Notices

GTM Performance Engineering 370Z SUPERCHARGER KIT PRESS RELEASE

Old 03-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GTM Performance Engineering 370Z SUPERCHARGER KIT PRESS RELEASE

We are please to announce the GTM supercharger system for the 370Z. Our GTM supercharger system will be utilizing the Rotrex C38 supercharger, The Key to the Rotrex supercharger is unique compactness, efficiency, low noise and reliability and its state of the art traction drive technology.

Great speeds and low noise are just some of the advantages of traction drives over traditional gear transmissions. Traction drives transmit power through friction forces between its rolling elements.

The Rotrex traction drive uses an elastic annulus with a small pre-span to secure contact between the roller planets and the sun shaft with a reasonable force. The patented "ramp effect" increases efficiency and reliability in the transmission by regulating the torque transfer capability on demand through self-adjusting planet geometry.

To enhance performance, the Rotrex traction drive uses a special traction fluid. These fluids are a new family of synthetic hydrocarbon oils and greases offering a series of unique performance advantages. Developed specially for its use in Rotrex superchargers, the SX100 momentarily increases viscosity under high surface pressure, enhancing the traction drive performance by securing the optimum friction between rolling elements while cooling and protecting the system.

This traction drive combined with the latest technology in centrifugal compression, characterized by high adiabatic efficiency and low noise, gives Rotrex superchargers an exceptional competitive edge over any other forced induction solution.

The GTM Supercharger kit will Have four different Rotrex compressors to chose from: C38-61 Trim,C38-71 trim, C38-81 trim,C38-91. Combined with our custom compressor housing we will offer three different stages .

Stage zero up to 450 HP (carb approval pending)
Stage one up to 500 HP
Stage two up to 525 HP
Stage three up to 550 HP

All of our Supercharger kits are available in two forms. The tuner kit form, so the professional and the end user have the flexibility of choosing what ever fuel and engine management they may desire and feel comfortable using. The second option being a complete kit including fuel and engine management solutions. With that being said, GTM will also offer an extensive range of fuel system and engine management modules to go with our Supercharger kits.

Below is a description of all the components of the kit :

-Rotrex C38 supercharger
-GTM compressor housing
-GTM Supercharger Billet aluminum brackets
-GTM billet aluminum Sc pulley
-GTM supercharger cooler kit
-Rotrex Supercharger Traction fluid
-4-Ply High Resistance Nomex Silicon couplers
-Stainless Steel T-Bolt clamps
-2.5 x 10 x 24 Bar and Plate Core Intercooler Rated @ 700hp
-Polished aluminum IC Piping
-GTM oil Filter Relocation Kit
-Cold Air Intake System (using k&n filters)
-Bosch Bypass valve
-Pre-made steel braided oil and P.S Supply & Return lines
-All Necessary Hardware and Installation Instructions
-GTM Custom mapped plug-in And play engine management for optimum engine tune and power .
-GTM Basic fuel system with Denso 600cc Injectors and - Walbro 255 Fuel Pump .
-GTM Custom Drive belt By Bando
-GTM Heavy duty Belt idlers

Some Key points about the GTM supercharger kit

After literally installing and tuning every supercharger kit available for the VQ platform and seeing their short comings, we got the inspiration to develop a kit superior to all others. Problems with the other kits that we wanted to address with our own include: not supplying a descent amount of power, belt breakage and slippage, obnoxious gear lash noises, limited power expansion and lack of the OEM look. Some of the key things we did to achieve our goal are:

SUPERCHARGER NOISE : We chose the Rotrex unit, a very QUIET supercharger compared to anything else on the market .

SUPERCHARGER BRACKETS : Our supercharger bracket is 3 dimensional made out of of thick billet aluminum to prevent any flexing, we also mounted the supercharger unit as close as possible to the engine to limit the amount of flex possible, as well as keep the belt length down between pulleys.

BELT AND TENSIONER DESIGN : We have over 80% belt wrap on our supercharger's pulley and with utilizing the factory automatic belt tensioner over or under tightening is simply not possible.

POWER EXPANSION : Changing the pulley on the super charger is less then 20 mints job

AESTHETICS : The GTM Supercharger kit maintain the clean oem look

ENGINE MANAGEMENT: With using the GTM flash we are to able to maintain the OEM drive ability so the car will run like stock, only with a lot more power .

POWER DELIVERY : The GTM supercharger is best bang for the Buck out of the box

Here is the pics of the GTM SUPERCHARGER KIT and some of its major components

Here is the pics of the GTM SUPERCHARGER KIT install process

HERE IS THE POWER OUTPUT OF STAGE 1 SUPERCHARGER KIT

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 03-02-2010 at 08:42 PM.
Old 03-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

VIDEO'S OF THE KIT IN
ACTION

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ueIeB1YEjgc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ueIeB1YEjgc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jpDwuKeZYdc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jpDwuKeZYdc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zc9N9xF2h_s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zc9N9xF2h_s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

PRICING

We are currently excepting pre-orders for a introductory Price of 4995.00 and for a limited time only .

