Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 02:15 PM
craig12895

Received 160 Likes on 129 Posts

Mounted the oil catch can that I took off the g35. I prefer this location a lot more.

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-gmxibzy.jpg
Old 01-22-2017, 02:45 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Received 972 Likes on 759 Posts

Originally Posted by CJM
May be looking for a header install at some point, but other than that, I think I'll be DIYing everything from here on out. I'll keep it in mind though!
Im thinking about getting some dc shorty headers. Doesn't seem like an impossible task as long as you take the coolant hard lines off... Although thats not exactly a fun process...

I dont think I will be able to get my cat bolts off so I figured it might be best to swap it all at the same time.

The G is almost all apart, a few more days and its cut up time.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:13 PM
CJM

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts

Thought about doing headers on my own but I just don't want to deal with it haha

And an oil catch can...that's another thing I need to do before boost...so many small things
Old 01-23-2017, 03:27 AM
craig12895

My old oil catch can is pretty beat up but you're welcome to have it. Not the prettiest but it does still function
Old 01-23-2017, 10:03 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Really makes you want to get some headers when you pull off the stock manifolds and see how shitty they are.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:08 AM
craig12895

Even my Strup shorty headers made a nice difference. Did a few things at once but I know my car got a good bit louder with headers
Old 01-23-2017, 12:22 PM
CJM

Where did you have the catch can mounted at Craig? I'll have to get some lines and fittings, but if it functions, I'd come buy the intake and catch can off you.

Wow those OEM manifolds are horrible now that you see them in the light of day. May try to snag Matt's DC headers since he's been trying to sell them for 7 months now.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:31 PM
craig12895

My old catch can was one of the Saikou Michi catch cans. I did really mount it, it more or less was just shoved between the passenger side valve cover and the battery compartment.

The lines I have for it have also seen better days but they are still here. And I took the air filter off the old setup and sold it with my v2 blower. So you would need an air filter with a 3.5" inlet. But I can give you a wonderful friends discount of $25 for all of it. The air filter setup alone cost me like $80ish in tubing and silicone
Old 01-23-2017, 12:35 PM
CJM

That's one way to mount it haha and congrats on selling the V2 blower that fast.

Consider it sold then. Hell I'll even throw in a case of your favorite beverage for the help with PayPal issues.
Old 01-23-2017, 12:39 PM
craig12895

The v7 actually came from a mustang vortech kit I picked up. So i sold that kit with the v2 on it. Actually somehow made profit on that as well.

No need for the beverages, but if you decide just grab whatever is cheap. Im not picky
Old 01-25-2017, 05:11 PM
craig12895

So I got 750cc injectors awhile ago because they were a good deal. I wanted 1000cc but I settled. Well they didnt fit, so i took that opportunity to just make the upgrade.

Vince at RT Tuning gave me a good deal on these because they are doing the tuning. Brand new ID1050X injectors. First set they even had a chance to sell. Should lead to much better tuning so I'm happy for that. And they are TINY!

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-ujmgkl3.jpg
Old 02-04-2017, 08:33 PM
craig12895

After a solid day of massaging large pieces of plastic on my car, this is where I made it

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-y01doxe.jpg

Buddy bro northeast chat thread.-8q7mvca.jpg
Old 02-05-2017, 05:58 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

That color is nice... Is it easier this round or just as much of a pain in the *** this round?

Im failing miserably at ball joint removal... I think im going ri give up on this project untill someday when I might actually need some new balljoints.

Old 02-05-2017, 06:05 AM
craig12895

That looks painful! And that pencil sharpener is mounted very high.

