Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2004, 07:04 AM
pulpz2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We got hammered here in Englewood. Somewhere between 17-18 inches. I've been doing nothing but shovel snow. Mine, my mothers, and Grandfather-in-law.
Old 12-25-2004, 09:58 AM
grifferjr

Originally posted by pulpz2
We got hammered here in Englewood. Somewhere between 17-18 inches. I've been doing nothing but shovel snow. Mine, my mothers, and Grandfather-in-law.
First off, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Kwanzaa and all the rest to everyone. And oh yeah the most important one, Happy Festivus!!!!!!

The snow was a killer. My back is very sore right now and i consider myself to be halfway in shape. On the professional side though i am glad cause this will more than likely bring some business into the clinic, i am a physical therapist!!!!!

i think the worst part about the snow is the sleet and freezing rain we had to cap everything off wednesday night into thursday morning. put a nice heavy seal of ice on everything. made the snow blowers have to really work overtime.
Old 12-26-2004, 07:05 AM
BOOPZ

Hey everyone...I'm new, but my boyfriend has been on here he's bgwillyis300. I'm going to be on here more often now, looking foward to learning new things about my CAR! I'm sure bgwilly has told you about my car and he just got me a whole bunch of new stuff for it for Christmas! I can't wait until all this snow is gone so i can get my car out of the garage and start crusin. I'm looking foward to meeting up with all of you!
Old 12-26-2004, 08:03 AM
pulpz2

Originally posted by BOOPZ
Hey everyone...I'm new, but my boyfriend has been on here he's bgwillyis300. I'm going to be on here more often now, looking foward to learning new things about my CAR! I'm sure bgwilly has told you about my car and he just got me a whole bunch of new stuff for it for Christmas! I can't wait until all this snow is gone so i can get my car out of the garage and start crusin. I'm looking foward to meeting up with all of you!
Welcome to my350z.com. How long have you had your Z? What kind of stuff did bgwilly get for it?

There is a lot to do around when the weather breaks.

Hope to see you and bgwilly around.
Old 12-26-2004, 08:13 AM
pulpz2

OK, now that there is a foot of snow on the ground seems like a good time to reminisce and think about next spring.

The following link is from this last summer, when a bunch of us (10-12 all together - my350z.com, s2ki.com and friends) in the Cincinnati Dayton area got together for a run in Northern Kentucky / Southern Indiana.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...=207525&st=125

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....0&pagenumber=4

We should be organizing this again come springtime. Look like we may have a bigger turnout as well.

When I first bought my Z I went on a run in Kentucky with a few buddies (August 2003). Here are some pics:

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=148897

Anybody ever go to the Detroit auto show? It’s well worth the drive and the crowds. I went last year and I’m going again this year. It’s a blast being able to see the concepts and the exotics. The 2006 Z06 Corvette is to be débuted at the show. My big hope is to buy a Z06 corvette in 3-5 years. I think it’s the third week in January.
Old 12-28-2004, 05:45 AM
bgwillyis300

Sweet Pics.

You had to rub it in that there was 12 in. of snow still on the ground didnt ya.

dayum i cant wait for hot weather.!
Old 12-28-2004, 06:43 AM
pulpz2

No kidding. I just received my registration renewal for the Z in the mail. Went out to the garage to put it in the glove box and just sat in the car for a few minutes dreaming about warm weather.

But hey, if you’re a baseball fan, pitchers and catchers report to spring training in about a month! Things are looking up for the Reds since they've added a third baseman and decent pitching.
Old 12-28-2004, 09:51 AM
grifferjr

cant wait for them redlegs to start things up. i have been outa touch now during the holidays and bowl season but i finally read a hal mccoy article and saw all whom they signed (did that make any sense?).

seems like they are making half of an effort to do sme winning. that kevin milton should be a good number one. someone who just quietly gets things done. solid guy for the phillies. well better run.

happy new years everyone, and remember take a cab if ya have to. dont want to see any Z's out there with them damn scarlet letter plates!!!!!

dont even get me started on that subject. those plates are bullsh!t, period.
Old 12-28-2004, 11:47 AM
pulpz2

Originally posted by grifferjr
cant wait for them redlegs to start things up. i have been outa touch now during the holidays and bowl season but i finally read a hal mccoy article and saw all whom they signed (did that make any sense?).

seems like they are making half of an effort to do sme winning. that kevin milton should be a good number one. someone who just quietly gets things done. solid guy for the phillies. well better run.

happy new years everyone, and remember take a cab if ya have to. dont want to see any Z's out there with them damn scarlet letter plates!!!!!

dont even get me started on that subject. those plates are bullsh!t, period.

