Notices
Pacific Alaska, Hawaii

Moving to Hawaii

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 07:59 AM
NismoDude

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^ whoa that sucks.

I guess in paradise cops got nothing better to do, lol.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:55 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

Exactly....no crime fighting here!
Old 08-25-2013, 10:30 AM
NismoDude

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just vacationed there with my family - sounds like tourist cars being broken into is the #1 crime problem lol
Old 08-25-2013, 06:34 PM
hurleysurferr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesus how low is low to them? I'm only lowerd a inch on some Tanabe gf210 springs, and what's the officers safty inspection?
Old 08-25-2013, 10:43 PM
nismofreak1208

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Officers safety inspection is pretty much a d!ck move against modified cars. USUALLY a no recon ticket is issued which u can just pay the $70 fine and move on but the inspection is unavoidable court room time. If a cop "FEELS" like your car is unsafe to him on that day, u'll get the failure of inspection and a court date. They will suspend your registration until you attend court for whatever the officer said was "wrong" with your car. This is of course if you are lucky and the cop lets u drive home instead of being towed home. To the few i've talked to who have actually gotten this bs fail inspection ticket, they said that fines could range pass $100 and suspension of registration and etc or if you turn everything to stock and takes pictures then it'll be dismissed. Or you can do what I'm doing and just try out what happens in recon. I managed to pass my recon with coilovers, LED tail lights, 6000k HIDS, Junction produce curtains, 19" wheels and low pro tires. I failed my tint part but I got that fixed already, now just gotta pick up my no recon sticker. That pass was for my 98 Lexus tho, my Z i somehow managed to convince the judge in honolulu court that i didn't need recon for my Z and I got it dismissed. So its just luck of the draw whether what happens when HPD pulls u over and when u go to court.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:53 PM
iLockUP253

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this was a dead thread but i have a few question I'm currently up on schofeild but I'm playing army in the sands so how low can your car be before it fails safety cause i jus thought a low Z and I'm worried that its not gonna pass do you know of any shady safety inspections places?? Thanks in advance
Old 04-16-2014, 04:00 PM
Underscore_Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iLockUP253
I know this was a dead thread but i have a few question I'm currently up on schofeild but I'm playing army in the sands so how low can your car be before it fails safety cause i jus thought a low Z and I'm worried that its not gonna pass do you know of any shady safety inspections places?? Thanks in advance
Now that the new safety inspection law is active, there is no such thing as a "shady" safety inspector.

Just try your hand at getting recon, then safety. Or try not to get caught >.>