Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 06:56 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by discom
Vinny's friend..is it Lester?

Drop me a PM when you are next here
I just know him by his Chinese name, I shall send you his contact. He was working with Vinny in the racing industry for 11 years and decided to return home and set up his own tuning business. Vinny just built me a motor based on his stage one block that did a 6 sec. pass in a quarter mile, last year. These guys are veterans in the racing arena, and they build their own powerhouses. Vinny’s work is simply phenomenal, so very perfect.

Maybe you will find Mok helpful in putting together your dream machine, talk to him, nice guy.

G
_______
Old 11-29-2006, 09:39 AM
discom

Originally Posted by thawk408
DAMN!!! Why are cars so expensive there?
There is a 150% import tax on cars
Old 11-29-2006, 10:03 AM
350Zzzz
Professional

Does the 150% import tax include the cost of the new car permit, if not what is the cost of such a permit for the 350Z? I hear that these permits are auctioned off, these days.

Thanks
G
_______
Old 11-29-2006, 03:59 PM
discom

Originally Posted by 350Zzzz
Does the 150% import tax include the cost of the new car permit, if not what is the cost of such a permit for the 350Z? I hear that these permits are auctioned off, these days.

Thanks
G
_______
Sent you a PM. Do not want to OT or hijack this thread.

Can't wait to hear from Sam about the performance of the kit
Old 11-29-2006, 08:40 PM
Devil Z

I am liking this kit very much. Hopefully in the next few years GTM and I can work something out . . . for now, gotta save up some $$$ haha.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still waiting for updates...this seems like a dead thread.

Is there a problem with the test car? It has been a few weeks and still no prelimary performance data.

I am seriously considering this kit, but as I will be shipping it halfway around the world to Singapore, I would like to have some assurance that it is a kit that has been tested on a production car. And some performance reports will be nice...like engine response, how it idles, HP and torque developed with which TT kit will be nice too.

Hope someone from GTM can respond soon....
Sorry for the lack of updates, I do appreciate you interest.in the last few weeks we released some major product for the 350z platform, from our gear sets,camshafts, and stroker kits .also taking a vacation definitely did not help (my first in 16 years )
there is no problem with the test car I can assure of that we will have some dyno # in the next few weeks . I can't wait my self, its going to be fun and exiting .stay tuned
Old 12-01-2006, 12:45 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent you a PM. Do not want to OT or hijack this thread.

Can't wait to hear from Sam about the performance of the kit
good idea.
Old 12-01-2006, 07:56 AM
nissansource

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
Sorry for the lack of updates, I do appreciate you interest.in the last few weeks we released some major product for the 350z platform, from our gear sets,camshafts, and stroker kits .also taking a vacation definitely did not help (my first in 16 years )
there is no problem with the test car I can assure of that we will have some dyno # in the next few weeks . I can't wait my self, its going to be fun and exiting .stay tuned

Awsome Sam it was good talking to you and the development of your products yesturday btw still a great looking shop love your facility!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:50 PM
discom

Thanks Sam for the update Hope you had a good vacation.

Can't wait to see the numbers.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:38 PM
discom

Has anyone installed the stroker kit? Any feedbacks?

Still curious about the real world performanance of this kit.

Thanks.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:05 AM
silver nismo

OMG i'm saving for the 4.2 hehehehe i'm always a mean persson.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Old School
Shift_Boost

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

lets see that R&D sam!
Old 12-11-2006, 11:51 AM
Devil Z

I think we'll be seeing some VERY mean Z's in the future with this kit Sam.

Keep up the good work.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:46 PM
D_Z

this car also have the 4.2 l stoker engine with our stage four heads .aps extreme twin turbo ,we will be posting some dyno numbers very soon
I'm happy to hear that you are going with this set up. I was starting to save up so that when my warrantee is up I can do the 4.2 L stroker and APS Extreme TT also. I will love to see the numbers when you get them. I was also thinking of boring the top end a little too, just for a little more displacement.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:47 PM
Nathan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by D_Z
I'm happy to hear that you are going with this set up. I was starting to save up so that when my warrantee is up I can do the 4.2 L stroker and APS Extreme TT also. I will love to see the numbers when you get them. I was also thinking of boring the top end a little too, just for a little more displacement.
I'm not sure what you mean by "boring the top end a little too", but there is no way you can increase displacement other than a longer stroke (@ 90mm impossible) or a larger bore diameter (@100mm its close to max) maybe 1 more mil
If you ment opening up the combustion chambers, this does not increase displacement, only lowers the CR (displacement is the area of the cylinder swept by the piston )
Old 12-13-2006, 06:25 PM
Dirty Dave

Originally Posted by Nathan
I'm not sure what you mean by "boring the top end a little too", but there is no way you can increase displacement other than a longer stroke (@ 90mm impossible) or a larger bore diameter (@100mm its close to max) maybe 1 more mil
If you ment opening up the combustion chambers, this does not increase displacement, only lowers the CR (displacement is the area of the cylinder swept by the piston )
I think he's talking about porting the heads ???
Old 12-13-2006, 07:09 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Originally Posted by Nathan
It would seem that is what D_Z meant, a longer stroke; which would also require porting the heads, upgrading cams, springs, valves, etc. to increase the fill rate.

Old 12-16-2006, 04:55 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With out going thru this and a bunch of other threads on stroker kits . Has any one done a N/A stroker and dynoed it ? Wondering what kind of power it could make .
Old 12-16-2006, 06:19 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Originally Posted by booger
With out going thru this and a bunch of other threads on stroker kits . Has any one done a N/A stroker and dynoed it ? Wondering what kind of power it could make .
Well, if tuned right, and if done right, a stroker on an N/A should make proportional HP. So, a 4.2 stroker is .7 liters over the 3.5; 0.7 is 0.2 of 3.5 (5 x 0.7 = 3.5), and the stock 3.5 makes 300 at the crank, so the extra 0.7 liters should make approximately an extra 60 hp at the crank, for a total of 360.

Now, that is most assuredly not an exact number, since there are so many other variables, but its a good rough estimate.

Dave
Old 12-16-2006, 07:50 PM
sentry65
the burninator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it'd raise the entire torque curve somewhere around 50tq at the wheels since 4.24/3.5 = 1.21

So you can use hp=(torque x rpm)/5250 to figure out what hp that's raise it at different rpms

Quick Reply: GT Motorsports Stroker Kit Upgrade...