Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:48 AM
konrad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Infiniti of Massapequa Nightmare/stuff stolen

SO this will be a long read but its a warning for every one not to go to that Dealership.
I took my car there for a broken diffential.

I get the first call the representative GENA " your car is too low because you have aftermarket warranty and we cant fix it under warranty" my response was " wow that’s weird because its OEM suspension".

Second call Gina calls again 2 days later " the mechanic said that the differential was opened before and the silicone is not layer as it would be from the factory" my response was " wow that’s weird because no one ever opened the differential" so she tells me it will cost me close to $1300 to fix it " or you can pay the mechanic $500 on the side and he can do it on his own time" . So i asked if in the future any one would give me problems that the differential was opened her response was" he will use oem parts". AT this moment i told her i would like to get it fixed under warranty because no one opened the differential and that if worse comes to worse i can pay the mechanic.

I get a third call two days later " we are overnight parts for you and the car will be ready tomorrow and its getting covered under warranty"

Next day comes no one calls, my car is still not fixed...
I get a call on Tuesday 4 days after my car was supposed to be ready, that i can pick up my car.

I drive out 40miles , I get there 30min before closing, returned their loaned and pick up my car.
I drove my car for about 3.2miles and it choked and never started again, in the middle of a busy intersection on Sunrise Highway.

Now at this moment the car is at the dealership for about 3 weeks now.....

I get a call from one of the managers Chuddy or whet ever his name is " your system caused the alternator to fail because we cant start the car" so i tell him that the battery is dead coz i tried starting the car for 20 min and it was just cranking and not starting. He tells me that they will call me back.

I don’t get any calls for 5 days. So i decide to call and ask what’s up. The manager tells me that they don’t know and they waiting for their mechanic but he took days of for Thanksgiving Holliday.

I get a call from Frank the service manager, the guy in charge...." your aftermarket stereo caused a short and burned out the ECM it will cost you $1400 for a new ecm, $300 for fixing the short and $300 to reprogram the new ECM." I tell him i will find a used ECM and if they can use it ... so he tells me to bring him the vin of the ECM and they will check.
I spoke to Frank and asked if they know where the short is , they don’t know... I asked if they can give me proof that the radio caused the problem they say no we can’t. ( with the proof i would have got the shop that installed the radio to pay for the damage)
So i tell him that if he cant prove he has no reason to deny warranty. He tells me that they will not fix anything for me.
I called Infiniti consumer affairs , explained everything , I went to Massapequa picked and called for a tow truck to take it somewhere else.

NOW HERE IS THE PART WHERE IT GETS BAD

I open my car, which was at the dealership for a month now , the battery is dead. I look inside and I see all my stuff from my glove compartment and the upper cubby on the floor, my custom fabricated shift know is missing, my clarion equalized that I paid $150 is missing, my Pioneer 4 channel amp from the trunk is missing, all my carpets are ripped out from the trunk. My calculator is missing, I look outside the car my Carbon fiber hood has about a 12" crack on it, I got scratches on the rear bumper, passenger door and handle, I got scratches on my rear quarter panel , my hood is not closing coz the hinge is bent , the hood dampener is cracked and is not holding.
I went inside and complained they just shrugged their shoulders and said they don’t know anything. When I was about to leave Frank came out running with a camera taking pictures of my "Modifications" on the car... which is exhaust and an aftermarket radio.

Towed the car to Kings Infiniti , Paid $120 for diagnostics and $400 to get my car fixed, turns out there was a short coming from the MAF sensor, coz someone installed it upside down and the wires got pined against the engine....... THE WHOLE TIME MY CAR HAD A STOCK INTAKE BOX AND THE WIRES WERE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE ENGINE TO GET PINED............

