Notices

ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 04:24 PM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1ZweetZ
This is not exactly right... Batch fire fires all cyliners at the same time. This system is Semi-Sequential meaning it fires paired cylinders. This is completely pointless unless you are trying to pass 2004+ federal test procedures for emissions (only necessary for OEM's). Semi-Sequential injector makes no measureable difference in fuel economy, drivability or power in anyway. The only thing you are losing with semisequential injection is the ability to trim individual cylinders precisely, which most all of us don't have the accompaning sensors to determine how to trim them anyway. I'll take the $1000.00 savings and go semi-sequential, and direct fire ignition. Some OEM cars were still running semi-sequential into the late 90's early 2000's Cold start emissions, and trasnsient emisssions dictated full sequential injection, it had nothing to do with power or fuel economy. Some of the best fuel economical cars ever built weren't even fuel injection....they were carbuerator, and that is constant fueling.. no timed fuel delivery whatsoever.
Maybe we are confusing semantics. Electromotive, Accel DFI, and FAST all refer to Batch as a pair of injectors tied (wired) together. I have never heard of it otherwise. I was not even aware that you could fire all the injectors at the same time and make the motor run. My old 635 had 3 injectors wired to one output (two outputs total) and that was one of the first and most advance EFI system at the time from Bosch. Carburator cars flow the majority of the fuel into the cylinder that is flowing the most air since that cylinders intake valve is open. Its a matter of the path of least resitance. A fuel injection system is puddling excess fuel on the back of the valve that is not going to use it until the next cycle since the injector is mounted right above the valve. That fuel does get burned but not at the most efficient rate and is not atomized properly. I have seen it create drivability and accel fuel issues on high compression, aggressive cam, ITB race cars.

What's suprising is that this system is $2250 without sequential. There are other systems in the same price range that are sequential. Also there has been discussion in the past that the VQ flows unevenly and that individual cylinder trims would make a difference (as do all motors). Will it make a difference for a street car? Most likely not.

The cost of adding 3 or 4 extra injectors drivers can not be that great on a board that is already poulated with a large number of inputs, outputs, drivers, etc. It would be more cost effective to make the software work the same for both units.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:24 PM
1ZweetZ

Originally Posted by DaveFunction2ND
Maybe we are confusing semantics. Electromotive, Accel DFI, and FAST all refer to Batch as a pair of injectors tied (wired) together. I have never heard of it otherwise. I was not even aware that you could fire all the injectors at the same time and make the motor run. My old 635 had 3 injectors wired to one output (two outputs total) and that was one of the first and most advance EFI system at the time from Bosch. Carburator cars flow the majority of the fuel into the cylinder that is flowing the most air since that cylinders intake valve is open. Its a matter of the path of least resitance. A fuel injection system is puddling excess fuel on the back of the valve that is not going to use it until the next cycle since the injector is mounted right above the valve. That fuel does get burned but not at the most efficient rate and is not atomized properly. I have seen it create drivability and accel fuel issues on high compression, aggressive cam, ITB race cars.
There is only 1 definition for "Batch" and that is once a rev, and all cylinders. Semi-sequential is as I stated. Then there is bank to bank which is the same as batch except it fires half on one rev, half on the other rev. Carbaratuers still puddle...the fuel suspended in the air when the intake valve closes (what can't get into the cyliner) puddles as soon as it closes. That is why no cars today have carb's...can't pass emissions. Your drivability issues refer to BATCH...not semis-equential. Semi-sequential is firing 3x more often than batch in this case. In the case of the ProEFi, the injector firing events happen every 120 degrees of crank rotation, on the adjacent cylinders... (I.E. they are being turned on a minimum of within 120 degrees anyway)......pointless. You may see systems full sequential at the same price, but you won't see those systems with anywhere near the features that really matter...adaptive learning... direct fire ignition...true volumetric efficiency...etc...
Old 01-03-2008, 07:27 AM
BlackStar

Originally Posted by BlackStar
Also, on the Haltech threads, they keep talking about the electronic throttle closing down to limit engine speed and vehicle speed. Does it actually do this?
Repost so I can get an answer to this question.

