Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2003, 05:52 PM
CelticPride2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Props to Bancroft Nissan

If you're shopping for a 350Z in Central Massachusetts, I highly reccommend Bancroft Nissan in Worcester. I made the purchase through their internet sales manager...he was completely upfront with me and more than willing to work off of invoice. When all the dust settled, I was able to get my Z for well below MSRP, plus free oil changes for the life of the vehicle!

My search for a new Z also took me to Marlborough Nissan...where I easily had the worst sales experience of my life. To be fair, I have some friends who've gotten good deals there on other Nissans, but my experience was horrendous. They told me straight up that they're only selling at MSRP and wouldn't consider any negotiating with me...which was pretty amazing when you consider that they had nine Z's sitting on the lot! To top it all off, they wanted me to give them a $500 deposit just to look for a Z with the options I want! When I asked them why I'd do something that ridiculous, they told me they weren't going to go to the trouble of trucking in a Z with the options I want if I wasn't going to buy it. At that point I walked out...apparently it never occurred to them that just looking up a Z doesn't obligate them to truck it cross country

--CP2
Super Black Enthusiast, 5-speed auto...tunes by iPod
Old 07-16-2003, 05:52 AM
BigBadBuford

I bought my Z at Faulkner Nissan in Harrisburg, PA. The sales experience was good, didn't get screwed around with extra fees, their service guy came in on a Saturday afternoon to prep my car so I could have it for the weekend, and it was a hassle free experience. The Service department gives me mixed feelings though. I had my 240SX serviced there and they installed the front and rear main seals improperly and forgot to fasten the plastic tray under the motor and that ended up being destroyed. I also saw them revving my motor off the rev limiter and peeling out in their parking lot. I had them service my Z a few times also, I haven't had problems but they are usually VERY slow, most times it is a 2 day deal, even for little stuff, but they gave me a free rental car both times.
For service I prefer Brenner Nissan on the Carslile Pike, I took my 240SX here for the most part and had the Z here once and I have never had a complaint, work was done on time and correctly. The only time the car wasn't done on time was when I had the painless dent removal performed, but this is done by an outside vendor so it wasn't really their problem.
Other shops in the area I recommend are M&S Auto in Hummelstown, PA (ask for Dave) and Shelby Automotive in Hershey, PA. Shelby can do custom mandrel bent exhausts, he did exhausts for my brother's 65 Electra and my friends '79 K5 Blazer and the quality is excellent and the price is great (less than $300 for a full custom exhaust).

Last edited by BigBadBuford; 07-16-2003 at 05:55 AM.
Old 07-17-2003, 06:20 AM
stevie

Angry Habberstadt Nissan, Huntington Station LI Bad Customer Service Qualiy

Open Issues:
1) Agreed with sales not to drill the front bumper for the license mount. After the paperwork was signed, we walk out to the shop to start'er up and... The Manager had the tech drill holes in the bumper behind my back?

2) Brought the car in for oil change and complaint on stopping growl and grease streaks... Two days in the shop both front wheels are chewed up (all wheels were new) and now the driver window lift doesn't function.

Discussions with the manager where he told me that I damaged the wheels!! No documentation no nothing!!

Endless calls to Customer Relations yielded similar results:
7/15/03- Called and LM again and asked another agent to have Phillip call me tomorrow morning to discuss my case and bringing the car to another dealer where they can repair or replace the damage caused by Habberstad.
7/11/03- Amber LM on my VM saying that she would call back at 9:00am on Monday. She didn't call so I called and spoke to another agent to understand the status of my case. She indicated that Amber is still awaiting a call back from the Dealer??
7/9/03- Agent said Philip has placed several calls on Monday and Tue without a reply.
7/7/03- LM with Philip on my confusion on how Consumer Affairs works with the dealer in resolving these matters.
7/3/03- LM on Amber's VM after not hearing anything on 7/2.
7/1/03- Amber called home number saying that she is working on fixing both bumper and wheels and will give me a callback on 7/2.
6/30/03- LM for Philip to return my call.
6/26/03- Philip (Amber's Supervisor) called to advise that Amber will be calling on Friday to FUP on the status of my complaint.
6/25/03- LM that Amber hasn't called back since taking the call. I asked for a supervisor and they said that a supervisor will call back within 48 hours.
6/20/03- LM
6/18/03- Called Amber to FUP and LM.
6/13/03- Called in complaint to Nissan Consumer Affairs Ref #4165138 Agent: Amber McClain X3856. Also complained about drilling the front bumper damage. She will call the dealer 3/16/03 and then call me back with the results on 3/17/03.
Old 07-18-2003, 12:28 PM
alrosal

Thumbs up White Marsh

Carmax in White Marsh, MD sells new Nissans. No Haggle price was about $1700 under MSRP for a SuperBlack Performance.
Old 07-23-2003, 06:48 AM
zzoom

Default O'Neil Nissan

Originally posted by tbcz
I highly recommend O'Neil Nissan in Warminster, PA. They are a straight-up dealer. If you're buying a car ask for Stan Dorman.
I am considering leasing an enthusiast under my business name. Walked into O'neil yesterday and they offered me about $100 per month more than sloane or conicelli. Sounds like they are getting a little greedy, no?
Old 07-24-2003, 01:25 AM
mrsnetpro

I love Pine Belt Nissan Pine Belt Nissan in Keyport (just off the parkway). My car arrived 18 days early, and the people there are great to deal with. I will even be able to have my car serviced by the same tech.

