Notices

JWT TT for HR

Old 03-31-2009, 07:07 PM
SlideFox

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
The JWT system utilizes better turbo's than the Garrett ones GTM has, and the JWT kit will be by far superior to the GTM kit. The kit from JWT is a complete, worry free kit, that comes with the JWT reputation behind it.

They have been working on the kit for the HR for the past couple of months. The last I heard is that they are in the final moch up stage. We should see official news in a month or so about the kit.

edit: the link on the other page said the release is early summer, so save your pennies guys.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/news.asp

Here's the link and the pics for your convenience.
^^ says the ultimate GTM hater!!!
Old 03-31-2009, 07:17 PM
OCG35
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for keeping it civil – and GTM, that was a very stand-up, class-act post.

Frankly I like the fact that Nissan Sport introduced the info… and yes, I’m bias because that Mag is very in-touch with the VQ community’s interests.

Anyway – before dedicated my NA quest, I had JWTs (DE) TT kit on my radar (a few yrs ago)… had they received carb approval I would have been all over it!

The one thing I will say (semi-negative) is that Jim received a suggestion from DaveO on how to possibly beat the cold start problem that plagued their ability to get CARB approval, but for whatever reason they didn’t attempt it. I’m no expert… so I don’t know if Jim didn’t think it would work, or he just got fed up from trying… but Dave’s no dummy and when you’re sooo close to approval, why not try?

Anyway – options are good, otherwise anyone interested would be paying 10, 20, 50 times more than a kit is worth. (we all know the concept of competition as it pertains to capitalism)… monopoly is no bueno for consumer.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:24 PM
Lawy'dU

Originally Posted by SlideFox
^^ says the ultimate GTM hater!!!
Well, they did get me banned on driver for absolutely nothing, for deferring people to a DIY on my350z after numerous people had made negative comments about the price of their oil coolers

The JWT turbo's use garrett internals like the GTM kit, but the turbo's are completely re-designed by JWT and made much more efficient flowing. That's all I meant about the GTM tt kit here as apposed to the JWT kit.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:40 PM
terrycs

Well, they did get me banned on driver for absolutely nothing, for deferring people to a DIY on my350z after numerous people had made negative comments about the price of their oil coolers

The JWT turbo's use garrett internals like the GTM kit, but the turbo's are completely re-designed by JWT and made much more efficient flowing. That's all I meant about the GTM tt kit here as apposed to the JWT kit.
Can you please elaborate on "completely re-designed turbos" and "much more efficient flowing"?
Old 03-31-2009, 08:10 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

i am happy sport mag announced it..
so Mr.S didnt get a chance to claim this as an RA/JWT turbo kit... just like MR.A and his VRT/JWT kit lol
Old 03-31-2009, 08:51 PM
Chi-TownWarrior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XKR
If you ever plan on going over 550 whp..the JWT intercooler will prevent you from reaching that goal. Also , look at the list of different turbos that GTM carries....its like going into a shoe store.
Originally Posted by terrycs
Nothing against the JWT kit, but regarding point number 1, the front bumper is only designed for very low speed impacts:

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/proble...per/Index.html

If you plan on bumping the car at those speeds, you should not be FI'd. In a real collision, that impact beam isn't gonna do squat.

But by all means, if the JWT I/C efficiency is good enough ... keep the bumper.
Thanks to the both of you.

What I said was just based on a design preference (I think the JWT kit just looks better IMO). I understand that the bumper is rated for low speeds, but I still want it there.

When I get all money put together I will probably go with the GTM kit due to design and overall craftsmanship, but who know's maybe the JWT kit will have made some improvements by then.

But hey I'm only here to read and learn.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:02 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

We got you banned? Maybe you should stop posting complete lies and making things up. That might help your situation.

As in this thread, you are contantly making things up that 1) make no sense and 2) are false.

Aren't you a "lawyer-to-be" if so you should have a clear definition of the word "slander".

