Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Kolia

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey!

At last, I can finally post on this topic...

I'm taking off from Columbus tomorrow morning for Atlanta GA where awaits my supah black 2005 350Z Track. I'm sure I'll miss the AWD Impreza with the ice tires, but I'll be happy none the less.

10h drive to get back here and safely in her garage saturday night. When do we guys meet?
Old 03-16-2005, 05:14 AM
pulpz2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kolia
Hey!

At last, I can finally post on this topic...

I'm taking off from Columbus tomorrow morning for Atlanta GA where awaits my supah black 2005 350Z Track. I'm sure I'll miss the AWD Impreza with the ice tires, but I'll be happy none the less.

10h drive to get back here and safely in her garage saturday night. When do we guys meet?
Kolia, welcome to the thread. And congrats on the new purchase.

So, how was the drive? You followed the break-in procedure....right? What is it, don't exceed 4500 rpm for 600 miles, or something like that?
Old 03-16-2005, 05:19 AM
pulpz2

Well, I spent some money on the Z last week. I bought the Hotchkis TVS Stage 1 kit (adjustable front and rear sway bars and springs). I'm looking to improve the handling and ride abit while not spending too much cash. This way I don't have to replace the stock shocks. The drop is about ~3/4". The whole kit was $410 shipped.

Grifferjr, are you still thinking about the NISMO suspension?

I also bought a new Alpine head unit and front and back Polk Audio composite 6-3/4" speakers. I plan on doing a 10" sub as well but I'm still shopping around for this.

I hope to get this stuff installed this weekend.

Last edited by pulpz2; 03-16-2005 at 05:23 AM.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:35 AM
grifferjr

nice pulpz2,
all of that sounds great. i had thought about doing some audio work to the Z but I am such an AM radio nerd that it would be almost throwing money for me. I am not happy unless I am listening to ESPN radio.

Yeah i am still kicking the NISMO idea around. I have just ordered some spacers from H&R that will bring my aftermarkets out flush, 25mm up front and 15mm in back. But from what i have seen when you do that with 19's the fronts end up looking a touch small. So if that is the case then I will do the NISMO to get the drop that it gives you. If the wheels look good with just the spacers then i might not worry about it.

and here is a stupid question, if you put that suspension on, can you take it back off??? say when you sell the car. Ultimately my goal is to get another Z in a few years, especially if Nissan does do the rumored body style change maybe in 2007. By that time I will be able to get the Z and maybe also afford a good "other" car to drive around. I am just driving this Z too much put too much $ into it for a sport performance. I have just passed 35k miles. With my plan, the next Z would remain a "garage queen" out of the weather and also driven for pure fun!!!

and finally we need to start thinking of a date time and place for all of us to hang out somewhere around the dayton area. perhaps a weekend in the next month or so.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:46 AM
pulpz2

Originally Posted by grifferjr
nice pulpz2,
all of that sounds great. i had thought about doing some audio work to the Z but I am such an AM radio nerd that it would be almost throwing money for me. I am not happy unless I am listening to ESPN radio.
Yeah, I forgot, you have XM radio. I want to do that eventually myself. The new head unit I bought is XM ready (what ever that means - haha I've not really looked closely at the technology yet).

Opening Day is not far around the corner, so I'll be tuning back into 700 wlwl on a regular basis.

Something’s wrong with the Reds, two weeks into spring training and no one is injured.

I just had a thought, we should have Z Club of Dayton Night at 5/3 Field (bogus club name just to get on the reader board. haha) . I just received a letter a few weeks back about getting preferred access to party decks (or something like that) for season ticket holders. We could rent a Party Deck one night. Maybe they would let us park our cars on the Plaza in front of the stadium. haha. - Outside of foul ball range, of course.

Not sure how pricey it is, but if there is an interest, I can check it out.

Yeah i am still kicking the NISMO idea around. I have just ordered some spacers from H&R that will bring my aftermarket out flush, 25mm up front and 15mm in back. But from what i have seen when you do that with 19's the fronts end up looking a touch small. So if that is the case then I will do the NISMO to get the drop that it gives you. If the wheels look good with just the spacers then i might not worry about it.
When you bough the rims, were you able to pick the offset? I've been looking at VolK T-37s or NISMO LMGT4s and I'm still trying to sort this out. There is the cosmetic aspect to getting the offset right but I'm not sure what affect it has on performance. I'm a good year (or one more set of tires) away form buying rims.

