Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2004, 05:08 AM
grifferjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bgwillyis300
here how about this everybody who has AIM and for those that dont DL it. then post your screen name up here. So we can all chat!
I would do the chat thing if i could but i have to be honest and admit that 90% of the surfing i do on this forum is done at work and while i have a cool enough job to do this, i dont think i could swing chatting on an instant messenger.

getting fired=no money=no Z!!!!!

Thanks for the invite though. have a great one!!

John.
Old 12-03-2004, 05:28 AM
bgwillyis300

haha... i forgot most of you lucky bastards get to surf at your jobs.

anyway....who all would be interested from Ohio.....going to the ZdayZ event at the dragon?

we can get a Ohio caravan!

also any of you guys ever been or go to the INDY500? Thats right around th zdayz thing as well.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:52 AM
pulpz2

I haven't really done the AIM thing either. I usually just check the forms when I get a few minutes here and there at work and at home.

The caravan to Dragon sounds real cool. I'm definitely interested but don't want to absolutely commit at this point. Not sure how things will shake out in the spring - I might be in school. However, this is definitely a good time to start talking about it and comming up with tentative plans.

I know the s2k guys have a big group from Ohio that does the Dragon every year. In fact I think they do it once in the spring and once early fall.
Old 12-03-2004, 04:26 PM
bgwillyis300

Great that sounds awsome....i hope you can make it!

i guess i will start a caravan thread here shortly
Old 12-03-2004, 05:19 PM
nashjam

What's up Ohio Z's...I'm from cincy, but stuck in D.C. (work). Hope to see some of you on the road when I cruise on back. I was in Columbus for the OSU - Mich game and didn't see a single Z...was kinda dissappointed...but great to see Michigan get their a$$' kicked...and for all of you in the 'nati..Who Dey!!!!
Old 12-04-2004, 05:09 AM
pulpz2

Ok, here's a question for the locals....

Anybody have a favorite stretch of roads in the western half of ohio?
Old 12-04-2004, 05:50 AM
bgwillyis300

hey everybody....be sure to check the 350zmotoring site in the regional area.
I have started a thread for a cruize in tonight....SATURDAY, in the cincy area....actual a lil north of cincy!

so hit it up.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Darren

In northern Ohio you have the whole Mohican park and surrounding areas, just look out for inexperienced bike riders. Eastern Ohio is nice all around Salt Fork, and of course to the south we have Athens, Old Man's cave area, and Wayne Forest. However, all I can think of out west is the Air Force Museum, John Bryan State Park, and Clifton Gorge. Clifton Gorge and the surrounding area has a little elevation change to it, but not much. Of course the whole northeast/west side of the state was shaved flat curtousy of some glacier 2 bazzilion years ago......
Old 12-05-2004, 12:54 PM
grifferjr

Originally posted by nashjam
What's up Ohio Z's...I'm from cincy, but stuck in D.C. (work). Hope to see some of you on the road when I cruise on back. I was in Columbus for the OSU - Mich game and didn't see a single Z...was kinda dissappointed...but great to see Michigan get their a$$' kicked...and for all of you in the 'nati..Who Dey!!!!
i was at the game also. i am lucky enough to hav eseason tix. i know i only drive my Z as a last resort. usually have the person i am going with drive. that way i keep miles off the car plus god only knows what happens around your car while parked near some tailgate. makes me shudder just thinking about it!!!
Old 12-05-2004, 01:00 PM
grifferjr

Originally posted by pulpz2
Ok, here's a question for the locals....

Anybody have a favorite stretch of roads in the western half of ohio?
whats up? i know that some good drives are on the state highways west of here. some examples are state route 73 out of middletown area out to Oxford towards Miami University. you can always get a good drive there. also you can turn off the main drag at any of those stop signs along the way and see if you can get yourself lost. fun times.

another one that i know of off the top of my head is state route 725 heading out past germantown and heading to indiana like you are heading toward that lake in indiana i think its brookeville lake. another good drive and has some turns but also some straights to get past anyone that you might come up behind. same rule here is you can easily turn off that any time and get lost!!!!

