Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 11:01 AM
dantez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Bob Sharp Nissan, Wilton CT

Bob Sharp Nissan is a mixed bag. Dale Thompson was one of the most helpful sales men I've ever met. Anything you need call him first. The financing department was a nightmare. They try to add on every little extra expense in the book. Make sure you know what your signing. But all and all I'm happy with my purchase 2004 SB 350Z with 10k miles for $20k.

Last edited by dantez; 06-02-2006 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:04 AM
dantez

Thumbs down The Shop, Norwalk CT

I was told that "the Shop" was the best mechanic in the state as far as speed shops go. Let's just say that for a gas leak on my 300ZX I got taken for a grand. The day after I got it back I found the actual gas leak had been the regulator not the gas tank and fixed it myself. Nothing like cleaning some punk mechanics cigs out of your engine bay. I've never been back and never will again.

Last edited by dantez; 06-02-2006 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:07 AM
dantez

Thumbs up Lawson Transmissions, Ocean City NY

Marty was the best mechanic I've ever went to. I usually do work on my cars myself but certain things I'd rather not mess with. He fixed the Trannie on my 300ZX quickly and for the price he quoted. No complaints, straight business.

Last edited by dantez; 06-02-2006 at 11:44 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:11 AM
dantez

Exclamation Pruven Proformance, Milford CT

I have never been to this place myself but I figured I'd warn you about some of the horrors I've heard from this place. A friend of mine had a turbo stolen from the trunk of his car. It was just sitting in a box the trunk, while he was having the motor redone on his supra. Another kid just had his motor destroyed on his SRT-4 when they "accidently" ran the boost up to 31psi. Just a warning to everyone to cautious of a speed shop that had to file bankrupcy. None of this has been my own expierence. Just a warning.

Last edited by dantez; 06-02-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:19 PM
ajames

I bought my Z from West Hills Nissan just outside Pittsburgh... awesome. Really aggressive on price, and all of my dealing was over the phone because I am 2 hours away. Faxed me window sticker... everything long-distance. Nice prep, etc.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:33 PM
GMZ

Thumbs up Hall Nissan Chesapeake Va

Hall Nissan in Chesapeake is great! John (USN HM 350) referred me to them. I took my Z there for the Fuel recall and axle clicking. All covered under warranty no problems whatsoever. Rick Stokes was my service guy and he was awesome! Called me about 4 times during the day and a half my Z was there with updates. No erroneous milages or anything. While I waited for courtesy shuttle I was approached like 4 times and asked if I needed anything. Hope the Toyota dealer across the street from me is like that!
Now Victory Nissan also in Chesapeake is somewhat different. Ive never went there for anything but parts but I dont get a good feeling there. The parts folks yap on their personal cells while I stand waiting for parts. Was like that when I went there 2 years ago for parts also.
The Mossy dealers in San Diego gave me great service also.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:43 PM
helldorado

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Van Meter Auto - Mantua, NJ

General repair shop, but ext. The owner Keith Van Meter, is a Nissan Master Tech. IIRC, he was the Master Tech at Woodbury Nissan, then went to Holman Infiniti until opening up his own shop. They've done a lot of my mods, very clean shop and well run. The work is always top notch. Keith, Jerry and Zach are all Nissan guys and do excellent work. As an alternative to the dealer for all non-warranty work, these guys are worth going to.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=vanmet...31648632856279
Old 08-19-2006, 02:48 PM
zgames

Default Southern Westchester, NY

I'm in the process of shopping for an 06 Enthusiast. I have been to three dealerships in the past week, and have been disappointed by them all. I went first to Central Avenue Nissan in Yonkers. The sales women knew nothing of the Z. She thought it was a 5-speed and could not show me how to use the navigation. Half way through our talks they demanded a deposit, "to show how serious I am about making a purchase". Second, I went to White Plains Nissan. They told me if that I don't make the purchase in a few days I would lose it to another buyer. Today I went to Premium Nissan in New Rochelle. They said they had no Z's in stock and could not help me.

This is my first time buying a new car, and the process has been frustrating. I am not stupid and can see through their "tactics". The quality of customer service at these places is appalling. I left each place with a negative feeling.

If any of you could recommend a dealer it will be much appreciated. Nissan City of Port Chester is my next stop. The woman I spoke to seemed very kind, and hopefully she will be able to help me. I'll keep you guys updated. I want my Z

Last edited by zgames; 08-19-2006 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:58 AM
zgames

Hey, wanted to give an update on my search. I've been to two more dealers since my last post.

Action Nissan in Nyack - Dealt with an older gentleman, who was very straight foward. However, his asking price was $1,000 more than the previous dealers I've been to. He also claimed that there was only one Z in the North East that met my specifications; in Maine

Nissan City of Port Chester - Went here last night after work. He claims he will charge $500 over the Kelly Blue Book invoice price. The salesman was pleasant and it was a better experience than other dealers. I had my trade in car appraised, and he will get back to me this week with a price. He claims that the gentleman who appraised it would be giving me a low price. He is going to talk with his GM to see if he can give me a better price for it.

So I have my fingers crossed, that they can locate the car I want and give me a fair price for my trade in.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:00 PM
zgames

Put my deposit down on an 06 MT Touring today at Nissan City in Port Chester. They gave me the best price for my trade in and for the Z. Dealt with Manny, who was informative and treated me with respect. Can't wait to drive it home
Old 09-01-2006, 07:12 AM
jtabraham

Default Bancroft Nissan - Worcester/Auburn MA

Extremely bad sales experience here. Went to the showroom to take a look at a PPW base coupe I saw online. Sales guy i talked to had absolutely NO clue about anything he was saying about the car.

I asked if i could test drive it, and he said "no, since it's used and mileage sensitive, bring your trade-in, and you can take it for a spin." I didn't think much of it, so I came back the next week with my stealth I was looking to trade in. The KBB of my stealth was $3000...they offered me $700 for it (ended up selling it on craigslist instead).

The sales guy made me wait for 45 minutes knowing i just wanted to test drive the car (haven never driven a Z before). After the entire wait, he just said, it's drizzling, so you can't drive it (it hadn't been raining for 3 hours!).

Maybe he thought i was a kid just looking for a test drive, instead of an engineer actually wanting a Z....in any case, Bancroft will never see my business.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:22 AM
jtabraham

Default Marlboro Nissan - Marlboro MA

Mixed experience here:

I bought my 03 Enthusiast from Marlboro Nissan in 06/06. I know all the previous reviews of this dealership have been negative, but those were posted a couple years ago, so maybe things have changed a little since then.

My sales guy was a young guy named Todd W. (a lot of Todds there, so if you want to talk to him, call him todd w.). Excellent sales experience...there aren't too many Z's in inventory up in MA dealers, so i gave him what i wanted, and he would give me a call anytime he saw something come in, or saw a car at a nearby dealer. I never felt any pressure from him, he was well informed on the car, and if I ever had a question he didn't know the answer to, he would find out the answer and get back to me. Got me a great deal on my car, and i was very happy with the overall sales experience.

...here comes the twist though: Within a few minutes of driving off the lot, the check engine light came one. They said it was no problem...probably just because they replaced the clutch. I went to get it inspected, and the car failed emissions and saftey (because the tint was too dark). Took it back to the dealership, and they ended up keeping it for 3 weeks! Finally had to call the Nissan engineers to realize they put the flywheel in slightly off.

HOWEVER...for my inconvience Todd offered to pay my first monthly payment, and told me to retint my windows wherever i wanted, and they reimbursed me.

Good SALES experience overall, but dealt with some bad luck.
Old 09-01-2006, 07:25 AM
jtabraham

Default Glick Nissan - Westborough, MA

I've had no experience at this dealership since they didn't have a Z in stock i was interested in. However, my cousin bought a pathfinder there, and another bought a Quest. Both said it was the best dealer they've ever dealt with (both in terms of sales and service).
Old 09-01-2006, 11:24 AM
CelticPride2

^^^Ouch...sorry to hear about your experience with the guys at Bancroft. My family has bought 4 Nissans there over the past 10 years (my Z included), and we've had no problems with them at all. Sounds like you got the worst sales rep in the place...every dealership has one.

My quick hits on central MA Nissan dealers:

Marlborough Nissan: Worst dealership I've ever been to...salesman didn't know his @ss from his elbow, wouldn't consider any price below MSRP, and they wanted me to put down a $500 deposit before they would even look for a Z fitting my specifications. Walked out and never went back. My father had a lousy experience with them too...they settled on a price for a new Maxima over the phone (after a week or so of haggling), and then when he went down there to seal the deal they reneged and demanded more money. End of story.

Glick Nissan (Westborough): I don't know much about these guys (didn't shop there), but a few other people I know who bought cars there told me they wouldn't go back there for their next one.

Bancroft Nissan: Good experiences all around...sales rep was knowledgable, and they were totally willing to haggle. Service department has been fine thus far. I get my oil changes done there (free for life as part of the deal), but other than that, I only go there for warranty work (any other kind of dealer service is way too expensive in general). They took care of the dreaded fuel hose recall for me without incident.

Ron Bouchard Nissan (Fitchburg): Of all the dealerships I went to, I actually thought this one was the best. Experience there was similar to my experience at Bancroft, except they were much more willing to haggle with me. The only reason I didn't buy my Z from them was geography...Fitchburg's just far enough away from me to make regular trips there for service a hassle.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:34 AM
jtabraham

Yeah, i think my biggest thing i have against any sales guy is when they don't know what their talking about. Now I don't expect them to have an advanced technical knowledge, but they're trying to sell a product and the least they can do is be knowledgeable about it. If you can't tell a customer what the differences are between different trim levels, you need to do some more research. The guys i've seen with the most knowledge, or at least honesty are the ones I respect the most.

Like you said, I probably got the worst sales guy at Bancroft. I was however blown away by their facilities...it was like a Nissan dealership you would see on a commercial.
Old 09-01-2006, 01:16 PM
CelticPride2

Originally Posted by jtabraham
Like you said, I probably got the worst sales guy at Bancroft. I was however blown away by their facilities...it was like a Nissan dealership you would see on a commercial.
The building they're in right now is brand-new; they moved there early last year. Their old facility in downtown Worcester (near the library) was nowhere near as nice as that one.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:12 AM
zgames

Unhappy Nissan City of Port Chester

It's been a week since I put my deposit down on an 06 Touring. They have yet to secure the car for me. The one lead they had was in NJ, but that car was promised to someone else. I will give them to the end of next week to find the car, hopefully something will turn up. If not I will retract my deposit and wait for an 07. I'm pretty disappointed that I can not get my hands on an 06. Oh well, they say patience is a virtue.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:35 AM
zgames

Default Finally

After weeks of searching I'm finally picking up my MB '06 Touring tonight, can't wait.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:29 AM
Kabs

Thumbs down 46 Nissan Totowa

At first I gave them a good review. But I went back there 3 days ago to get an oil change and a rattle fix.

I dropped off my car at 8am and it was not ready till 3pm. Thats right... only for an oil change and a rattle fix. Before I handed over my keys I selected my B milage and zero'd it out to see if they take my car on any joy rides. Also checked the level of my gas (was 1/2 full)

After I got my car back all the Trip Meters were zero'd out. My gas tank was 1/4 full. I asked them what the hell they did for all those miles and they said they had to isolate the rattle and fix it. To fix the rattle they had to take apart my dash and disconnect my rado, which caused them to reset the trip meters.... BULL CRAP! Then my carpet and seat were full of tiny pieces of styrofoam.

Before this I went to get some warranty work done. I have the classic window problem. When I close it, it opens up 1/3 of the way. They would not fix it due to it being a ADJUSTMENT and Adjustment Warranty is only for 12 months.

Long story short, they wasted 1/4 of my gas, tried to hide it, and it took them 7 hours to fix a damn rattle and change my oil.

Big thumbs down to them. Ohhhh and the kicker is at the end they asked me to fill out a survey when it arrives at my house and give them excellent ratings. Oooh I sure will give them an excellent rating!
Old 10-17-2006, 12:33 PM
in8flo

Recently bought my 2003 touring from Lynne's Nissan in Bloomfield, NJ. I was taken very good care of. When they noted some cosmetic flaws that I had not seen they offered to correct them. Jim who is the GM of the store told me take the car for a couple of weeks and bring it back with a list of any concerns that I had and they would fix it all at once. They did exactly that. Not only did they fix the paint problems but the resprayed the hatch because of a couple of bad scratches that I had resign myslef to being the down side of buying a used car.

We also bought our 2005 G35X from their Infiniti store and had a great experience there too!

Quick Reply: Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast