in Nitrous Forum aS well....\cell \lastrow\row}

Last edited by jonnyidfw; 06-10-2014 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Unknown stuff showed up..