later.
Old 12-07-2004, 05:11 AM
pulpz2

Originally posted by grifferjr
whats up? i know that some good drives are on the state highways west of here. some examples are state route 73 out of middletown area out to Oxford towards Miami University. you can always get a good drive there. also you can turn off the main drag at any of those stop signs along the way and see if you can get yourself lost. fun times.

another one that i know of off the top of my head is state route 725 heading out past germantown and heading to indiana like you are heading toward that lake in indiana i think its brookeville lake. another good drive and has some turns but also some straights to get past anyone that you might come up behind. same rule here is you can easily turn off that any time and get lost!!!!

later.
Yeah, there was a similar route like this from north of cincy into to oxford organized by some guys at s2ki.com beginning of November.. It was a bring-what-ever-you-can-as-long-as-you-keep-up run. I couldn't make it but they said they had a really good time.

A friend of mine (also at s2ki.com) organized a run ~100-150 miles in Northern Ky into southern Indy that was an out-right blast. We've done this 2-3 times since I've had the Z.

We should start sharing routes on this thread.

My all-time favorite stretch is I-64 in West Virginia between Beckley and Charleston. This stretch is fast, curvy, and in very good condition. The Appalachian Mountains provide a tremendous backdrop fast driving in a sports car. And usually, from my experience, traffic is not that heavy. The boring part is the drive across 35 E to get to W Virginia.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:20 AM
Darren

The I-64 drive is excellent.
Old 12-07-2004, 02:55 PM
bgwillyis300

make sur eyou guys post up when these events come up...im down for it. Sounds like hellas fun to me.
Old 12-08-2004, 05:20 AM
pulpz2

I try to post the local runs I plan on attending (usually organized with friends thru s2ki.com).

The I-64 trip happens when I go to Norfolk to visit my sister.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:30 PM
grifferjr

I try to post the local runs I plan on attending (usually organized with friends thru s2ki.com).

The I-64 trip happens when I go to Norfolk to visit my sister.
Next time you head out that way DO NOT DO 35 EAST!!!! Thats boring as hell. I know what you are saying. I went to Ohio University and I stayed away from that stretch. Instead, take 35 east just untill Chillin'cothe. Then just after Cothe, take route 50 East that will take you into Athens. Great drive there. Some serious turns and twists, all cutting through the hills. When you get into Athens get on route 52 I believe which runs to Marietta, if you were to take it all the way. which you wont. About 7 miles east on that route grab route 7 which will then take you to Parkersburg WVA. Everything on that trip will be through the hills with twists and turns.

See ya!!!!
Old 12-09-2004, 02:33 PM
grifferjr

you might want to double check me on the actual state route numbers cause it has been 6 years and even then most of the 6 years down there I dont remember well. YEAH!!!!
Old 12-15-2004, 05:44 AM
bgwillyis300

LET IT SNOW
Old 12-15-2004, 08:04 AM
pulpz2

I hate my Z right now. Its taking up a perfectly useful (and warm ) parking spot in the garage right now. I bought a new ice scraper for the truck last week. yah. Come on April!
Old 12-15-2004, 08:05 AM
pulpz2

grifferjr, have you performed the tire swap yet?
Old 12-15-2004, 09:55 AM
grifferjr

grifferjr, have you performed the tire swap yet?
yes i just did it today since it snowed a little this past weekend and the temps have plummeted. damn its freezing out there. had them put the original or rather the nissan issued fronts back on, the 17 inch RE92's, and had Discount Tire put some Blizzacks on the rear 17 inch rims, WS-50's.

I know you had asked about the tire wear with my aftermarket 19 inch falkens. Well they looked good when i took them off. No visible signs of feathering and when i checked the level of the surface there was just some moderate camber wear. meaning the inside tread heighth was a little lower then the outside representing the good traction this car gets. so i do not know what that means. i do know that i believe the feathering is also an aspect of the tire itself and the fact that the OEM 040's had the tread blocks that allowed feathering to be more noticeable. and these falkens have no tread blocking at all, just continous grooves.

also on a side note when they put my original 17 fronts back on i had them swap them, essentially what Nissan does in the TSB in order to even out the camber wear that i discussed back when i got my aftermarkets, and similar to what i said above. of everything i did to her today thats what i feel the most is affecting the handling now.

so now i can say, BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!!!

Quick Reply: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.