I hated World Nissan in Red Bank. When I found out they had recently opened and had allocation slots left I went to talk to them. First they wanted 5K over list for the track model, then when I said no chance, they did the "let me make a phone call" routine and then said "between 1 and 2". So, I couldn't even order one at list. The poor kid who would have been the salesman was probably stunned when I turned around to his boss and said "let me make sure I understand this because you are the deal breaker"....
Old 08-10-2003, 07:44 AM
ndb4g

Default Re: Brown's Arlington NISSAN

Originally posted by drew703
Well Brown's Arlington NISSAN definitely was great with me. If you're in the area and looking for a Z, go talk to the sales manager over there, Patrick Hall. The guy is great, really helpful, and very laid back- no pressuring or sleazy tricks or nothing. Straight and to the point, in and out in about 2 hours, and that was it. Tell him Drew sent you

-drew

'03 DB Performance
I agree, Patrick Hall at Brown's was very cool. He's straightforward and won't give you a run around. And they have impeccable service. If you stop by, tell Pat that Nathan sent you too.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:36 AM
INPHOman

Default HARTE Nissan in central CT

I would recommend HARTE Nissan for any Nissan purchase! I took delivery of the first CT Roadster on August 6th after almost 4 months of extreme anticipation (deposit placed in April). During that time they kept me informed of the ever changing Nissan delivery schedules as well as my moving from 3rd to 1st in line. They always had/made time to satisfy my seemingly never ending inquiries and always offering to let me take another "test-drive" of the coupe to keep my anticipation in check. On the delivery day they took great care to ensure the car was presented above and beyond my expectations. Not only did I pay MSRP but, included were the locking lugnuts AND FREE lifetime oil changes every 3500 miles.

If you live in centrl CT and are in the market for a Nissan, HARTE Nissan is THE only place to go.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:24 PM
Scotty B

I purchased a new redline touring 6sp from Carmax in white Marsh Md. Price was exel. but it had a damaged right front wheel on showroom floor. Salesman wrote up report to have replaced later. Took in for replacement and was told they have a man come in and repair damaged wheels and do not replace them.I said a bought a new car not a damaged one to deaf ears. I will not return to them again. I will go elseware for service! Be carefull what you buy from them!
Old 08-28-2003, 04:03 PM
INPHOman

OK Another plug for HARTE Nissan !!!

I brought my roadster in for it's 1,000 mile checkup and to have my radar detector hotwired in. I also had a bubble in my clear-bra corrected. So I go to pick it up and it's fully detailed as well!! I go in to the service department and get my keys, pull out my wallet and find out "NO CHARGE".

This dealership CANNOT be beat!!!!!
Old 09-03-2003, 09:37 PM
ckny

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well you guys said shop reviews as well:

if you're on long island or in queens i cannot say enough good things about maximum tuning in glen cove. jeff renaldo is the owner and mechanic there, it's a small place but he's awesome. he mostly deals with maximas but he works on any car, he even takes care of my wrangler. he's done countless work on my modified maxima and will be doing all the installs on my z.

the thing that seperates max tuning from your average mechanic or dealership is that jeff cares about your car. he has a gorgeous maxima himself. jeff let's you watch exactly what he's doing to your car so you can see every step of the way and he'll explain to you what he's doing as well. his prices are great and he's down for whatever... he's done at least 15 auto to manual conversions for northeast maxima.org members and people bring their car to him from all over. he swapped a 2k2 6spd tranny into his supercharged 98 maxima

anyway, i don't work for max tuning... i'm just one of many really happy customers that love spreading the word about great customer service. =)

maximumtuning.net
Old 09-08-2003, 09:05 PM
Bevacs

I will tell you to stay away from the Nissan dealership in Morristown, I went there and told the guy I'll take the car off the floor if he took 500 bucks off the sticker price. He came back and said he couldnt do it, what dealership would loose a sale over 500 bucks you gotta be kidding me. I wound up at Somerset Nissan off of 22 eastbound good dealership but my salesman got relocated so cant refer you to any salesman.
Old 09-15-2003, 05:16 PM
rouxeny

Just as a note. Executive Nissan in North Haven is selling a LMS Track which has been the owner's car for the majority of the last year. I'm not sure how many miles are on it and I'm not positive that it's been driven hard, but I would imagine that it hasn't been babied. There are a few NISMO goodies stuck on, namely an exhaust, a shift ****, license plate, possibly an air filter. They're charging an arm and a leg for this very used car. They put the old sticker back on the window and are trying to pass it off as some special NISMO edition.

Also, the roadsters there are marked up by $2000.