Sam

Last edited by Sam@GTM; 03-02-2010 at 08:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ttreber (09-11-2015)
Old 03-03-2010, 04:10 AM
MDHRZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sweet! So I can get the Stage 3 tuner kit at the $4995.00 introductory price?

Last edited by MDHRZ; 03-03-2010 at 04:22 AM.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:29 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Very easy looking install, and not a bad price wow.
Old 03-03-2010, 04:38 AM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
Very easy looking install
+1

Looks like the motor doesn't need to be pulled out. DIY project.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:24 PM
tylerxfire

so can u explain the tune a little more, every car is not the same and different exhaust mods and all are going to play a factor, so for example me living in ny state what would i do for my tune with ur complete kit? or would i be better off with a tuner kit
Old 03-05-2010, 04:45 AM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
so can u explain the tune a little more, every car is not the same and different exhaust mods and all are going to play a factor, so for example me living in ny state what would i do for my tune with ur complete kit? or would i be better off with a tuner kit
I've always wondered the same thing. Personally, I would only use the GTM tune as way to get to a shop to have it dyno tuned.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:36 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by MDHRZ
I've always wondered the same thing. Personally, I would only use the GTM tune as way to get to a shop to have it dyno tuned.
yeah theres no way i would go with that tune for a premanent basis, id use it for a temporary tune to get to the dyno, but that tune is for any car and kinda random or most likely for a stock z such as the turbonetics reflash does..idk but i know i would want my own solid dyno tune for my car and not just a tune that is the same for all cars that put the kit on no matter what other mods they have because it would not be perfect and power and safety would be left on the table..

Can the kit be purchased without the ems only? or is there anyone on the east coast to take it to get a fine tune?

Last edited by tylerxfire; 03-05-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:03 AM
MDHRZ

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
Can the kit be purchased without the ems only? or is there anyone on the east coast to take it to get a fine tune?
Hopefully they offer a tuner kit as well. Plenty of places on the East Coast to have it tuned. Depends how far you are willing to go. I'm pretty sure there are some shops in NY. Z1 and Vinny Ten?
Old 03-05-2010, 09:40 AM
tylerxfire

Originally Posted by MDHRZ
Hopefully they offer a tuner kit as well. Plenty of places on the East Coast to have it tuned. Depends how far you are willing to go. I'm pretty sure there are some shops in NY. Z1 and Vinny Ten?
yeah i know of shops that tune, but im saying a shop that will be able to tune the gtm plug n play ems they are offering with the kit, shops only tune certain ems's...vinny ten is where i was tuned, he tunes ss box and hydra ems but would not be able to do anything with the gtm flash or pulg n play unit whatever is being used with the complete kit here..If this kit can be purchased as a tuner kit withouth the ems a similar setup to the vortech kit with fmu, inline pump and ss box could be used and tuned at vinny ten, but i am curious if there is somewhere around that could tune the gtm software that a complete kit would come with

Last edited by tylerxfire; 03-05-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:40 AM
tylerxfire

and Z1 does not tune
Old 03-05-2010, 10:02 AM
MDHRZ

Ok, gotcha. I figured you already knew that . No GTM tuner's that I know of.

Last edited by MDHRZ; 03-05-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:55 PM
tylerxfire

is this uprev software for tuning?
Old 04-01-2010, 01:37 PM
Lakeside

I'm sure Performance Motorsports could handle it. They are installing GTM turbo kits and Dyno tune using UpRev. Which can be used with this kit. Should not be a problem for them.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:43 PM
tylerxfire

^^yeah i hear that, but i am wondering what the actual ems is that comes with the turn key kit? it says gtm plug n play but i read someone else was saying it is uprev software in another thread...i want to know exactly what the ems is so i know who can tune it..if it is uprev that gives quite a few places but if it just gtm that can tune the software that does nothing for me or you
Old 04-01-2010, 04:43 PM
tylerxfire

we would need a tuner kit without ems and to use uprev or another ems if that is the case that it is a gtm tuning ems only
Old 04-01-2010, 05:08 PM
Lakeside

I think they are just using UpRev! Anything else would be costly. UpRev has been used many times over on GTM TT HR kits. I personally will stick with UpRev when I boost.

Sam will clarify I'm sure.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:25 PM
ADMAN

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

Very nice, guys.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:50 AM
dbsears

Can you explain the power characteristics of the different stages? Is the stage 2 good for 10-12psi? Would they be efficient at these levels on a 350HR?

Last edited by dbsears; 05-14-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:51 PM
Dajersyrat

Any updates on this?