Does the factory ECU limit the engine speed and vehicle speed with the electric throttle and do I need to reflash my stock ECU to remove these limitations or does the Pro48 do this itself?
Old 01-03-2008, 09:09 AM
DaveFunction2ND
Banned

Originally Posted by BlackStar
Repost so I can get an answer to this question.

Does the factory ECU limit the engine speed and vehicle speed with the electric throttle and do I need to reflash my stock ECU to remove these limitations or does the Pro48 do this itself?
03-05 does not need a reflash. 06+ needs a reflash becasue the rev-limit is controlled by throttle and fuel cut (mostly throttle).
Old 01-03-2008, 01:57 PM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

So let me get this right. If i go and buy myself a supercharger and set it to xx psi, and i then buy this ProEFI. I will state what my car has and what psi i'm running at, and you will plug in a base map on the unit and post it to me. I can then plug this straight into my ECU and drive off and never have to get it tuned again. I'm refering to the 48 box by the way. And it has a knock sensor, and obvioulsy A/F feedback?

Has anyone been running this? Any issues, comments, experience?

Last edited by ReV2Red; 01-03-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-03-2008, 03:58 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ReV2Red
So let me get this right. If i go and buy myself a supercharger and set it to xx psi, and i then buy this ProEFI. I will state what my car has and what psi i'm running at, and you will plug in a base map on the unit and post it to me. I can then plug this straight into my ECU and drive off and never have to get it tuned again. I'm refering to the 48 box by the way. And it has a knock sensor, and obvioulsy A/F feedback?

Has anyone been running this? Any issues, comments, experience?
+1

Im with in weeks of ordering either this EMS or the Haltech . Im leaning to ProEFI's way right now . My Vortech is making 20psi + or _ at the top end . Im hoping this will self learn my set up.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:59 AM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

Anyone?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:45 AM
TTRANK

I would be scared of how far off it could be durring the learning process. How much detonation would I have while it slowly figured my car out. The base tune would need to b pretty close and with so many different built engines, head options, cams, etc it could be way off.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:36 AM
ReV2Red
I haz da turbos

I think it would be more of a case of taking it easy during the learning process, and slowly start bringing on the power, as the car learns.
Old 01-04-2008, 09:42 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by TIMMAHH
I would be scared of how far off it could be durring the learning process. How much detonation would I have while it slowly figured my car out. The base tune would need to b pretty close and with so many different built engines, head options, cams, etc it could be way off.
read the new ems thread about how it calculates VE

it will take like 10-20 minutes to "tune" your car
Old 01-05-2008, 02:37 PM
BlackStar

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
read the new ems thread about how it calculates VE

it will take like 10-20 minutes to "tune" your car
Link?
Old 01-05-2008, 02:51 PM
IIQuickSilverII

i think the info was even posted here

but here is the link:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....hlight=new+ems
Old 01-05-2008, 03:09 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do we have a update on the release date ?
Old 01-06-2008, 08:48 PM
BlackStar

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
i think the info was even posted here

but here is the link:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....hlight=new+ems
Sorry, I thought you meant that there was a "new" ems thread about how it calculates VE rather than the old "new ems" thread.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:03 AM
rrmedicx

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What boost solenoids are used with this set-up? Can they be purchased thru you as well? $$$?
Old 01-16-2008, 10:29 AM
rrmedicx

Is anyone using this EMS. I want to know how it is working for them. It sounds almost too good to be true.

Same question as above though...which boost solenoids will work with this?
Old 01-16-2008, 06:20 PM
Chris@SP
Sponsor
Sound Performance

We've only been waiting on the harness, small holdup but we're now anticipating our harness so we can start using the ECU on our 350z. We've been using/testing the 128pin box on our supra and things are progressing great! Going to have a learning curve to it, but a VERY robust tuning solution.

