Notices
North Central Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, Illinois , Indiana, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa

Detroit Area Z List part 3

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 10:26 PM
Yancy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Evos are faster and all (than most Z's)"

Much respect to the EVO's and STI's because they are fast. All I Know, is I'm glad I added the TT. No losses yet. Closest contenders have been an older TT RX-7 with a ton of work done to it, and a slightly modified 2004 Z-06 (TTZ v Z-06 = 3 wins, 0 losses).

Hugh WHP numbers might be coming, but I've been second guessing whether to build the engine or pick up a new Z-06 when they come out? I've heard those things might be in the high elevens stock :0 Most likely, I'll keep the Z because a Z is one of the best looking cars on the road.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:05 AM
zlessnomore

Mike you know what I saw the other day on one of the Z sites?
I saw a slotted and drilled rotor with the drill holes painted to match the calipers or red. Is that stuff high heat or I mean would it burn out of the rotors from the heat of braking? Looked fantastic. By the way Andy from zdayz had a cf hood and he had some major issues with it and went back to the stock hood. I asked Morris also from zdayz about it when I saw Andy's car in some recent pics. Morris told me the paint cracked and the hood prop Andy used made a dimple in the hood from the heat and was going to poke a hole in it if they did not see it happening and the dimple went down after the prop was taken out. Things to think about!
Old 01-15-2005, 07:08 AM
mdacko

hah yancy, of course your Z is faster than anything on the road. i was talking about bolt on Z's, like mine. i will get owned time and again by evos. but people like you and derek are all set. if i had a F/I Z then i would be racing evos all day!

also Zless, i just saw some brembo drilled/slotted rotors on ebay for like $250 for front/rear - you should check them out
Old 01-15-2005, 07:34 AM
zlessnomore

Well I got a complete set for 190 shipped, non brems is what I needed, and I got them off ebay and Mike gave me there phone number. They are pretty cool and I think I am going to paint the drill holes the same color as the calipers before I put them on in the spring.

Thanks for thinking of me Misha!!!! I hope the orange samco hoses get in soon for you, I told Morris about them and he said he would have to check into that. He has a very clean sunset as well.

Last edited by zlessnomore; 01-15-2005 at 07:36 AM.
Old 01-15-2005, 09:35 AM
mzack

Zless, First coat of Zaino today. Took me a while to clean the car then clay it. Next coat later and 3-6 tommorrow. The shine is on. Also, is there a way to get ahold of Andy? I would like to talk to him about the problem. My hood has already been shipped and should be here either Monday or Tuesday at Dick Scotts along with everything else.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:01 AM
zlessnomore

pm'd you mike with that and more info!
Old 01-15-2005, 10:28 AM
mzack

thanks, I just sent him an email. I put coat #2 on. Its drying.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:55 AM
zlessnomore

Mike I think I talked Terry from zeetoyz.com into sponsoring and go with us to Zdayz!

Misha check out that site for his samco hose clamps they look really nice and you can get them in colors! I ordered the polished and Z logo caps to match.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:10 AM
mzack

Those are on my wish list. I think I have about 10 more things then the car is finished. I have to get a body kit before May though.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:12 AM
mzack

Zaino Goes on so easy and comes right off. Coat #3 drying. Thats it for today. Whiles its drying, I am going to get the tires ready and then go and takes some pics with all the shine and new wheels.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:07 PM
mzack

Default Zaino

Three coats. Sun is low in the sky so there is not much reflection.

Who is going to the Auto Show. I want to go late Sunday like around 4 or 5.
Attached Thumbnails Detroit Area Z List part 3-zaino1.jpg  
Old 01-15-2005, 01:05 PM
mdacko

i love Zaino!!! im going to order a ton of stuff and the day i pull my car out of storage im gonna go nuts on it. zless i saw the samco hose clamps on their website, but i have many other things id like to spend 250$ than that. maybe someday, it does make the engine bay look hot.

mike im going to the auto show tomorrow around 3 i think. maybe we will run into eachother!
Old 01-15-2005, 02:55 PM
zlessnomore

Misha, Terry lowered his prices by abit and I did get them!
For the entire kit plus the jug caps and s/h did not come to 240.00
if that helps
Old 01-15-2005, 04:21 PM
mzack

If you want to ride together I have a truck and can fit 5 or 6. Or I may see you there.
Old 01-15-2005, 05:54 PM
zlessnomore

Mike did you get the car show kit from Zaino? I like what the leather cleaner and finsh does for the seats. Have you tried it yet, the tire treatment is very good aswell.
Old 01-15-2005, 06:25 PM
mdacko

zless do you have pics installed??

what does the kit come with, do you have a link to what you bought? i would be interested if the price was lower.

mike, check back tomorrow on the ride situation - chris is working on a co-worker of mines car, so it depends on if we get it done in a decent amount of time.

ok off to the bar!
Old 01-16-2005, 06:57 AM
zlessnomore

well i sent terry a e-mail asking if he had a kit that fit the samco hoses he called me back and said yes than he emailed me pics and told me about the z logo caps. he also told me they dropped the prices and to either paypal him or int money order him. so i did nad am waiting to get them in. will post when i get the tops and smaller hoses mounted next week i hope!!!
Old 01-16-2005, 11:31 AM
Spartan1510

I had a once in a lifetime chance to attend the autoshow preview on Friday. Rocked! A few of my favorites.....Shelby GR1, Chrysler Firepower (and I refuse to type the exclamation point), Dodge Viper Coupe, and the tuned Ford Mustangs. Great show. I didn't get to see all of it, so another trip is necessary.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:45 AM
mdacko

i dont think i can make it today, i think im going to go next week sometime. its too cold to leave the house

Zless how many parts did your kit come with minus the caps?

their website is really confusing as to what comes with what kit and where stuff goes
Old 01-16-2005, 12:47 PM
zlessnomore

all hose fittings except for the lower rad hose witch no one sees anyway. so i am a thinking it will cover all the samco stuff and than the jug caps

Quick Reply: Detroit Area Z List part 3