This time around is a little easier just knowing what to expect, but the 3M vinyl is a little harder to work with than Avery. I wish my paint underneath was in better shape, there are a lot of places where it looks like I did a terrible job but its the paint chips underneath.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:52 AM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Yeah the 3m shows even the smallest of imperfections. I remember when I did my roof and thought it would hide some ugly and it just made it stick out more.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:47 PM
CJM

Color looks good Craig. You already have the sides done, so you should be all set to finish it up shortly. Good progress.
Old 02-07-2017, 04:13 PM
BGeorge87

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since this is the North East section I just wanted to pop in to introduce myself and say hi. So hi! My name's Brandon. I just bought my silver '03 350Z Track about a week and a half ago. I haven't had much fun with her yet as I only got a temp registration yesterday (been waiting on the title). I do have plans for the car but will be taking my time with mods. I have to get back to work full time before I spend more money on the car. I also have to fix the issues first before modding things that technically work lol. I already fixed the brake, VDC off, and slip lights being on by adding brake fluid. Tomorrow I'll be hunting down the fuse for the taillights and I'll be trying to reset the passenger window motor (maybe replacing it altogether if need be). The high beams also do not work. It looks as if the bulbs are HIDs so I'm assuming they are not connected to ballasts (the last owner didn't seem like he had much knowledge of cars). The last thing I need to replace would be the hatch struts since it doesn't stay open on it's own. However, I have already ordered the Depo Bi-Xenon black headlights so I'll take care of the high beams next week when those come in!

I do have other plans for the future. I'd like to get a front lip/splitter, possible side skirts and back bumper/lip (not sure what I'd want yet), different spoiler (no I don't mean a huge wing), and a carbon fiber hood as well as wheels at some point. I can't add cosmetic upgrades though without a little extra performance. The car sounds like it has an aftermarket exhaust already so I'll be looking to add an intake, throttle body, upper plenum spacer and headers to try to open up the air flow a bit more. Who knows, maybe I'll decide to go with a turbo at some point down the road.

Old 02-07-2017, 04:19 PM
dboyzalter
6 inch cawk is my fave!

Nice find... If it sounds like it has an aftermarket exhaust but looks stock its probably broken off at the back flange... My Z and my G both had the exhaust broken off at the flange when I got them... I was so disappointed after I fixed it.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:02 PM
craig12895

Welcome to the page! Glad to see you have a list of plans and most of them seem to be making that a nice solid car again.
As for the window motor, if I were you I would just go ahead and order a rebuilt motor and swap it in while you are there.
As for hatch struts, I strongly suggest the Z1 ultra high performance struts. Been on my car for about 3 years now and they are as strong as day 1, even in the northeast winters they havent hesitated once.

As far as exterior stuff is concerned, I think the 3 main guys in here (myself, dboyz, and CJM) have a decent diversity of exterior mods to give you an idea. What kind of style do you tend to like?

And if your exhaust tips look stock, chances are its a stock exhaust. Maybe a flange is broken, maybe the resonator has been removed.
Old 02-07-2017, 05:37 PM
BGeorge87

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by craig12895
Welcome to the page! Glad to see you have a list of plans and most of them seem to be making that a nice solid car again.
As for the window motor, if I were you I would just go ahead and order a rebuilt motor and swap it in while you are there.
As for hatch struts, I strongly suggest the Z1 ultra high performance struts. Been on my car for about 3 years now and they are as strong as day 1, even in the northeast winters they havent hesitated once.

As far as exterior stuff is concerned, I think the 3 main guys in here (myself, dboyz, and CJM) have a decent diversity of exterior mods to give you an idea. What kind of style do you tend to like?

And if your exhaust tips look stock, chances are its a stock exhaust. Maybe a flange is broken, maybe the resonator has been removed.
Thanks for the reply and the info! As far as my exhaust goes I knew the tips were stock and upon further inspection there seems to be water and smoke coming out of the flange right behind the rear axle. So I suppose I'll be adding an exhaust system to my list of future mods.

I've come across a 350Z in Instagram that I've fallen in love with. I don't want to "copy" him but I may need to (with minor changes and a different color). This is a screen shot I took just to show.

Quick Reply: Buddy bro northeast chat thread.