SO INFINITI OF MASAPEQUA , STALL STUFF FROM MY CAR, DID OUTSIDE DAMADGE, AND INSTALLED THE MAF SENSOR UNSPIDE DOWN , ALL BECAUSE THEY WANTED TO GET MONEY OUT OF ME, THERE WAS NO SHORT CAUSED BY THE RADIO AND MY ECM IS JUST FINE
Old 12-16-2008, 10:19 AM
Cux350z
hatersgonnahate

Received 956 Likes on 721 Posts

so what are you doing about all the damage to your ride?
Old 12-16-2008, 10:48 AM
matix101vz

wowwwww ... that really gets me mad ... i hope everything works out ... call up the insurance company about the stolen item ... i live on long island too and will def never be going there
Old 12-16-2008, 11:01 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Feeking horrible. Sorry to hear about your misfortune...
Old 12-16-2008, 11:14 AM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

damn shame, should of tried to talk to 'da mayor'
Old 12-16-2008, 11:16 AM
SniperHunter

Wow. What pieces of ****. I have a friend that works as a sales manager there, if you'd like me to point this out to him, I will.

Edit: Yes, as mentioned, it's da mayor.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:03 PM
NismoZ350

Man, that just pisses me off. Sorry for your trouble man, I would have flipped out.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:16 PM
konrad

Originally Posted by Arnold K.
Wow. What pieces of ****. I have a friend that works as a sales manager there, if you'd like me to point this out to him, I will.

Edit: Yes, as mentioned, it's da mayor.
i know kenny ( da mayor) and hes in sales and i dont wan him to get involved anyway
Old 12-16-2008, 02:15 PM
matix101vz

...u were def way calmer then i would have been too
Old 12-16-2008, 02:42 PM
OMEGA46

I would have never picked up my car and demanded to have someone from Infiniti come down and check out my car. I would also report the jumps in stories as well as the time taken to call back with an answer..
Old 12-16-2008, 03:11 PM
trodis
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by OMEGA46
I would have never picked up my car and demanded to have someone from Infiniti come down and check out my car. I would also report the jumps in stories as well as the time taken to call back with an answer..
+1

and taken pics of all the damage. Get lawyer involved and never ever take your car anywhere arpund there.

Shady dealerships FTL
Old 12-16-2008, 04:25 PM
Dozzi94

Call the BBB.

Tell them that Infiniti of Massapequa does not do Better Business.

Bureau.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:51 PM
kihun

dude.. ****.. Go on Google. Search for their dealership name. write a damn review..
Old 12-16-2008, 10:37 PM
chopperman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have experience with ATX Motorsports in NJ

Since MRC is gone I need someone to tune the F con. Julian recommended me to ATX motorsports in NJ. I have sent them an email asking if they ever tuned Z's so I am waiting on a response. Just wondering what you guys think of them.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:41 AM
Kwame

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

https://my350z.com/forum/tuning/4038...torsports.html
Old 12-17-2008, 07:41 AM
dexwtzrllygud

theyre pretty good when it comes to mitsubishi evos, eclipses n stuff.. i seen about 2 or 3 z's there i dont think its the best place tho.. theyre is a place in long island called wings i believe that specializes on z's ill find out the contact and post up here for u
Old 12-17-2008, 10:52 AM
chrisjersey06

I did business with them a few times back in my DSM days and they are good guys who do good work. As far as a Z specific shop I have no comment, as I haven't been there in quite some time.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:24 AM
SirMikel1

chopperman, julian would be doing the tuning for the Z's there.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:21 PM
da mayor

it's funny how everyone will believe what he writes when he lied about stuff on his car. I wrote back on almost every forum except this one... just read on myg37 or g35nyc to update on this. I'll vouch for my service department and also with Konrad since I spoke w/ him through the whole time of this process and he lied to the service advisor.

http://myg37.com/forums/northeast/18...nty-claim.html

the mods updated the thread title from what it was on here.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:45 PM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

After reading this I'm taking before pictures any time I go to a Stealership and making sure that I get a second estimate whenver I get a $1000+ repair estimate.

Quick Reply: Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast