NOLAZCC New Orleans Louisiana Z Car Club

Nola top shop?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 07:20 PM
johnnyjringo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nola top shop?

Howdy y'all

I'm an S2000 guy myself, so please excuse my ignorance... my wife has a 350z roadster which currently has a little problem. Long story short, she was struck in the right front corner a few weeks ago which necessitated the replacement of the right front fender, suspension elements, and bumper/headlight. All work was done through Premier Nissan on Vets, and the car looks great and drives great.

However, since the accident the soft top will no longer fold down closed... it just stops about 2/3 of the way. The insurance company is giving us the runaound about how this can't be related to the accident. Do any of y'all have any experience with similar things? Can you recommend a shop to evaluate the top?

One of the storage compartments behind the seats was "popped" out of place by the accident, so it seems to me that a fairly sizable amount of force had to be transmitted through the chassis, although to visual inspection of the top frame, I see no obvious defects.

Also, as an aside, the passenger window now makes a horrible sound while operating, and somewhere between the towing service and Premier Nissan, the radio antenna was broken off and her GPS unit stolen.

Thanks for your time!

Johnny

And PS... while I still drive the S2000, it didn't taken me long to discover that my wife's 350z is really a much better car on the road.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:16 PM
nothix

no...................
Old 12-15-2009, 06:22 AM
nuckinfutz74

Try River Parish Upholstery, his name is Artie and his # is 504-453-9518. Tell him Shawn from Street Styles sent you, and if he can't fix it, he will put you in the right direction.
Old 12-15-2009, 09:28 AM
NewOrleans350z

Screw Premier. I used to go to them, until they shafted me on a warranty claim. I will never go to them again.

The top problem sounds like the straps are going bad/loosing their elasticity. If it functions enough to get it 2/3 down, then the motor/electrical parts are probably ok. The straps wear out and usually when it makes it almost down to where you are saying, the straps aren't pulling it down all the way. Not sure if this is 100% what's causing your problem, but sounds like it.