Notices
Puerto Rico San Juan, Carolina, Guayama

Upcomming trip to Puerto Rico

Old 05-13-2011, 04:10 AM
Jgrizzle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upcomming trip to Puerto Rico

I just had a quick question and I figured what better place to get it answered than somewhere where people would know the answer.

The question:
How long will it take to drive from Rincon to San Juan at the following times:

2-3 in the morning
Mid day
Late evening.

Im trying to make some travel plans but I have no clue what the driving is like PR.

Thanks for you help guys.

~jonathan
Old 05-13-2011, 07:59 PM
fire_boy16

Well like everywhere, it depends on your driving speed!! but at 65mph, midday and late evening it should take you aprox 1 hour and 30 min, give or take... at 2 or 3 in the morning you can floor it haha if you don't get caught, it can take you about an hour.

Last edited by fire_boy16; 05-13-2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

Yup the highway's are usually clear but I believe your going to have to all the way around the west side of the island to stay on a highway... as opposed to just going South West. So pretty much you take the 22 west to PR 2 and take PR 115 south the scenic tour down to Rincon. Are you going surfing?
Old 05-13-2011, 10:51 PM
pablos Z

it'll take about 2 hours if you take the north route
and driving is NOT chaotic you'll see when you get behind the wheel lol
are you coming here to go surfing scuba diving?
there are plenty of thing to do from hang gliding, sky diving, and zip lining, apart from exploring the rivers and tropical rain forest.

Last edited by pablos Z; 05-13-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:33 AM
Jgrizzle

Thanks for the info guys.

Im coming down for a wedding. My Girlfriend wants to go see the rain forest. Im looking forward to doing some surfing. All in all I cant wait to come to PR and just relax and enjoy a vacation.

Ive always wanted to see PR. This is going to be great.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:41 AM
ZS14RR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

puerto rico is nice. went there last year...big booty bishes FTW! & Gasolina make sure you get some of that for youre wedding.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by Jgrizzle
Thanks for the info guys.

Im coming down for a wedding. My Girlfriend wants to go see the rain forest. Im looking forward to doing some surfing. All in all I cant wait to come to PR and just relax and enjoy a vacation.

Ive always wanted to see PR. This is going to be great.
Dude...

Bioluminescent Bay in Fajardo which is amazing:
You go in groups to a lagoon via Kayak(at night of course) that has microorganisms that gives off a flash of energy(light) when agitated. You need to book it in advance so if your on the East side of the Island.. you NEED to do this. There's only 3 places in the world that have this year around and 2 of them are in PR... the other is in Japan.

Cuevas de Camuy (Caves of Camuy):
Its a cave system tour which is pretty cool and you also get to witness a cave that has the deepest river in all of PR flowing under the caves.

Biggest Radio Telescope in the world (007 Golden eye was filmed there):
This is boring but very impressive to see.

El Morro in Old San Juan:
this was a Fort that the Spanish built back in the day... awsome site to see.

Vieques:
A Gorgeous island off the cost of PR which was once used as a live fire area until the Naval Base was closed. You can take a ferry there early in the morning, the water is crystal clear and the beaches are amazing... probably better than anything on the mainland.

El Yunque:
Thats the rain forest your girl wants to visit... you can start at the 1/2 way point but the trails that start on the bottom actually put you about 8kms(IIRC) south east of the summit. If you start a little further up you'll get to the water falls that people like to jump into so bring a bathing suit and extra cloths. Most people think the end of the trail is about 3/4's of the way up... you'll see a sign to the right and CONTINUE up, you'll pass a communications tower and you'll follow a winding trail to the left. You'll finally be at the peak.. which is marked by a small spanish made structure with a cross in the floor. If the cloud cover is gone(afternoon) you can see all the way to San Juan, Fajardo, and whats the called the 3 heads of San Juan(national preserve... amazing place to go but you need to make an appt.).

I would suggest you bring little snacks, water, and a 1st aid kit for minor scrapes. BE CAREFUL of Mongoose... I saw one the last time and who know's if they're rabid. No big snakes or wild animals(Bears, big cats, poisonous snakes) inhabit the island... except for Monkey's and Caimans but I doubt you'll run into either where your going.

You can party in the Condado which is right outside San Juan which has clubs and bars.

I go all the time... all my family still lives there.

FOOD:

Arroz con Gandules(Rice and pigeon peas) is very popular and so is Mofongo. Mofongo is fried plantains, garlic, pork rinds and sometimes onions.. which are mashed up in a Pilon(wood bowl) and served with Pork, Steak, Seafood.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:09 AM
AmnCruzie

Bioluminescent bay is in viequez... Just saying
Old 08-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by AmnCruzie
Bioluminescent bay is in viequez... Just saying
Nope not correct, Google is your friend. La Parguera and Fajardo are 2 other places on the Island that have bioluminescent waters. I'm Puerto Rican and spend a lot of time there to include having a beach apartment in Serro Gordo with the parents, my whole family still lives there. Trust me... don't argue this.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:51 PM
AmnCruzie

I grew up on the island bro, until I was 18 and only left cuz I joined military. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about, Bahia Mosquito in Viequez... Look it up. It's THE biggest Bio bay in the world, bigger than the other ones on the main island. I've been there, it's waaay more impressive than the one in Fajardo and the one in La Parguera (which I've also been to, on many occasions). La Parguera isn't really all that bioluminescent. It glows but not much. And when you swim in the one at Parguera, there's little buggers that eat the micro-organisms, that'll also try and eat you. It's very itchy. If you think the one in Fajardo is the bomb and have never been to the one in vieques, go... it'll blow your mind away
Old 08-07-2011, 01:53 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by AmnCruzie
I grew up on the island bro, until I was 18 and only left cuz I joined military. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about, Bahia Mosquito in Viequez... Look it up. It's THE biggest Bio bay in the world, bigger than the other ones on the main island. I've been there, it's waaay more impressive than the one in Fajardo and the one in La Parguera (which I've also been to, on many occasions). La Parguera isn't really all that bioluminescent. It glows but not much. And when you swim in the one at Parguera, there's little buggers that eat the micro-organisms, that'll also try and eat you. It's very itchy. If you think the one in Fajardo is the bomb and have never been to the one in vieques, go... it'll blow your mind away
I can't argue that fact at all... I've been to the one on Viequez once and it was gorgeous. La Parguera is the one I least enjoyed but Fajardo was nice because you get to canoe into the mangroves to arrive at the protected area. The only one's worth going to are Fajardo and Viequez but Viequez isn't the only one though, that's what I was saying.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:04 AM
AmnCruzie

Oh yeah I know and totally agree. Fajardo is nice, and I know Viequez isn't the only one. I just always recommend it becuase it's the one with the most bioluminescence, and viequez in general has some of the better beaches.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:03 AM
DaveJackson
Master

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Recently saw the Drugs Inc. episode on Puerto Rico... That's not going to bring a flood of tourists anytime, soon.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:24 PM
pablos Z

its not all that bad