Notices

Flat Foot Shifting Is Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2008, 06:14 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Julian@MRC
There are plenty SRT4 running way faster than 350z/g35's at the track..Hi hater..
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e-LFBNbDzBs&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e-LFBNbDzBs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 06-10-2008, 06:16 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There are plenty SRT4 running way faster than 350z/g35's at the track..Hi hater..
oh lord
Old 06-10-2008, 06:30 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Motormouth
oh lord
I kid you not...Last time we went to the track there were several 10 second SRT4's there.. Its an amazing little POS for sure!!
Old 06-10-2008, 07:07 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Will this be able to be tested by a third party? I know that SRT's have been using it and you are testing it on your car. But how about a stock no tuning(raising the boost) test car for results. Someone say in FL with TP and Plenum Spacer You know what I mean With turbo cars if the results aren't there they just have to 1/4 turn the dial(BC) and boom 11.9

Chris
(Might have already been brought up, if so Ignore )
Old 06-10-2008, 07:11 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by NA&CH
Will this be able to be tested by a third party? I know that SRT's have been using it and you are testing it on your car. But how about a stock no tuning(raising the boost) test car for results. Someone say in FL with TP and Plenum Spacer You know what I mean With turbo cars if the results aren't there they just have to 1/4 turn the dial(BC) and boom 11.9

Chris

If there is a local guy closer to NJ we would like to test it on his car..
Old 06-10-2008, 07:11 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

If there is a local guy closer to NJ we would like to test it on his car..
i think you're confused.. i don't live in NJ
Old 06-10-2008, 07:38 AM
n2mb

stand by for some big news from julian...
Old 06-10-2008, 07:45 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can the blue light be turned off?
Old 06-10-2008, 07:46 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

New price is $149.99 for the flat shift WOT BOX... The 2 Step will be available shortly as an upgrade for an additional $149.99
If you wish to order all at once both features, the unit will be $285 shipped!!!
All people who ordered already, your orders will be shipping today with only the flat shift feature and you will recieve a credit back for the difference, unless you specify you wish to upgrade in the future to a 2 step feature also, which will be done via a firmware upgrade..
Jay will be posting a detailed explenation as to the quality diffrence of his unit, that has already been proven for over 2 years on the market, as well as the key components and software he utilizes..
Old 06-10-2008, 07:47 AM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by teh215
Can the blue light be turned off?
You wont see the blue light once you mount it under the dash.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:33 AM
phrozen

Hello everyone. I thought I would join here to answer questions you may have. My name is Jon and I am the other founder of NP Complete Performance, creators of the original WOT Box. Jay (N2MB) is the racing expertise, and I provide the engineering talent. If you have any technical questions about the WOT Box, feel free to contact me. I will also subscribe to this thread.

I will soon be updating our website to provide more details about our product on your car and to provide custom installation instructions for completing the installation.

I look forward to a productive and positive relationship with the 350Z community, like we have established in the SRT-4 community.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:23 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NA&CH
Will this be able to be tested by a third party? With turbo cars if the results aren't there they just have to 1/4 turn the dial(BC) and boom 11.9

Chris
I see your trying to get one for yourself out of the deal! But I have one on the way ( I bought it yesterday). I dont have a boost controller just waste gate springs so I should have some unbiased results in the upcoming weeks. I dont lift to shift now but it is hard as hell on the tranny so I have been waiting for a flat shift product for awhile. This is not new technology it is just an affordably way of getting the technology as opposed to needing stand alone EMS for flat shift and launch control..

Last edited by Sylvan Lake V35; 06-10-2008 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 12:30 PM
teh215

What is to prevent someone from getting the $149 version and then "obtaining" a copy of the firmware upgrade and just updsting their module to include the 2 step? Is there a hardware limitation between the two?
Old 06-10-2008, 12:34 PM
phrozen

Originally Posted by teh215
What is to prevent someone from getting the $149 version and then "obtaining" a copy of the firmware upgrade and just updsting their module to include the 2 step? Is there a hardware limitation between the two?
Each copy of the firmware upgrade will be keyed to the unique serial number of the box you have. So, even if the software upgrade is posted online, it won't work for anyone other than the original purchaser.

I think of these things because thats exactly what I would do....
Old 06-10-2008, 01:07 PM
teh215

Originally Posted by phrozen
Each copy of the firmware upgrade will be keyed to the unique serial number of the box you have. So, even if the software upgrade is posted online, it won't work for anyone other than the original purchaser.

I think of these things because thats exactly what I would do....
Just checking. As a software engineer, I read the description of the upgrade process and I was like...Uh-Oh.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:33 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

New price is $149.99 for the flat shift WOT BOX... The 2 Step will be available shortly as an upgrade for an additional $149.99
If you wish to order all at once both features, the unit will be $285 shipped!!!
All people who ordered already, your orders will be shipping today with only the flat shift feature and you will recieve a credit back for the difference, unless you specify you wish to upgrade in the future to a 2 step feature also, which will be done via a firmware upgrade..
Jay will be posting a detailed explenation as to the quality diffrence of his unit, that has already been proven for over 2 years on the market, as well as the key components and software he utilizes..
Originally Posted by n2mb
yes our upgrades are free.we are racers just like you guys and to me there is nothing more annoying than having to pay for a product and then get hit with a hidden charge on something that is simply fixed with a software flash
BTW, I understand the "predicament" that you are in.

Also, for those who are already doing this "flat foot shifting" (aka powershifting) N/A, this won't help much on the ET. In fact, I'd be surprised if I even gain a tenth by using this module (I'm N/A). For those who have FI on their Zs, I'm sure this will definitely shed a bit off the ET. But even for those with FI, if they drove like they're supposed to, I doubt they'll shed much off (every little bit still helps, though).

Last edited by 3hree5ive0ero; 06-10-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:36 PM
phrozen

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero

Also, for those who are already doing this "flat foot shifting" (aka powershifting) N/A, this won't help much on the ET. In fact, I'd be surprised if I even gain a tenth by using this module (I'm N/A).
What Jay meant was that we're not going to charge for bug fixes.
We got requests to break up the features because some people wanted only one feature while others wanted both. That's why we're breaking the software into two pieces that you can buy separately or together, depending on your needs.

Yes, it is true that you won't gain any time in the 1/4 if you are already flat shifting. However, it will make flat shifting easier and safer on your transmission.

You will gain some time from 2-step launching that you can't do any other way....
Old 06-10-2008, 02:38 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by phrozen
What Jay meant was that we're not going to charge for bug fixes.
We got requests to break up the features because some people wanted only one feature while others wanted both. That's why we're breaking the software into two pieces that you can buy separately or together, depending on your needs.

Yes, it is true that you won't gain any time in the 1/4 if you are already flat shifting. However, it will make flat shifting easier and safer on your transmission.

You will gain some time from 2-step launching that you can't do any other way....
Thanks for the extremely fast reply. I wasn't even done editing.

And I definitely agree with you on how it'll be easier and safer on the transmission.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:14 PM
OMEGA46

Would the Launch Control work on a base Z with and LSD?
Would this be like those found on 911 Turbos, F430's as far as launch control? Flat footed accel then dump the clutch?

(Hope not a noob question, Z owner for only a few months)
Old 06-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Julian@MRC
Banned

Originally Posted by OMEGA46
Would the Launch Control work on a base Z with and LSD?
Would this be like those found on 911 Turbos, F430's as far as launch control? Flat footed accel then dump the clutch?

(Hope not a noob question, Z owner for only a few months)
yes it will, but i wouldnt dump the clutch more like slip it out of the hole till she gets traction.

Quick Reply: Flat Foot Shifting Is Here!!!