Oh yeah, I forgot about th e plates. When does that new law go into effect? I have to agree, they are bs. If they're going to make plates for traffic violations they should do it for EVERY violation. Could you imagine. haha
Old 12-28-2004, 11:52 AM
grifferjr

already been in effect. have been since the spring i think. if you pay attention you will see some driving around. they look like those new mexico plates, bright yellow with red numbers. except they dont have the scenic scene like the new mexicos do.

they tried to say that just because you have the plates the cops wont discriminate any extra. PLEEAAAAAZE!!!!! you mean to tell me that if a cop sees two cars leaving a sports place like say BW3's, you dont think he is going to follow the scarlett letter before he follows the other??? yeah right.
Old 12-28-2004, 12:19 PM
pulpz2

already been in effect. have been since the spring i think. if you pay attention you will see some driving around. they look like those new mexico plates, bright yellow with red numbers. except they dont have the scenic scene like the new mexicos do.

they tried to say that just because you have the plates the cops wont discriminate any extra. PLEEAAAAAZE!!!!! you mean to tell me that if a cop sees two cars leaving a sports place like say BW3's, you dont think he is going to follow the scarlett letter before he follows the other??? yeah right.
I bet the cops dont have to use them on the cruiser if they get a DUI. haha. What happens to a cop if he gets one anyhow? Oh yeah, I forgot, they don't get DUIs!
Old 12-28-2004, 01:48 PM
grifferjr

Funny you mention that cause obviously they technically can. of course i realize that they probably dont all that much, part of the privelage. but every now and then you hear of one. i know last year a cop got one in fairborn, dont think it was as high ranking cop as the sheriff or anything but i know it made the news and he was fired. funny thing is, i remember the article cause he even refused to take the breathalizer!!!!! talk about a lesson there for the rest of us. should you ever be pulled over, dont blow!!!! you may spend the night in jail but trust me it will pay off in the end. better leverage to get things down to a wreckless op.

i know cause unfortunately i am a 3 year survivor myself, well before i owned the Z. so thats why i have a little well okay a huge chip on my shoulder about them damn plates. cause i know that good honest people make mistakes and to have to be branded for half a year for one mistake, thats absurb. i can see if it were for repeat offenders only but for first timers also?, c'mon.

anyway back to the cop thing. funniest part is that while i was in my weekend alcohol "retreat" (part of the sentence to avoid jailtime) i sat next to another rather younger guy. when i asked him what he did for a living, he said, swear to God, he was a cop!!!! i about died laughing. he must have screwed the captains daughter or something!!!!!
Old 01-10-2005, 04:32 AM
pulpz2

got busted by the po-po yesterday:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....hreadid=105689
Old 01-10-2005, 12:15 PM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The Central Ohio Z club is hosting the Midwest Z Event the weekend of July 15-17, 2005. Few details yet but the goal is to make this much more than just a car show. Possibilities include a tour of the Nissan Regional Training Facility, having a rolling dyno on site, drag races at National Trails, etc etc. Of course there will be a car show with trophies for multiple classes, raffles, and hopefully some entertainment. More details as they become available at www.zroc.org
Z-Car and Roadster Owners Club is comprised of owners of late '60 Datsun Roadsters through the current 350Z's with all vintages represented; as a 350Z owner I would love to see our vintage well represented, so mark the date!
Old 01-10-2005, 06:53 PM
grifferjr

man sorry to hear about that. i saw the thread but never made the connection as to who started it. where did ya get nabbed. sounds like it might have been the germantown area. dont know why i say that it just seems like in talking to you in the past you do some driving out there.

after reading everything that was said on the other thread i like what one of the last posters said. i know your gut reaction is to just pay the ticket and get it over with, over all you sound as if you are sorry it ever happened and also know that you were fortunate to not get the full speed. but that guy is right, when you just mail the ticket in you are actually going to be convicted of being guilty of a crime. if you go in and at least plead no contest, no guilty charge.

for the ticket, unless it would have been 100+mph, no big deal, cause its a misdemeanor. but in my situation as i wrote bout above, i pleaded no contest to the dui, which is felony. i know its all logistics but technically i was never found guilty cause i pleaded no contest. something to keep in mind.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:50 AM
pulpz2