How much spacer offset can you go with before it causes problems with the suspension?

and here is a stupid question, if you put that suspension on, can you take it back off??? say when you sell the car. Ultimately my goal is to get another Z in a few years, especially if Nissan does do the rumored body style change maybe in 2007. By that time I will be able to get the Z and maybe also afford a good "other" car to drive around. I am just driving this Z too much put too much $ into it for a sport performance. I have just passed 35k miles. With my plan, the next Z would remain a "garage queen" out of the weather and also driven for pure fun!!!
Yeah, I thought about this too. A buddy of mine is going to help with the install so I know how to do it in the future. I plan on keeping the OEM springs and sways so I can reinstall them if necessary. Plus it's cool to have spare parts laying around. lol.

I haven't heard about the rumored body style change. Is there a thread on this?

Before I bought the 2000 F150 as an everyday driver I had a 1987 Honda Civic +200k miles and no heat. I drove it back and forth to work all winter so the "queen" could rule the garage. In the end it's worth it. Sounds like you have a good plan.

and finally we need to start thinking of a date time and place for all of us to hang out somewhere around the Dayton area. Perhaps a weekend in the next month or so.

Sounds cool. I'm free on the weekends and during the week except Monday and Wednesday.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:14 AM
valdeztke

Default Go BUcks

Hey all,

A newbie to this Ohio thread. I am actually a student at Ohio State currently living in DC ( all the love to my DC z's ). Just got me a redline almost 2 months ago.

SN: valdeztke

MODS:
Vortech SC 9Psi
NISMO Exhaust
DEFI Gauges
Vanity Plate: SCD XTAZ

Soon to come:
Crawford headers, cats, and plenum
Volk ATV
Full Do Luck Kit w/ Veilside 1 wing
Old 03-16-2005, 11:45 AM
pulpz2

Welcome valdeztke. So are you currently in Ohio or DC? Whats your major at OSU ?
Old 03-16-2005, 04:13 PM
valdeztke

in DC
Studying political science
Old 03-16-2005, 09:44 PM
Kolia

Originally Posted by pulpz2
Kolia, welcome to the thread. And congrats on the new purchase.

So, how was the drive? You followed the break-in procedure....right? What is it, don't exceed 4500 rpm for 600 miles, or something like that?
Thanks,

It's 1200 mile under 4000 rpm...

I'm at 900 now (since saturday...) and I've started to explore higher revs. It's a bit cold for the tires tought. She'll want to spin in second when at WOT.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:37 AM
pulpz2

Thanks,

It's 1200 mile under 4000 rpm...

I'm at 900 now (since saturday...) and I've started to explore higher revs. It's a bit cold for the tires tought. She'll want to spin in second when at WOT.
Yeah, when it's this cold there is no point in pushing it (not to mention the salt dust and gravel). Two weeks ago on a nice Sunday evening a 93-94 Corvette kept taughnting me in town. I ignored him and he ended up in front of me. It turns out we both were headed for the freeway. He turned on to the ramp and I was right behind him. I took a tighter turn than he hoping to null any chance he might get a good jump. I couldn't get traction in 1st so I up shifted to 2nd couldn't keep traction so I let out fo the throttle more, and to my surprise when I hit 3rd it started break loose again ( abit unnerving). But I backed out of the throttle again and eased back into it and started pulling on the corvettup to 120 then we both let out of it.

It important to to take your time and get to know how the Z handles and its limits. There are many threads on this forum and others where peple are telling their " I wrecked my Z" story because they got carried away.

Persoanlly, I was too scared to turn off the TCS for the firts two months I had the car. Gradually I learned to feel and anticipate when it would active and then when I felt more compftable with controlling the car I started exploring the limits without TCS. Turns out I hate the TCS now. I've come to feel that it makes the car too "unpredicatable" when it engages.
Old 03-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Kolia

Yeah, when it's this cold there is no point in pushing it (not to mention the salt dust and gravel). Two weeks ago on a nice Sunday evening a 93-94 Corvette kept taughnting me in town. I ignored him and he ended up in front of me. It turns out we both were headed for the freeway. He turned on to the ramp and I was right behind him. I took a tighter turn than he hoping to null any chance he might get a good jump. I couldn't get traction in 1st so I up shifted to 2nd couldn't keep traction so I let out fo the throttle more, and to my surprise when I hit 3rd it started break loose again ( abit unnerving). But I backed out of the throttle again and eased back into it and started pulling on the corvettup to 120 then we both let out of it.

It important to to take your time and get to know how the Z handles and its limits. There are many threads on this forum and others where peple are telling their " I wrecked my Z" story because they got carried away.