Please stop making these comments forcing me to reply, the only reason I reply is because you keep making these posts through out the forum hoping people that don't know the truth will interpret what you say as fact.

If you want to argue and go back and worth please make a new thread and I will address your blasphemy there.

Everyone else, I appreciate your support.

OP, Again I apologize for the OT.

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 03-31-2009, 10:05 PM
GTM
Vendor - Former Vendor

Nothing against the JWT kit, but regarding point number 1, the front bumper is only designed for very low speed impacts:

If you plan on bumping the car at those speeds, you should not be FI'd. In a real collision, that impact beam isn't gonna do squat.

Thanks for that link Terry, I knew the brace was only designed for low speed impact, but didn't want to state that as fact with out proper documentation.

I hope you don't mind if I use that link in the future

-George
GT Motorsports
Old 04-01-2009, 09:02 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

so are you then saying your reason for your comments in this thread are a retalliation to being banned on G35driver? because if so? that would also be a bannable offence on this forum
Old 04-01-2009, 09:40 AM
SmallTuner

looks fine for me
Old 04-01-2009, 09:43 AM
SmallTuner

what do u mean better turbos than GTM ??
Old 04-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Nismo180

I hadn't been to this site in a while and this thread has done a fantastic job of reminding me why. Uneducated over opinionated bench racers talking out their backside in ways that displayed in the quoted post could have very negative effects on someone's life. Discuss your own experience with things as opinion not fact, or go get the education and experience of the guys that do this for a living before you hurt some poor kid with his mom's credit card that read about how since he took out his bumper support he should hit things harder if he is going to hit them.

Tampering with crash safety equipment is never something you should do unless you are a professional and it is ESPECIALLY something you should never do on a street car. Like it or not you DO NOT know the actual repercussions of your actions.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:18 PM
terrycs

Originally Posted by Nismo180
I hadn't been to this site in a while and this thread has done a fantastic job of reminding me why. Uneducated over opinionated bench racers talking out their backside in ways that displayed in the quoted post could have very negative effects on someone's life. Discuss your own experience with things as opinion not fact, or go get the education and experience of the guys that do this for a living before you hurt some poor kid with his mom's credit card that read about how since he took out his bumper support he should hit things harder if he is going to hit them.

Tampering with crash safety equipment is never something you should do unless you are a professional and it is ESPECIALLY something you should never do on a street car. Like it or not you DO NOT know the actual repercussions of your actions.
Huh? I’m not sure which part of my post led you to believe I am an uneducated over opinionated bench racer talking out of my backside. Did you even read bullet 2 from the NHTSA bulletin I attached? Or is it the NHTSA that is talking out of their backside?

All I meant was that an FI'd car is not meant to be used for bumper tag.

Last edited by terrycs; 04-01-2009 at 12:20 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:08 PM
rcdash

Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

Your post is poorly written and confusing. Were you trying to use yourself as an example?
Old 04-01-2009, 02:18 PM
OCG35
Banned

I think Nismo180 is trying to state that Terry’s post implied the front bumper support/"impact beam" isn’t needed since it only protects in low speed impact… and Nismo got miffed because he feels those statements are ill-advised and not altogether responsible.

I’m not taking sides… I’m just stating my interpretation of what was posted.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:51 PM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I hadn't been to this site in a while and this thread has done a fantastic job of reminding me why.
Your 3 posts will be missed.......
Old 04-01-2009, 08:41 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
Your 3 posts will be missed.......
Old 04-02-2009, 05:15 PM
RudeG_v2.0
でたらめ検出器

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The JWT system utilizes better turbo's than the Garrett ones GTM has, and the JWT kit will be by far superior to the GTM kit. The kit from JWT is a complete, worry free kit, that comes with the JWT reputation behind it.

They have been working on the kit for the HR for the past couple of months. The last I heard is that they are in the final moch up stage. We should see official news in a month or so about the kit.

edit: the link on the other page said the release is early summer, so save your pennies guys.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/news.asp

Here's the link and the pics for your convenience.