Notices

Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 06:26 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TENGAI
Hal, does the Haltech have a simplified "dashboard" readout of all of the sensors? EGT, BOOST, A/F, etc...? The second screenshot is nice, but in looking at a CarPC option, I was wondering if I could simply call up a display of critical sensor "gauges" on the fly. This would more than likely be my view 99% of the time.
In your situation either would do. With a carpc: the software allows complete configuration of the gauges, so you could add a page of just the critical guages and add/remove whatever you desire and size them how you wish.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:38 AM
TENGAI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hal@IP
In your situation either would do. With a carpc: the software allows complete configuration of the gauges, so you could add a page of just the critical guages and add/remove whatever you desire and size them how you wish.
Perfect Thanks.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:11 AM
MIAPLAYA

Amazing product....This thing is really going to change the Z/G community for the better. End user tuneable FTMFW!!!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:34 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

This looks like an incredible engine management system. Congratulations! You guys have the perfect marketing schedule... It took about 9.1 seconds for everyone to be interested in the Haltech...

What are your thoughts on using the Haltech on an NA motor?

I'm kind of surprised that the first page says that there is currently no knock control in the current Haltech. Am I reading that wrong somehow? That's something that would be important to me.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:49 AM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

That is so cool. Love to see how it fits into the car - can't really tell on that first pic. Don't forget about our G's!
Old 10-17-2007, 10:10 AM
RBlover69

Originally Posted by __jb
This looks like an incredible engine management system. Congratulations! You guys have the perfect marketing schedule... It took about 9.1 seconds for everyone to be interested in the Haltech...

I'm kind of surprised that the first page says that there is currently no knock control in the current Haltech. Am I reading that wrong somehow? That's something that would be important to me.
Thats my point exactly how is this on a NA motor opposed to boost.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:18 AM
TENGAI

• Knock Control (coming soon in a free software update)
From the original post, it looks like it'll be an software / firmware update (free) in the coming months to get this up and running.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking good Hal. So far, the Haltech is working very nicely for us, and glad there are even more options on the market for everyone.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:19 AM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by TENGAI
From the original post, it looks like it'll be an software / firmware update (free) in the coming months to get this up and running.
Thanks, I did see that.

It just seems to me that knock control is so important... I'm just surprised that all these high horsepower builds don't have any knock control.

Maybe it can use some of the knock control in the OEM ECU??? Just asking...
Old 10-17-2007, 11:33 AM
rcdash

Thanks, I did see that.

It just seems to me that knock control is so important... I'm just surprised that all these high horsepower builds don't have any knock control.

Maybe it can use some of the knock control in the OEM ECU??? Just asking...
I asked about this also - believe me w/ a brand new 500 whp TT engine. Keep in mind that knock detection is already in place and knock detection is something they've spent a lot of time on (supposed to be really good I'm told), so just adding the piece to do something about knock is coming soon I would think. Hal, correct me if I am misinformed.

That said, most tuners will create maps that don't go anywhere near approaching the threshold for knock - so it's not a critical requirement to have this in place. Of course, if you happen to pick up a bad tank of gas, then you (or more importantly I) could be in trouble without some automated knock control... I won't be letting my wife fill gas in my baby!
Old 10-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rcdash
I asked about this also - believe me w/ a brand new 500 whp TT engine. Keep in mind that knock detection is already in place and knock detection is something they've spent a lot of time on (supposed to be really good I'm told), so just adding the piece to do something about knock is coming soon I would think. Hal, correct me if I am misinformed.

That said, most tuners will create maps that don't go anywhere near approaching the threshold for knock - so it's not a critical requirement to have this in place.
Well said. With a good tune and corrections in place, knock should never be an issue unless you decide to fill up with 87. That being said, the engineers have gone overboard with the level of knock detection through many hardware and software revisions and knock-retard is in the works.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

We have a few hundred dyno pulls NA on the Haltech, primarily on our 2006 350Z. It along with our '03, '04 and '05 Z's have been the primary test mules. We have also tested the standalone on Infiniti FX35 and G35 with success.

Through all of the stages of development, especially the earlier ones, we have used NA Z's. Our shop 2006 350Z with intake/exhaust has been driving around since before we took it to Zdayz back in May.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:53 AM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was a few weeks away from getting the hks. glad this is now available!!! looking forward to getting it!! good work guys
Old 10-18-2007, 08:52 PM
IslandZavage

So who else is an authorized seller and tuner for the HALTECH EMS??? How is it in comparison to FCON?
Old 10-19-2007, 05:39 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

That is so cool. Love to see how it fits into the car - can't really tell on that first pic. Don't forget about our G's!

Will be in the car later today.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:43 AM
rcdash

Originally Posted by InjectedPerf

Will be in the car later today.
Tease! Don't forget to provide details on how your users can get a hold of that! Got any other secret gadgets coming along? I'd actually like to see that mounted almost in a HUD like display above the stock dash, just above the hoodline to see how much it would obstruct view...
Old 10-19-2007, 05:44 AM
Dynosty
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by IslandZavage
So who else is an authorized seller and tuner for the HALTECH EMS??? How is it in comparison to FCON?
We are adding dealers daily, but I see PerformanceFactory in your signature... Jeremy has been setup as a dealer for us, contact him.

In regards to FCON, it is an unlocked ecu so it is end-user tunable, does more than FCON (variable cam control), and is less expensive. We have multiple people already who are replacing their FCONs with the Haltech Plat. You be the judge
Old 10-19-2007, 05:52 AM
InjectedPerf
Sponsor
Injected Performance

Tease! Don't forget to provide details on how your users can get a hold of that! Got any other secret gadgets coming along? I'd actually like to see that mounted almost in a HUD like display above the stock dash, just above the hoodline to see how much it would obstruct view...
We are a dealer for the dashes as well. They actually work with quite a few different platforms and of course as a standalone for data acquisition.

The one we are installing in my green car is being placed where the stock navigation/cubby hole is. It won't be 100% complete but I need to have it ready for SEMA!!!
Old 10-19-2007, 06:06 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is there an online user manual from Haltech so we can read up, in detail, on all the functions of the Platinum?
Old 10-19-2007, 07:22 AM
USED

This Haltech seems like a great alternative for Vpro regarding user tunability. I read the post regarding a WB sensor being necessary for A/F trim feedback. Excuse me if this was covered already, but is a secondary (Haltech) Knock Sensor necessary or will it work off of the stock KNK sensor?

I ask this because sensors add to the price significantly.

Quick Reply: Injected Performance brings you HALTECH PLATINUM PNP STANDALONE