OCG35
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JWT TT for 370 Coming (maybe)

http://forums.nissansportmag.com/zer...wt-coming-soon
Old 03-31-2009, 05:38 PM
vnarang

interesting....this is for the 07-08 HR's as well...
Old 03-31-2009, 06:52 PM
kyx4n

^ sounds good.

more options for the HR and more opportunities for the 370
Old 03-31-2009, 07:04 PM
OCG35
Banned

According to Nissan Sports teaser it seems so… that’s why I posted here, got the G37 & 370s that are interested… apparently, according to JWT “if there is enough interest” there will be a kit for the 3.7s… that leads me to believe they have already designed it and are ready to produce if it shows enough interest.

I research the hell out of TT kits a few yrs ago… my initial plan was to go FI after my warranty expired – I was set on the JWT TT based on great “professional” reviews and was ready to pull the trigger once they got CARB approval… they were soooo close! I don’t know of any other TT that has been carb certified and JWT was a pubic hair from getting cert.

Anyway – I went an NA route (but periodically toy with the idea of FI)… if I were in the market for TT, this kit would be high on my list!

I like that Nissan Sport Mag is of the leading edge of info – their predecessor (Sport Z) had a Turbo Shootout article that included some very in-depth and astute driving reviews and real-world testing – they reported the JWT TT kit as being as close to an OEM driving experience as it gets (that + the hopes of carb approval was very intriguing) < I’m referencing VQDE kit.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:28 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by OCG35
According to Nissan Sports teaser it seems so… that’s why I posted here, got the G37 & 370s that are interested… apparently, according to JWT “if there is enough interest” there will be a kit for the 3.7s… that leads me to believe they have already designed it and are ready to produce if it shows enough interest.

I research the hell out of TT kits a few yrs ago… my initial plan was to go FI after my warranty expired – I was set on the JWT TT based on great “professional” reviews and was ready to pull the trigger once they got CARB approval… they were soooo close! I don’t know of any other TT that has been carb certified and JWT was a pubic hair from getting cert.

Anyway – I went an NA route (but periodically toy with the idea of FI)… if I were in the market for TT, this kit would be high on my list!

I like that Nissan Sport Mag is of the leading edge of info – their predecessor (Sport Z) had a Turbo Shootout article that included some very in-depth and astute driving reviews and real-world testing – they reported the JWT TT kit as being as close to an OEM driving experience as it gets (that + the hopes of carb approval was very intriguing) < I’m referencing VQDE kit.
I'm fairly certain the JWT kit has been designed already and is in the process of being fitted on the G37 and the 370z. This is all unofficial, and what I have heard from other people. The TT kit for the 3.7 motor is higher on their priority than the HR tt kit (motor was only used for 2-ish years), so you can be certain a kit for the 3.7 to be coming.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Sylvan Lake V35

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
The TT kit for the 3.7 motor is higher on their priority than the HR tt kit (motor was only used for 2-ish years), so you can be certain a kit for the 3.7 to be coming.
My buddy owns a tuning shop and we called Jim last week with some questions about my turbos. While we had him on the phone he asked Jim when the expected release for the 3.7L kit Jim said it won't be availible till after the HR kit is complete and released. I heard it right from Jims mouth so It didn't sound like it was a higher priority than the HR kit It sounded like it was coming but after the HR kit for sure.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:34 PM
Gibbs
Know it all

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm, this is interesting what do you think are the major differences between this and the GTM kit?
Old 06-30-2009, 05:25 AM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by Sylvan Lake V35
My buddy owns a tuning shop and we called Jim last week with some questions about my turbos. While we had him on the phone he asked Jim when the expected release for the 3.7L kit Jim said it won't be availible till after the HR kit is complete and released. I heard it right from Jims mouth so It didn't sound like it was a higher priority than the HR kit It sounded like it was coming but after the HR kit for sure.
Looks like I may hold off on the Greddy Kit for a little longer. Great news!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:29 AM
MDHRZ

Looks like you are right...
http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/news.asp