There are multiple VQ's at Intense with the unit on and already tested. The widebody G35 that just recently put down 800+ rwhp is the main beta car, and it has proven to make some amazing power using the ProEFI.

As for boost solenoids, ProEFI will have these available shortly, and I will have pricing soon on those units.

This product is a reality, and as any product takes time to start to distribute to Vendors and ramp up on learning the software, etc.. We have dove in head first with this and will continue to move forward as we're absolutely confident of it's capabilities.

I'll have 3 supra's tuned on this within the next 3 weeks. Results will follow. I'll also have our car up and running on this in about 2-3 weeks as well.

In the immediate we're going to be offering the systems to local customers and customers that are willing to send us their cars for tuning.
If anymore questions please feel free to contact me via email or pm or by phone.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:00 PM
rrmedicx

Just trying to gauge whether or not I will need to keep my HKS EVC6 or not. Since the PROEFI will be able to manage boost in addition to everything else. Just to confirm, it can also control features like N2O or Water/Meth injection as well? Correct? Or is that feature still "in-the-works"?
Old 01-16-2008, 07:52 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by Chris@SP
We've only been waiting on the harness, small holdup but we're now anticipating our harness so we can start using the ECU on our 350z. We've been using/testing the 128pin box on our supra and things are progressing great! Going to have a learning curve to it, but a VERY robust tuning solution.

There are multiple VQ's at Intense with the unit on and already tested. The widebody G35 that just recently put down 800+ rwhp is the main beta car, and it has proven to make some amazing power using the ProEFI.

As for boost solenoids, ProEFI will have these available shortly, and I will have pricing soon on those units.

This product is a reality, and as any product takes time to start to distribute to Vendors and ramp up on learning the software, etc.. We have dove in head first with this and will continue to move forward as we're absolutely confident of it's capabilities.

I'll have 3 supra's tuned on this within the next 3 weeks. Results will follow. I'll also have our car up and running on this in about 2-3 weeks as well.

In the immediate we're going to be offering the systems to local customers and customers that are willing to send us their cars for tuning.
If anymore questions please feel free to contact me via email or pm or by phone.
Christ that bad *** news!, And i am jsut as excited as you on the new ems!!
i am another of the VQs with the pro efis in testing with jason himself
There is no exageration when you say its truly amazing, and new technology with pretty advanced hardware. VE and Learning abilities are here to stay!
Old 01-16-2008, 07:54 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Just finished catching up on this thread - looks like this thing is ready to go - a few weeks late, but not too bad given the complexity of the product . In direct comparison to the Haltech, the "48 unit" although similarly priced, appears to be missing out on some of the more advanced features (individual cylinder control, cam control, dynamic boost control strategies, traction control). Some of this (cam control) can be mitigated through simultaneous use of UpRev's Osiris (though not nearly as robustly).

Few questions:

1. the "128 box" seems like 'da bomb - what is the anticipated release date for that? has pricing been determined for that unit? (sorry if i missed it)

2. the "48 box" does not have usb input, nor serial input, nor RS485 input according to the feature chart. So how does it communicate with an in car pc or laptop for gauge display or logging, etc?

Ok, here's the real kicker since it is what purportedly separates this EMS from all others:

3. Do you have any data to support placement of a unit "untuned" into a FI car that demonstrates both effectiveness and safety in its adaptive learning that precludes the need for professional tuning? Even the initial tune? There are so many differences in engine builds, power levels, FI kits, sensors, model years, that I wonder what level of confidence you have in supporting this claim - at least during the launch of this product...

If you've got a box that can put tuners out of business, then that's certainly taking technology to the next level - and I'm always on the lookout for best of breed technology. (To ask another way, how much of the tuning process is still "manual" and how much is fully automated?)

Quick Reply: ProEFI Release Date and Pricing!