Old 05-04-2007, 12:56 AM
Marty_G
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
Price for turbo cams?

JET

Prices:
1. GT Motorsports® Turbo Spec camshafts for the VQ35DE: $1165 (MSRP)
2. GT Motorsports® Stage I NA/Supercharger Spec camshafts for the VQ35DE: $1165 (MSRP)

https://my350z.com/forum/product-announcements/225862-gt-motorsports-turbo-and-na-sc-spec-camshafts.html
Old 05-04-2007, 02:01 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 619Z
+1 I've been waiting soooo long for that website to be running. So what's the deal with the website? Is it gonna be up and running anytime soon?
All I can say is this .it is going to be like nothing you have ever seen before ,and when you see it I think you will understand lead time30 to 60 days
thank you for your interest

Sam
GT MOTORSPORTS
Old 05-04-2007, 02:03 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by MartyG35
Prices:
1. GT Motorsports® Turbo Spec camshafts for the VQ35DE: $1165 (MSRP)
2. GT Motorsports® Stage I NA/Supercharger Spec camshafts for the VQ35DE: $1165 (MSRP)

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225862
Thanks marty
Old 05-04-2007, 02:24 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by booger
Great results from the cams !!

But Im a little confused . The stock Vortech dyno clearly shows where timing was pulled and fuel added [ big dip in WHP and trq. ] just before 5000rpm's . It also shows the car made less than 300whp @ 6000 . The second dyno with a with 8.5 to 1 pistons clearly shows NO dip from timing being pulled and fuel added and made 50whp more than the stock compression motor . But you clearly state the tuning wasnt touched . Could you explain ?
Good observation booger,the car did not get tuned until we had installed the 2.87 pulley and the fuel system .as far as the car pulling timing in the first dyno graph and not the second dyno graph with out tuning ,it is the lower compression piston that helped to raise the knock threshold witch made the Ecu happier ,I will post the a/f reading of dyno graph 1 and 2 and you will see that tuning was not touch

I hope this help

Sam

GT MOTORSPORTS

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 05-04-2007 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:41 AM
booger

Sam ...Ive seen alot of stock Vortech dyno graphs and SS box maps . I clearly see in the first stock dyno where timing is being pulled in the SS box . The same spot all stock Vortech maps pull timing . The car also only made 300whp on a DynoJet Dyno [ I think DJ ] The second dyno shows no dip in power as a normal stock map does and has a smooth power curve . This is clearly a tuned map....not a stock out of the box tune . The dyno clearly shows that . Seems there was other issue's with this car in the before dyno as it doesnt make near the whp a stock Vortech makes on a DynoJet . Were the issue taken care of along with adding the cams ? The car tuned and then dynoed again ?
Old 05-04-2007, 08:49 AM
r@mon

Do you guys have anything more aggressive? I'm looking for something go for power all the way up to 8k
Old 05-05-2007, 02:03 PM
booger

I guess we are letting this one die ?
Old 05-05-2007, 02:42 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Hey booger,

What Sam was saying is the reason the ECU did not pull timing after the engine build is because the lower compression engine can allow more timing. So instead of the stock ECU pulling timing when it detected knock(due to the 10.3:1 compression stock motor), it didn't after the engine build since the knock threshold was increased, therefore allowing the stock ECU to not pull timing( OR add more timing). Since the SS box is a piggy back it still depends on what the stock ECU does, We did not touch the tune on the SS box until we installed the 2.87 pulley w/ the new injectors

Hope this clears that up, and again good eye

-George
GT Motorsports

Last edited by GTM; 05-05-2007 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:29 PM
booger

I dont mean to be a pain....but in the first dyno you SEE where the SS box pulls timing . If the ECU was pulling more timing , there clearly was an issue with the car . The second dyno shows no signs of where timing is being pulled in the SS box . It is a smooth power curve with no big dips where you normally would see in a stock tuned Vortech dyno . Cams arent going to get rid of the timing being pulled by the SS box . I just dont think you guys are using a good comparison from stock Vortech to Stock Vortech and your cams .
Old 05-05-2007, 04:04 PM
Speqz

what about single turbo or even built motors with single turbo ?????
Old 05-05-2007, 06:18 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

I dont mean to be a pain....but in the first dyno you SEE where the SS box pulls timing . If the ECU was pulling more timing , there clearly was an issue with the car . The second dyno shows no signs of where timing is being pulled in the SS box . It is a smooth power curve with no big dips where you normally would see in a stock tuned Vortech dyno . Cams arent going to get rid of the timing being pulled by the SS box . I just dont think you guys are using a good comparison from stock Vortech to Stock Vortech and your cams .

There are two possibilities here...

Possibility #1: You are not comprehending that when you lower the compression in a given engine the entire threshold of knock changes drastically ,for example I can run about 5-9 more degrees of timing when I'm tuning 8.5:1 compression engine verses stock 10.3:1 compression engine ,so your are going to sit here and tell me the factory ECU will not react to that? If you don't see that ,then I guess that is why you are not comprehending this and having a hard time with it, which is understandable.

Possibility #2: You do comprehend that lowering the compression could have such an effect ,but your just being yourself and you just want to argue. and let me assure you again that this car was tuned only with 2.87 pulley and the new injectors .and that was the first time ever and the only time the car was tuned .

also if you look really close that dip is still there in the second dyno graph ,and completely gone in the last one that we tuned .

I apologize if this comes off a bit harsh ,but this is the only way I know how to say it.

SAM

GT MOTORSPORTS
Old 05-05-2007, 06:22 PM
Vash350Z

I see a dip in the same area on the after dyno, it is just not as defined, which could be caused by the increased midrange and top end of the new camshafts?

Also: look at the scaling on the dynos, the after dynos are scaled differently (obviously), and you that the dip in power in the after graph is worth about the same amount of horsepower as in the before graph, 12ish ponies.

Last edited by Vash350Z; 05-05-2007 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 06:26 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Vash350Z
I see a dip in the same area on the after dyno, it is just not as defined, which could be caused by the increased midrange and top end of the new camshafts?
The dip is much less noticeable in the second dyno graph because of the lower compression in the new engine, the factory ECU can add more timing because there is no knock detection.

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 05-05-2007, 06:32 PM
Vash350Z

Originally Posted by George@GTM
The dip is much less noticeable in the second dyno graph because of the lower compression in the new engine, the factory ECU can add more timing because there is no knock detection.

-George
GT Motorsports

thanks for clearing that up, i still run the stock vortech timing map on my car with just a tweaked a/f ratio and my car doesnt knock at all.
Old 05-05-2007, 07:08 PM
booger

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
There are two possibilities here...

Possibility #1: You are not comprehending that when you lower the compression in a given engine the entire threshold of knock changes drastically ,for example I can run about 5-9 more degrees of timing when I'm tuning 8.5:1 compression engine verses stock 10.3:1 compression engine ,so your are going to sit here and tell me the factory ECU will not react to that? If you don't see that ,then I guess that is why you are not comprehending this and having a hard time with it, which is understandable.

Possibility #2: You do comprehend that lowering the compression could have such an effect ,but your just being yourself and you just want to argue. and let me assure you again that this car was tuned only with 2.87 pulley and the new injectors .and that was the first time ever and the only time the car was tuned .

also if you look really close that dip is still there in the second dyno graph ,and completely gone in the last one that we tuned .

I apologize if this comes off a bit harsh ,but this is the only way I know how to say it.

SAM

GT MOTORSPORTS
I comprehend quite clearly...and you explain it quite clearly...AND I see quite clearly......I'll let it rest so you can sell your cams...sorry to jack the thread for something that clearly needs to be explained . And it is still clearly NOT a good comparison between a Stock Vortech and stock Vortech and your cams . WHich I hope you have good sucsess with !
Old 05-05-2007, 07:26 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Did I miss the reply to the query about a valve train upgrade being required? I have a build coming up pretty soon and was going to go with the JWT S2 cams but these have caught my interest. I will ask my builder but anyone have any input?
Old 05-05-2007, 08:48 PM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JWT has cams that make power from 5500 rpms to 9000 rpms, they are not liste d on the website and you have to ask for them. They are very high lift and duration. With the brian crower valvetrain and those cams with some big twins you will make a ton of power, if your engine can handle 9k rpms.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Thoes are some damn good gains. Congratulations on the results Sam!

Tony
Old 05-06-2007, 12:39 PM
r@mon

Originally Posted by rocks
JWT has cams that make power from 5500 rpms to 9000 rpms, they are not liste d on the website and you have to ask for them. They are very high lift and duration. With the brian crower valvetrain and those cams with some big twins you will make a ton of power, if your engine can handle 9k rpms.
Do you know what they call them? Thanks for the reply.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:03 PM
rocks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont remember what they call them, just ask about the higher lift cams they have that arent listed for sale on thier website. I talked to jim wolf a few weeks ago when i called to ask some questions about my revup cams and he told me about them. They work well with a turbo and NA with over 12.1 compression.

Quick Reply: GT Motorsports Turbo and NA/SC Spec Camshaft Dyno Testing Results