That and a dealer who used to work at Executive Acura has shown up there. When I was originally interested in an Acura CL, I met this guy. I eventually lost interest, but he persisted in calling me at home over and over again. I didn't get a good vibe from him and would never ever buy anything from him.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:19 AM
qcrobinson

Do not dare go to Passport Nissan, Alexandria VA. The incompetence is startling.
Old 09-30-2003, 03:26 PM
Neuf350z

Thumbs down for Marlbough Nissan in MA. I bought my Z there last December on a Saturday afternoon and they told me they were having it shipped over from NH, said it was getting loaded on a flatbed that day. After spending 4 hours with them, thinking I'd get the car that day, I left without my Z and was told it would be cleaned, waxed and ready to go on Tuesday.

Tuesday comes and they tell me that the car is still in NH! This is were I go into freak out mode because it's now 4:30pm. I threatened to come down and rip up the paperwork and they suddenly became somewhat responsive. They told me they were sending a guy up there to pick it up and drive it to MA. HELLO!! I THINK NOT! I took another nutty and told them they had to find a flatbed and go get my car because I was on my way there and wasn't leaving the showroom without it. I sat in their showroom until 9:00 and my baby finally showed up on the flatbed. They had to pay a couple of guys OT to stay and wash, wax the car because I refused to leave without it cleaned. After it was up to my standards, I drove off and never returned.

Lots of shady stuff going on at that dealership and a lot of lying.

I've had good luck with Frost Nissan in Newton, MA in terms of the simple oil change, but they suck when it comes to sales. When I was first looking to buy I went to them first and they wanted a $1000 deposit before they even talked to me. I wasn't going to plunk down the cash but they placed me on the call list for the next order that was going to be sent in about a month later. They never called. I called back and the salesman on the phone seemed like he didn't even want to deal with selling a car, so that's when I ended up at Marlborough Nissan.

I'm hearing good things about Natick Nissan so I'm going to try them next for service.

Deb "Neuf"
Old 09-30-2003, 06:26 PM
mb27

You too huh...I bought my Z at marlboro nissan and I agree they suck. I was going to finance through the dealership because they told me that they could beat my rate with USAA. Then when the time came to sign the paperwork the rate shot up to 7.9% !!!!
I told them hold on, I'm going to go back to USAA and go with them. The finance guy then tells me that it's only an extra $XX a month. He also tells me that they gave me $1000 over book value for my trade and that the trade car wasn't worth it! Right so that gives you the right to rape me with finance charges. I told them I would be back the following weekend with MY paperwork from USAA.
Oh if you get any warranty work done with them don't count on a loaner car. I now change my own oil and take the car to Fireside Nissan for any other work.
Old 09-30-2003, 06:35 PM
CelticPride2

CelticPride2 Wrote:
My search for a new Z also took me to Marlborough Nissan...where I easily had the worst sales experience of my life.
Neuf350Z Wrote:
Thumbs down for Marlbough Nissan in MA
mb27 Wrote:
You too huh...I bought my Z at marlboro nissan and I agree they suck.
Three Marlborough Nissan reviews, three big sets of thumbs down...well at least they're consistent

Last edited by CelticPride2; 09-30-2003 at 06:53 PM.
Old 10-04-2003, 12:42 PM
2003z33

Default Victory Nissan, Chesapeake VA

SUCKS!! They will blame it on aftermarket parts or how you drive. They got there heads stuck up there a--. Ive talked to X techs and X service reps and they say the same thing. Go to Hall Nissan Virginia Beach..total customer satisfaction!!!!!...Forget Victory Nissan..

Last edited by 2003z33; 10-26-2003 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-05-2003, 12:19 PM
kbomb

Default Carmax Whitemarsh in MD

THUMBS DOWN to Passport Nissan Marlow Heights. talked to salesguy on the phone and laid out the price CARMAX was giving me. explained can he beat it and his reply was to come in. came in nex day 930 am and test drove the car. had my bro tried it too. Then the game was on. Everything you've read is all true here. Sure he was very courteous but everything is shame. I was looking to get a 2004 Base. Price ballooned up to 32K. So nice of him to reduce to to 29K. then after my 6k downpayment, the price was only 23K. This is without destination+tags+title.
Offered 26K and got a big X on my offer from finance guy. Kept going on how Carmax is not fully equipped dealer and service.
Finally after 10+ minutes of him yapping.. left without resorting to drastic actions.

Went to Carmax, saw the no haggle price and model I want. car had only 5mi on it. I added all the rest way home. the salesman was alright. His lucky day that I came in. DONT buy extended warranty!!! can buy later anytime.

Going to come in friday to fix my bumper with the lisc plate holes.
Never asked them to put it on so we'll see.
Old 10-06-2003, 09:11 PM
bfleming

Default Woodbury Nissan

Had a good experience with Woodbury Nissan - both purchase and service. They were timely, found the model I wanted, threw in the service manual CD, sold the car for MSRP with no added BS and the service has been great. They seem to know their stuff. Ask for Mike Bartley.

Quick Reply: Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast