Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 05:53 PM
sekret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bruce Bennett Nissan located on the Wilton / Ridgefield, CT border.

absolutely awesome.

2007 350z 6spd base

quick with getting my deposit all set, found me a lower insurance rates when he thought mine were too much, awesome finance manager, professional, will do business many times more in the future.
Old 05-15-2008, 11:48 AM
halcyon901

Meadowlands Nissan (Hasbrouk Heights - RT. 17S) I might have spelled the town name wrong. Anyway, bought my 2003 350Z Touring, MT (28K miles) on 10/31/07. Sales team was alright, they came down from a list price of 23K to 18K even. The manager was quite friendly, salesperson (Paul, no longer works there) was ok. However, the finance department was a little difficult in negotiating a finance deal.

The worst part was the service department. Absolutely unbearable, had to wait 2 months for my transmission to come in. When transmission/clutch installed, they forgot to reconnect my stereo. Also, was told the car would be ready on a certain date, but had to wait an extra 3 days for it to be ready. Totally unreliable!!! And the express oil change? Waited about about 1.5 hours for them to finish.

As an aside, my friend had a maxima, and he serviced his car at Bergenfield Nissan. They seem to run a tight ship over there.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:56 AM
djboz610

Is there anyone out there that can recomend a good reliable & reputable shop to install headers and an exhaust on my '04 350 in the Westchester NY area? I dont trust bringing it to just any schmoe and the Nissan dealer that I purchased it from wont do it (Oh and by the way White Plains Nissan in New York has the worst service I've ever experienced. Rude, lie, and they have no clue what they're talking about)
Old 06-02-2008, 02:11 PM
Lotus Man

Can anyone recommend a reputable Nissan dealer around the Wellesley, MA area? Thanks!

-Will
Old 06-03-2008, 12:16 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by djboz610
Is there anyone out there that can recomend a good reliable & reputable shop to install headers and an exhaust on my '04 350 in the Westchester NY area? I dont trust bringing it to just any schmoe and the Nissan dealer that I purchased it from wont do it (Oh and by the way White Plains Nissan in New York has the worst service I've ever experienced. Rude, lie, and they have no clue what they're talking about)
Scrap the headers and u can have anyone with a wrench really install the exhaust and or any other bolt on... Headers are the biggest PITA with the lowest gains for price and time wasted..
Old 06-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Mr.

Thumbs down

Central Collision in Long Island City did a horrible job of painting my front bumper/filling in the emblem indentation. Drips in several locations, a couple of blemishes, and the filler wasn't sanded flush in a spot. I went there after a friend recommended them. Never again. I don't trust them to be able to fix their mistakes, so I'm going to deal with it until I have enough to get it redone somewhere else.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:30 AM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

Thumbs down Warning: Prestige Autobody; Fort Lee, NJ. Stay Away, Far Away.

Absolute worst body shop I've ever gotten involved with. Only thing the owner (Charlie) is good for is scamming.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:42 PM
blacksl3ek

I agree with the review on both Cherry Hill Nissan and Classic Nissan, Your review hit the nail righ ton the head. Cherry Hill nissan is the worst... Its just a game of strictly money with them. I felt as though simply because i wasnt purchasing a car and my car was 3 years old (@the time) that i was a second class customer. Well F them ill find someone else to replace my window motor.
Old 07-10-2008, 07:36 AM
cosmec

Looking for a shop to install springs/rear camber kit/align the car within driving distance from NYC. PM me please!
Old 07-10-2008, 08:33 AM
ErinFaulk

Originally Posted by 350zna
Exton nissan is my local dealer and it is a really friendly place...one of the guys there has a nasty looking ppw stillen SC Z with a sexy interior.
They might be friendly, but they are full of ****.

We all know that there was a issues with the rear axles clicking, well they wanted to tell me that it was my aftermarket brake pads "hawks".

