Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

UPDATED!! GT MOTORSPORTS Sets the bar! VQ35DE 855RWHP @ 22 PSI

Old 02-21-2007, 07:54 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Alberto
Quicksilver-Your thinking about the non corrected being best when discussing Dyno Dynamics-as most DD shop owners put the Dynojet BS correction on their numbers. In a Dynojet case, I wouldnt be interested in non corrected actual numbers as it has been mentioned, on a cold day #'s can be way up and on a hot day down. On a Dyno DYnamics I prefer seeing 1.00/STD correction, on a Dynojet Id like to see SAE or STD....
Yah man i was not refering at all to dyno dynamics but the dynojet in this case.
So with your point of dynojet uncorrected not as meaningfull as uncorrected in dynodynamics...then why not post the industry standad SAE correction. I.E. the one almost everybody uses.

Just saw you ninja edit:
"Sam likely chose STD correction because like Sharif mentioned the correction added to the actual numbers isnt as "stingy" as SAE and you can compare between STD #'s on a Dynojet to STD #'s on a Dyno Dynamics-like Sharif runs. Even then on my car at 15psi I dyno'd 40whp higher on a Dynojet, using the same correction."

well that makes no sense to use STD correction in a dynojet when it still reads so much lower than a dynodynamics with STD. Whats the comparison point then for whp. just as you clearly showed in you dyno graphs.
Again i just wanna hear why he choose in the dynojet STD over SAE when SAE is the one mostly used and it would probably take the 800 whp claim away (for NOW, again i dont doubt his abilities i am sure he can get it there no matter what or no correction used)

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 02-21-2007 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 08:32 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No worries...its easy to get caught up in all the verbiage. Our dyno uses STD atmospheric correction. But due the manner in which our dyno measures trq and power, the number is going to be lower than a DynoJet running STD correction, OR SAE correction. It's just a number...at the end of the day. Some dynos allow the operator to select the various correction types, but ours locks us into STD correction, and we dont have any other options.

The BS correction that Alberto speaks of, is an arbitrary correction, in order to simulate a DJ number. We never use this type of correction on our dyno.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Acree

EDIT. I just read the very post and answered my own question. Thanks. Grats on the numbers.

-Acree
Old 02-21-2007, 01:02 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by Acree
EDIT. I just read the very post and answered my own question. Thanks. Grats on the numbers.

-Acree

So Sam:
Can we see the SAE corrected dynosheets??
Old 02-21-2007, 01:11 PM
Devil Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So if a car is tuned . . . if one uses a Dynojet and the other a Dyno Dynamics and both reads say 400whp . . . the car on the Dyno Dynamics would be reading higher on a Dynojet? (using corrected numbers).

Thanks as I know nothing about dynos except not to use the godly Scott Performance dyno LOL.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:20 PM
IIQuickSilverII

its jsut a tool. if scotss dyno reads high, the the who numbers might be well representative but if the a/f reads good then it can be used for tunning, just be aware that you are using inflated whp numbers.

Which, back to this thread, is why i ask for ther SAE numbers since STD are the most inflated ones of all.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:45 PM
Devil Z

No no . . . Scott's has been proven to read somewhere between 100-200whp higher than anyone else's.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:48 PM
IIQuickSilverII

hahaha
thats the overkill of inflated...

enoguh with the OT plz
Old 02-22-2007, 02:55 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

Originally Posted by IIQuickSilverII
yes T
sharif and kyle mentioned that already... and that why i said better to just post uncorrected and then the temp comdition, and not let any correction take part of the thing and make this more debatable, i mean it would either take away the 800 whp claim or make it higher...

in any case as a friend said whp numbers dont mean anything to the true exhibition of power of the car is at the track!
1- You are turning this thread into a dyno debate, which is not cool.

2- you are making it sound like we are deliberately inflating our dyno numbers on a DYNOJET for crying out loud and I really don't appreciate that

3- go ahead and find one single dyno graph from us that we show any different correction other than STD, you won't, as a mater of fact that correction has never been changed on our dyno since day one, 7 years a go, and we are definitely not going to do this now (simply don't care) sorry

4- dynos are tools to gauge performance so to play the correction game on the internet and change it around , does not make any sense it will only confuse people and make this thread more complicated for no reason.

5-the power we achieved was a celebration and accomplishment for all of us in this community not only GT Motorsports, and we are not in a competition to have the highest dyno graph out there. It is only a matter of time before someone will go beyond the 855whp that we made (standard correction) there are some other promising projects out there that I think will do even better, the MRC project comes to mind.

6- Now go ahead and debate this graph, 855rwhp and 820rwhp at 22psi on 105 octane (unleaded), Standard Correction.

regards,

Sam

GT Motorsports

Overlay with previous dyno. Standard Correction:
Old 02-22-2007, 02:58 AM
Sam@GTM
Sponsor
GT Motorsports

To everyone else that has been following this thread with out going Off Topic BIGTIME, what we did to fix the top end power loss was clean up the A/F ratio, add a bit more time (as we said before the drop off was due to timing be TOO conservative) and a little more boost as you can see. Engine feels strong and solid.

Stay tuned.....

sam
Old 02-22-2007, 03:11 AM
dutchboy

Amazing power curves. Keep up the good work. I can't believe you are up this early (or late?).
Old 02-22-2007, 03:14 AM
siua

Sick work man! Wouldn't wanna mess with that Z on the street!!!
Old 02-22-2007, 04:46 AM
tig488

getting sicker and sicker, great job guys.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:33 AM
Dubai

ahh getting closer and closer to hit 4 digits. Great job guys!
Old 02-22-2007, 05:43 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by Sam@GTM
1- You are turning this thread into a dyno debate, which is not cool.
no, the entire time in mentioned how awsome the power curves looked and gave you porps on the excellent work ont he car
2- you are making it sound like we are deliberately inflating our dyno numbers on a DYNOJET for crying out loud and I really don't appreciate that
I simple asked why you used STD instead of SAE when almost everybody else uses SAE, and its no secret STD reads higher generally. Never called you a lier ot anything, nor comparing to other shops that DO show inflated number no matter what correction. I dont think the numbers are inflated but you are just using the correction that shows the highest numbers and thats fine, i am just sayign industry standard is SAE, other shops for other cars supras, R34s use SAE, so why not stay with SAE.

3- go ahead and find one single dyno graph from us that we show any different correction other than STD, you won't, as a mater of fact that correction has never been changed on our dyno since day one, 7 years a go, and we are definitely not going to do this now (simply don't care) sorry
okey, its your choice and its fine, just wondered why you choose that, not asking you to change it. Nobody dissagrees with your job quality or antyhing, just asking why you choose std from sae from the beigning.

4- dynos are tools to gauge performance so to play the correction game on the internet and change it around , does not make any sense it will only confuse people and make this thread more complicated for no reason.
I already said that whp numbers mean nothing unless you can put it on the ground at the track. Why would it confused poeple to say that you have a 800 whp car on STD correction, 760s on SAE and so on depending on which correction you pick.

5-the power we achieved was a celebration and accomplishment for all of us in this community not only GT Motorsports, and we are not in a competition to have the highest dyno graph out there. It is only a matter of time before someone will go beyond the 855whp that we made (standard correction) there are some other promising projects out there that I think will do even better, the MRC project comes to mind.
I truly agree, and i said that from my very first post! Congrats.

6- Now go ahead and debate this graph, 855rwhp and 820rwhp at 22psi on 105 octane (unleaded), Standard Correction.
looks good!....the 22 psi increased quit a bit more with the extra fixes on teh a/f you did.... btw are you even close to maxin out the injectors? or is the cjm stage3 close to what it can be maxed out yet?
Old 02-22-2007, 05:44 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Originally Posted by Dubai
ahh getting closer and closer to hit 4 digits. Great job guys!
+1000 i am sure the Z can get there !
Old 02-22-2007, 06:08 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Overlay with previous dyno. Standard Correction:
Amazing results Sam!

I am curious. I know this was brought up earlier in this thread, but by increasing the boost, low RPM TQ decreases. Maybe I missed it, but do you know why it does this?
Is boost moderated at the lower RPM range by the FCON or is there some other dynamic at work?

EDIT: Or am I looking at the overlaid plots correctly?

EDIT2: HAHAHA! Never mind. I looked at the plots more closely. I criss crossed the lines.

Fantastic results!

Last edited by Hydrazine; 02-22-2007 at 06:15 AM.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:10 AM
BrianLG35C

Congrats Sam! Would love to see video of any of these dynos!!
Old 02-22-2007, 07:53 AM
BamBam

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sam, it is looking better and better each time you post more info...

Good job and thanks for putting all that time in (looks like you were up late yet AGAIN last night.. LOL)

I am sure you will continue to work your way up that power curve..
Old 02-22-2007, 08:21 AM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Wow Sam, amazing stuff.... Making me regret not coming over last night...although if I did, you'd make 1000hp, you knaw...'cause i am good luck and all....

Beautiful. You are the man!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UPDATED!! GT MOTORSPORTS Sets the bar! VQ35DE 855RWHP @ 22 PSI