Notices

Which method do you use when washing your much loved Z?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 01:51 PM
jcrow

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Which method do you use when washing your much loved Z?

There's two main methods I have heard of. The top to bottom method and the bottom to top method. I personally like the top to bottom method for the simple fact of I don't want to run dirt over an already washed area of the vehicle, however my wife likes the bottom to top method as it allows you to see what is already washed and a less experienced detailer will have less missed spots. With the top to bottom method an experienced detailer wont have many if any missed spots either it just takes remembering where you have and haven't washed, I use the body lines to help me remember.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:36 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,290 Likes on 894 Posts

Wait- you get your wife to help wash your Z? Incredible!

My preferred method is to rinse the Z to loosen any dirt on the finish, and use a separate scrub brush to clean the wheels and tires. Then it's on to applying automotive suds to the paint itself and gently brushing any contamination away while applying clean rinse water. After that, it's clay, polish and seal from top-to-bottom.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:21 PM
HRMoneyPit

Received 268 Likes on 218 Posts

I don't lol
Old 03-06-2017, 05:45 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

i ***** wash it (spray off only) at car wash if really nasty, then two bucket method with ONR, wheels last with completely different cloths