I told them they are full of ****, lol. Basically I wont be going back to them.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:21 AM
burstduck

Just had a clear bra installed by Clear Image in Paramus, NJ. Am super-impressed. Called a couple places in north jersey and NY before settling on him. I was a little nervous about how it'd come out, but it looks amazing, no bubbles or imperfections to be seen. Owner (Nelson? Nielson?) was very friendly and helpful, liked him a lot and would def do business w/ him again.
His contact info-
www.clearbrayourcar.com
973-207-7000
Old 08-01-2008, 10:42 AM
east1999bt

I recently went to Auto Creations in Raritan, NJ, www.auto-creations.net

DO NOT GO THERE. I had a catback exhaust to put on my car, which quoted for $130 and $200 if the hangers don't fit. (they do fit)

anyways they ended up taking 4 hours to do it and didn't even put one of the damn hangers in and i had to get that done elsewhere because the hanger needed to be bent a little bit. they ended up charging me $225 for it and they said "we're giving you a DISCOUNT"... i was like wtf... The mechanic wasn't even working on my stuff the whole time. He was taking breaks, pickin his nose, scratching his ***, etc, etc...

The shop was small, unprofessional, and small. They do tints mostly, and some audio install. Do not go there for anything else, in fact I wouldn't even go there for audio installs. The 2 other customers that were there while I was waiting was a stock acura legend getting 2 subs put in, and this older white guy (55+) who drove some red Plymouth and came in to berate his head unit because he didn't know how to change the time on it.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:55 AM
halcyon901

Originally Posted by east1999bt
I recently went to Auto Creations in Raritan, NJ, www.auto-creations.net

DO NOT GO THERE. I had a catback exhaust to put on my car, which quoted for $130 and $200 if the hangers don't fit. (they do fit)

anyways they ended up taking 4 hours to do it and didn't even put one of the damn hangers in and i had to get that done elsewhere because the hanger needed to be bent a little bit. they ended up charging me $225 for it and they said "we're giving you a DISCOUNT"... i was like wtf... The mechanic wasn't even working on my stuff the whole time. He was taking breaks, pickin his nose, scratching his ***, etc, etc...

The shop was small, unprofessional, and small. They do tints mostly, and some audio install. Do not go there for anything else, in fact I wouldn't even go there for audio installs. The 2 other customers that were there while I was waiting was a stock acura legend getting 2 subs put in, and this older white guy (55+) who drove some red Plymouth and came in to berate his head unit because he didn't know how to change the time on it.
Hey, sorry to hear about all your problems over there. I had my exhaust installed a couple of weeks ago at MRC Racing in Spotswood. I think its pretty close to Raritan. Anyway, they charged $80/hour for install, and i got my spacer and exhaust installed in 1.5 hours for $130 ($10 more because my car didnt have the correct bracket/hanger for the install). they probably could've done everything in one hour, but the y-pipe wasnt matching up with my cats perfectly. Service was great, and the technician that did the installation was very friendly and informative.

Sorry to sound like im plugging them, but the shop does a lot of other stuff (brakes/turbos/etc...). just look them up on the search function or google MRC racing.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:09 AM
east1999bt

Originally Posted by halcyon901
Hey, sorry to hear about all your problems over there. I had my exhaust installed a couple of weeks ago at MRC Racing in Spotswood. I think its pretty close to Raritan. Anyway, they charged $80/hour for install, and i got my spacer and exhaust installed in 1.5 hours for $130 ($10 more because my car didnt have the correct bracket/hanger for the install). they probably could've done everything in one hour, but the y-pipe wasnt matching up with my cats perfectly. Service was great, and the technician that did the installation was very friendly and informative.

Sorry to sound like im plugging them, but the shop does a lot of other stuff (brakes/turbos/etc...). just look them up on the search function or google MRC racing.
yea I should've went to MRC or in fact the local meinike that fixed the hanger for me could've done it without problems. just as a heads up to the other forum members here, don't go to auto creations. i only went because i found some thread on here with a good review for them, but after going there it was a different story.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:16 PM
RockerNJ

Default Rt 46 Nissan Totowa, NJ

I have nothing but good things to say about this dealers service department. Worked with a guy named Mark A. He was professional, courteous, and went out of his way to make everything work out.

Nissan of Denville on Rt 10 on the other hand gets 2 thumbs down for both Sales and Service. When I went to lease a Z, they came back with some absolute garbage numbers (my credit rating is over 800). I told them that I knew what the numbers should be, and to stop trying to jack the money factor and residual on the back end, and bring me some better numbers. They tried to stick to their story of "those are the numbers, we cant change them"...pfft!

Then service refused to do a consumption test and tried to tell me that burning 1.5 quarts of oil every 1000 miles was a normal thing.

Also have to give a thumbs up to Lynnes Nissan West on Rt 206 in Stanhope. After the nonsense at Nissan of Denville, this dealer really went out of their way to find me the Z I was looking for (package, trans, color, interior, etc). Unfortunately, the only 3 left on the entire east coast were 1 in Maine and 2 in North Carolina. Freighting it was just too expensive, so they instead hooked me up with contact info for the dealer in NC. I called, worked the deal over the phone and flew down to pick up the car.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:20 AM
CyberZeke

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RockerNJ
I have nothing but good things to say about this dealers service department. Worked with a guy named Mark A. He was professional, courteous, and went out of his way to make everything work out.

Nissan of Denville on Rt 10 on the other hand gets 2 thumbs down for both Sales and Service. When I went to lease a Z, they came back with some absolute garbage numbers (my credit rating is over 800). I told them that I knew what the numbers should be, and to stop trying to jack the money factor and residual on the back end, and bring me some better numbers. They tried to stick to their story of "those are the numbers, we cant change them"...pfft!

Then service refused to do a consumption test and tried to tell me that burning 1.5 quarts of oil every 1000 miles was a normal thing.

Also have to give a thumbs up to Lynnes Nissan West on Rt 206 in Stanhope. After the nonsense at Nissan of Denville, this dealer really went out of their way to find me the Z I was looking for (package, trans, color, interior, etc). Unfortunately, the only 3 left on the entire east coast were 1 in Maine and 2 in North Carolina. Freighting it was just too expensive, so they instead hooked me up with contact info for the dealer in NC. I called, worked the deal over the phone and flew down to pick up the car.

I bought my Z at Nissan 46 in Dec/07. I had heard a few horror stories about their service dept and didn't expect to ever go back. Some minor warranty work brought me back and every time I was ready for a fight... and every time they have not only done what they were supposed to, they were outright easy to deal with.

Last week I got a set of NISMO rims and went to someone to have them installed and they didn't have the right equipment, well, I called around and couldn't find anyone who would do it, so reluctantly I called Nissan46. They told me to bring the car right over and they would do it. They took care of me right away, no fuss, no trouble. Starting to make it hard for me to hate dealers. Another hobby gone... Damn..
Old 08-27-2008, 02:01 PM
SRTtoZ

Newburgh Nissan in Newburgh, NY (Hudson Valley) was the best car buyign experience ever.

I was debating an 07 STi or an 07 Z. The subaru people gave me a horrible trade in on my SRT-4, they hid the trade in amount on the paperwork (never wrote it in and wouldnt tell me straight up) and all this other crap back and fourth.

Went to Newburgh Nissan had all the paperwork drawn up in front of me, gave me every little detailed price that I needed, worked the price around for me with NO hassle, gave me an amazing trade in on my SRT-4 for 15k (I owned 13 on it). I was in and out in about 1 hour and they had my Solar Orange on order that day.

They tried to get me a Daytona Blue but had no luck...they called me and kept me informed all the time.

The sales*woman* Krystal is hot and nice.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:48 PM
rivas83

Whats the best shop to take your Z in NEW JERSEY to get the whole car painted with a body kit? PLEASE LIST THE SHOPS AND LOCATION. I got 10K, so I want the best job done obviously. Please help me fellow Z members

And how much do you guys think it would cost me to get this type of job done, any rough estimates?
Old 09-29-2008, 08:37 AM
JDMFairlady21

Originally Posted by rivas83
Whats the best shop to take your Z in NEW JERSEY to get the whole car painted with a body kit? PLEASE LIST THE SHOPS AND LOCATION. I got 10K, so I want the best job done obviously. Please help me fellow Z members

And how much do you guys think it would cost me to get this type of job done, any rough estimates?
sent you a pm eventho its in NY.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:28 PM
MB33

anyone can recommend a dealer in long island trying to find a used z

Quick Reply: Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast