Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2004, 10:20 AM
pulpz2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by grifferjr
yes i just did it today since it snowed a little this past weekend and the temps have plummeted. damn its freezing out there. had them put the original or rather the nissan issued fronts back on, the 17 inch RE92's, and had Discount Tire put some Blizzacks on the rear 17 inch rims, WS-50's.

I know you had asked about the tire wear with my aftermarket 19 inch falkens. Well they looked good when i took them off. No visible signs of feathering and when i checked the level of the surface there was just some moderate camber wear. meaning the inside tread heighth was a little lower then the outside representing the good traction this car gets. so i do not know what that means. i do know that i believe the feathering is also an aspect of the tire itself and the fact that the OEM 040's had the tread blocks that allowed feathering to be more noticeable. and these falkens have no tread blocking at all, just continous grooves.

also on a side note when they put my original 17 fronts back on i had them swap them, essentially what Nissan does in the TSB in order to even out the camber wear that i discussed back when i got my aftermarkets, and similar to what i said above. of everything i did to her today thats what i feel the most is affecting the handling now.

so now i can say, BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!!!

Good to hear the tire situation is working out. I plan on switching to a new tire when it comes time to replace them. Maybe I'll have the bucks to buy NISMO rims too. I think I told you I stopped in at Beau Townsend Nissan Performance Shop. I wanted to check out the rims, and man, they are light! I was really surprised. The sales guy said that another Z owner bought them and said the difference in performance associated with the lighter rim was definitely noticeable (that’s the sales guy talking though). Anyhow, I don't know if I can come up with that kinda’ dough for rims (although I would love too). I'm seriously thinking about the Nismo suspension and sway bar in the spring. It drops the car height by 20 mm and I'm not sure how this will look with the stock 17" wheels. Also, I’m a little concerned about ride quality. Too bad no one in Ohio has the Nismo suspension. Otherwise, I would be able to go for a test ride…hint...hint!
Old 12-15-2004, 10:59 AM
grifferjr

i hear ya. i would love the nismo suspension especially with the 19 inchers when i put them back on. would look good with the drop.
Old 12-15-2004, 04:38 PM
bgwillyis300

those nismo wheels any lighter than the factory Track model wheels?
Old 12-15-2004, 04:54 PM
pulpz2

I can’t imagine the track rims are lighter than the Nismo. Good question, though, it was on my mind also. I really like the track rims. Now that I've had my Enthusiast for a year I kinda’ wish I bought a Track instead. I've thought about doing a track day at mid-Ohio but I've been hesitant because I've read posts where people say the regular brakes don't hold up that well under constant braking but the Brembo’s do ok.

Before I spend any money I’m going to search through the tire/wheel/suspension threads and do some research.
Old 12-20-2004, 08:15 PM
bgwillyis300

from expierence i know the Z's brembo held up much much better than my Lex IS300 brakes(which has some very good stock brakes) under extreme mountain driving at the Tail of the dragon.

i would def. do lots of research.
Old 12-21-2004, 11:34 AM
grifferjr

hey everyone,
i hope everyone has made it to the store to get their non-perishables for the forecasted 40 inch blizzard that is coming tommorrow!!!!!!! HAH!!!

i hope i dont have to eat my words but c'mon. its gonna be a little snow and the way areas around here are acting is nuts. i am in the health field and i already have people cancelling their appointments for tommorrow cause they think that they are going to be snowed in!!! Even some doctors offices calling their patients cancelling on them already. I even know Butler County has admitted a "pre" Level 2 travel Advisory. JESUS!!!

there are places up north that wouldnt even sneeze over this!!

if you ask me its just an excuse to get to the weekend early cause most people like myself already have thurs and friday off for the holiday.

i hope we get like 2-4 inches top and everyone looks stupid.

but of course just in case we get the forecasted 8-10 inches, i have my blizzacks so i can get out there and slide around!!!!
Old 12-21-2004, 11:42 AM
pulpz2

8-10 inches??? Thats cool, last I heard it was maybe 6-10. Man, I hope we get clobbered 12-14 would be especially cool. First snow fall of the year, right before Christmas, and it looks like its going to be a doozie!

I need to get something for the back of my truck, 2001 F-150 2wd v6 manual. It slips around in the rain pretty good. I have about 240lb of water softner salts in bags in the garage I thought about tossing in the bed.

Last year I was driving an 87 honda civc, and boy, I loved that thing in the snow.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:30 AM
pulpz2

Looks like were gonna get clobbered. The cold front is pushing south, Cincy should get hit pretty good now too.

I had a lady a late model olds ninety-eight tailgating me on the way to work this morning for like 10 miles. About 7am this morning with snow falling. Around turns I would give the truck some gas and fish tail on purpose, hoping to scare her off. She still wouldn’t back off. I don't get it.
Old 12-22-2004, 05:35 AM
Darren

She was an idiot! And there are a lot more like her out there. Be careful people, I don't want to hear about anyone's baby getting punted off the road.....
Old 12-22-2004, 09:26 AM
grifferjr

Originally posted by Darren
She was an idiot! And there are a lot more like her out there. Be careful people, I don't want to hear about anyone's baby getting punted off the road.....
yeah good news and bad news.

bad news is i think i am eating my words from yesterday. we are getting hammered. one of the few times the weathermen were wrong on this end. we are actually gonna get more than expected. i even heard on our news we could get 20 inches after everythign is said and done.

now for the good news, the Z handled great with the blizzacks. like i said in a PM to pulpz2, i could have even passed people. but i was in no hurry and just kicked back and listened to espn radio while i watched everyone else slide around me. kinda like watching an automobile version of the ice capades!!!

everyone be careful!!!!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 10:04 AM
pulpz2

No reason to push it even with good tires.
Especially when the likelyhood of someone around you loosing control is high. Never know when you'll need the extras traction to avoid an accident.