Persoanlly, I was too scared to turn off the TCS for the firts two months I had the car. Gradually I learned to feel and anticipate when it would active and then when I felt more compftable with controlling the car I started exploring the limits without TCS. Turns out I hate the TCS now. I've come to feel that it makes the car too "unpredicatable" when it engages.
It’s the first time I have a car that’s traction limited and my first RWD. So I’m taking it easy. Balance is way more delicate than the AWD Impreza. Can’t just throw it into a corner and power my way out of it (Power is a big word for the 165hp that car has…)

I’ve registered to the NASA HPDE class held in early April at MidOhio. I’ll use it to accelerate my “reprogramming” to this new chassis. Is anybody here going? There’s a couple of Z already listed. I’m in group 2.

Anytime is good for a Dayton meet.

Cheers, it’s St-Patrick Day !
Old 03-21-2005, 05:56 AM
pulpz2

Finished the Hotchkis TVS Stage1 install this weekend. Thoguht I would post some before and after picks.

Before...lol
Attached Thumbnails The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-dscf0757_small1.jpg  
Old 03-21-2005, 06:03 AM
pulpz2

....and after.

I didn't have the camera before we started working on the car so I don't really have a good stock picture for side by side comparison of the drop.

I can say that I am VERY happy with the improved handling with the Hotchkis setup. The body roll on turn-in is signifcantly reduced and the rear end is much more communicative to throttle inputs. The car feels much more controllable during cornering.
Attached Thumbnails The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-dscf0771_small2.jpg   The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.-dscf0772_small2.jpg  
Old 03-23-2005, 10:54 AM
grifferjr

hey everyone i am back. went to chicago for a long weekend for some basketball watching and reliving of the college days. sorry i havent been able to respond pulpz2.

to answer some of your questions. i have no idea how much offset spacer you can do without problems. but i do know that i have read where some people have been doing as much as 1 inch with no problems, at least as of yet. i am planning on 25mm in front and 15mm in rear and having that RJR motorsports put them on.

as far as the XM, I ended up going with Sirius and havent looked back. Sirius has NFL, college basketball, NASCAR in 07, and Howard Stern next year. Also it has all of the ESPN channels. I have the disc changer BOSE radio but havent used a CD since mid December when i got the satellite radio.

And yes I am pumped about the baseball season. The Reds aree toying with our emotions as usual. They always look promising this time of year and even stretch it into mid July then the bottom falls out through injuries. I think i remember even having this talk with you last year. So needless to say I am not going to get my hopes up. Still though I will cheer for them like crazy and cant wait for opening day. I have tix and will be taking the Z down there, nice coincidence that she is Redline!!!

I think the Dragons game sounds great. I love those games. I have had season tix through my family since they have started, and go to at least 3 games every homestand. It is rare that I ever pay attention to the game though. Its just a big party and most times I dont know who won untill i read about it in the paper the next day. I think the party deck would be a cool idea.

well that about covers it. so with that said well all need to get on mother nature's a$$ and tell her to bring on the spring weather!!!!!
Old 03-25-2005, 07:21 AM
ryanhartnett

Hey fellow buckeyes! Just got my 05 base.. I am in Arizona for work until May, but Ill be back in OH just in time to enjoy the nice weather.
Old 03-25-2005, 08:13 AM
grifferjr

lucky you!!!!! glad to have ya. let us know when you get into town.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:01 AM
pulpz2

Short notce but FYI, Dayton / Cincinnati Area meet Sunday April 3rd. The plan is to meet at Kings Island and cruise to Kil Kare Raceway in Xenia to watch the AutoX/Drifting competion.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....94#post1354294
Old 04-01-2005, 06:09 AM
grifferjr

Short notce but FYI, Dayton / Cincinnati Area meet Sunday April 3rd. The plan is to meet at Kings Island and cruise to Kil Kare Raceway in Xenia to watch the AutoX/Drifting competion.

sounds fun. if my plans open up i might meet you guys at the track. i go to kil kare all the time on friday nights with my pops for the racing. i dont live to awful far from there so it wouldnt make any sense to meet you guys at kings island.

i will have to say this. if the weather is nice you can count on one thing, i will be golfing!!!!

thanks for the info.
Old 04-01-2005, 06:45 AM
Kolia

Sorry, I'll be at MidOhio all week-end...

Next time for sure tough!
Old 04-01-2005, 09:24 AM
pulpz2

Sorry, I'll be at MidOhio all week-end...

Next time for sure tough!

Hey, yeah, thats right... your doing the NASA thing. I'll have to keep an eye out for next winter so I can plan ahead for it. I'd love to get out on the track at Mid-Ohio.

Good Luck. And if you happen to snap any pictures definitely post.

Quick Reply: The *OFFICIAL* OHIO thread.