Originally posted by PerfZ
The Central Ohio Z club is hosting the Midwest Z Event the weekend of July 15-17, 2005. Few details yet but the goal is to make this much more than just a car show. Possibilities include a tour of the Nissan Regional Training Facility, having a rolling dyno on site, drag races at National Trails, etc etc. Of course there will be a car show with trophies for multiple classes, raffles, and hopefully some entertainment. More details as they become available at www.zroc.org
Z-Car and Roadster Owners Club is comprised of owners of late '60 Datsun Roadsters through the current 350Z's with all vintages represented; as a 350Z owner I would love to see our vintage well represented, so mark the date!
Wow, there are signs of Z life in Ohio!. This is the first I've heard of ZROC. Its a good thing its not called ZCROC. haha. j/k. Whats the member tally?

Count me in at the Midwest Z event. Sounds great. Are there any organized ZROC caravans to the ZdayZ this year?
Old 01-11-2005, 03:51 AM
pulpz2

I spotted a chrome silver Z on WSU campus last night. It was about 300 ft away. I didn't get a good look at the driver.
Old 01-11-2005, 04:00 AM
pulpz2

after reading everything that was said on the other thread i like what one of the last posters said. i know your gut reaction is to just pay the ticket and get it over with, over all you sound as if you are sorry it ever happened and also know that you were fortunate to not get the full speed. but that guy is right, when you just mail the ticket in you are actually going to be convicted of being guilty of a crime. if you go in and at least plead no contest, no guilty charge.
But, in the long run what does it matter? Either way, guilty or no contest, the insurance company sees 2 point and speeding right?

I'm still debating over how to handle this. I've not mailed the ticket and check yet but It's what I'm leaning towards. Largely because I can't bring myself to go to court and try to deny I was speeding when the cop and I both know I was (I still don't think he clocked me, but he knows I was going a hellava lot faster than 70).

I'm thinking about calling my insurance agent (broker) and get her take on how the insurance company might repond.

Also, my spare time is pretty slim right now. I'm looking at taking a 1/2 day off work to go to court. I'm working fulltime and I just started back to school full time as well.

But my big concern is not how much this ticket will cost but what if I get another ticket two weeks from now in my pickup truck for no good reason. Then the points start to add up and I really have to be carefull when I'm out and about in the Z this summer.

Dunno, I still have a few things to think about.

Last edited by pulpz2; 01-11-2005 at 04:04 AM.
Old 01-11-2005, 05:13 AM
04ECSTAZ

Another Ohio member added to the thread...glad to finally find some Z-car enthusiasts from the Ohio area!! Well, I've spent the last hour reading all the posts in this thread and I must say that there are several topics of interest. First of all, COUNT ME IN with some of the runs you guys have planned this spring/summer.
Just to clear things up, I'm from the small town of Wapakoneta in northwestern OH(hometown of Neil Armstrong, first man on the moon!!!)...I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Lima, but I am about 15 min. south of it(40 min. north of Dayton area)...work at the Lima Auto Mall(we are authorized dealer of Nissan, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Jeep, etc...and I just so happen to be in the parts dept, so get at me if I can be of assistance.
Anyways, I'll be staying in touch with the thread so keep the posts a comin'! Take it easy guys.
Attached Thumbnails The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-350z.jpg  
Old 01-11-2005, 06:03 AM
pulpz2

Originally posted by 04ECSTAZ
Another Ohio member added to the thread...glad to finally find some Z-car enthusiasts from the Ohio area!! Well, I've spent the last hour reading all the posts in this thread and I must say that there are several topics of interest. First of all, COUNT ME IN with some of the runs you guys have planned this spring/summer.
Just to clear things up, I'm from the small town of Wapakoneta in northwestern OH(hometown of Neil Armstrong, first man on the moon!!!)...I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with Lima, but I am about 15 min. south of it(40 min. north of Dayton area)...work at the Lima Auto Mall(we are authorized dealer of Nissan, Cadillac, Chevrolet, Jeep, etc...and I just so happen to be in the parts dept, so get at me if I can be of assistance.
Anyways, I'll be staying in touch with the thread so keep the posts a comin'! Take it easy guys.

Nice rims. Are those the invisible tires I've been hearing about that don't feather, or do you have the levitating car mod that doesn't require an alignment. haha j/k. Seriously, what kind of mods are you running?

Btw, welcome to The *OFFICIAL* OHIO Thread

Quick Reply: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.