My boss just decided to give everyone the day off tomorrow, so, yah it’s Friday with four Saturdays to follow!
Old 12-22-2004, 01:16 PM
grifferjr

good for you. i had already taken tommorrow off so i know the feeling. down side is with the weather cant get out to bw3's for the football game. good news is with the weather there is nothing else to do but lounge on the couch with a few brews for the football game. (bowling green vs memphis in GMAC should be good)

the Z is in the garage. no problems other then the first part of the drive home the wipers were frozen so visiblity was chancy. she is staying in the garage all day tommorrow if need be untill they get this stuff cleaned up. supposed to die down sometime tommorrow morning.
Old 12-22-2004, 02:54 PM
bgwillyis300

man you guys driving your Z's around better be extra careful of other people around you.

I just expierenced that first hand today. I was driving one of the lots cars (94 fullsize blazer) and some ***** in the slow lane(w/no drivers license&no insurance) decided she is going to lose control right in front of me.....she turns sideways and begins to slide over into my lane.....i had to hti the brakes and turn the wheel trying to avoid T-boning her but i couldnt stop the slide and ended up hitting her left front corner with my right rear end. just a basketball size dent for the truck.
But that would be My first wreck of my life. i was more pissed that it happened than anything.

But i was very thankful that i wasnt drivign my Z or My IS300 because the same thing could have happened.

Just be aware guys.

and griffer you just ate your words! We got hammered!LOL
Old 12-22-2004, 03:28 PM
pulpz2

No kidding, he ate his words! He jinxed us! j/k

griffer,, keep that Z in the garage! Brews are cheaper when served in the living room. Haha. They just opened a BW3 here in Englewood a few months ago. I've been in there 4-5 times. Its ok but the food and service is really inconsistent. The one on Brown street by UD campus is pretty good.

bgwilly, sorry to hear about the accident. Sounds like everyone is ok. Those things are inevitable in weather like this. Its just a matter of whose going to be involved.

Some lady flipper her suv on I675 SE of Dayton. They just showed the video on The Weather Channel (I'm starting think they broadcast from Cincy). She's OK but got a ticket for failure to control. The video was amazing. She hit a guardrail like it was ramp, flipped and spun in the air and landed on her top. State Trooper got it on video from his cruiser.

Anyhow, everyone have safe and happy holiday.
Old 12-22-2004, 03:29 PM
pulpz2

Btw, anybody up for a run tomorrow?
haha
Old 12-22-2004, 03:39 PM
grifferjr

Originally posted by pulpz2
Btw, anybody up for a run tomorrow?
haha
yeah sorry everyone. i having eaten all day cause i have ben so full from the words and statement that i made yesterday. i know you are all hating me now but c'mon, after this gets through by tommorrow its gonna be plain awesome to have this for christmas.

i know i am only 28 but i dont think i can ever remember a snowstorm like this right before christmas. i know 2 years ago we had a moderate one on the eve, but nothing like this. hell we havent had this anytime of year for quite some time.

be safe everyone and get them sleds out!!!!
Old 12-22-2004, 07:52 PM
bgwillyis300

I just watched the movie "king arthur" If you guys are into thso types of war hero movies i definately recommend this one.

i give it two thumbs UP....the chick aint bad either
Old 12-23-2004, 10:24 AM
grifferjr

i will have to keep that in mind as i am sitting here in my house snowed in. with everything done we can safely say that we got hammered. it took me 2 hours to shoevl my driveway. a very average single car thing. had to do it in stages. first shovel off a top layer and then get down to the concrete. thank god the neighbor came over with the snowblower and helped with most of it.

cant get out yet. i live on a court and as we all know thats the last thing to get plowed. i dont live in the boonies, in west carrollton. i can see the traffic moving on alex bell, just not on my street cause it hasnt been plowed yet. in fact my neighbor, the one with the infinity SUV got stuck in the middle of the court. had to leave it their. he owns som property and had to get there to get the drive plowed so he took his blower and painstakingly blew tire tracks out of our court to free his SUV. JESUS.

Well good side is that i have high def TV and I am stocked up on beer and pizza, and should be ready for the games tonight. marshall versus Cincy. thundering herd shoudl roll over the bearcats.
Old 12-23-2004, 11:57 AM
grifferjr

free at last, free at last, thank god almighty i am free at last!!!!!

4:00pm afternoon and they finally plowed my street. talked to my pop who has already been out doing christmas shopping, i dont fall far from the tree thats what i am heading out to do, he said the roads are good once you get to the main passes.

so see ya fellas!!!!!!!
Old 12-23-2004, 04:17 PM
push

Main roads aren't too bad, but my street still hasn't been plowed. The Z has been parked in the garage for the past week and will stay there until it gets nicer out. For now i'll be cruising my parents' 02 CRV.

Quick Reply: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.