Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:59 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nexx
oh lawd... that cant be for real. good god, did JT figure you would never check your dipstick ever again?
JT once said " Man who change oil every 200 miles no need no dipstick"...........

J/K
Old 09-22-2009, 11:05 AM
doug

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jksstar
its for real
i'm guessing yoru car is the one discussed on this page

https://my350z.com/forum/forced-indu...-tibbs-22.html

opps.. did i post that page? ok keeping out of this once again.. sorry for the outburst
Old 09-22-2009, 11:08 AM
jksstar

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by go-fast
as you guy's know,i don't play favorites.that pic has me asking alot of questions and none of them are good.........was the problem resolved?what did he say when confronted?

I said nothing, after 18 months I just wanted my car, get it back and its all hacked up and needs a paint job also. I took everything out that JT put in and started over.

After everything with JT I don't think I will every take a car I own to a shop again.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:13 AM
XKR

I said nothing, after 18 months I just wanted my car, get it back and its all hacked up and needs a paint job also. I took everything out that JT put in and started over.

After everything with JT I don't think I will every take a car I own to a shop again.
WOW.....Lost for words.....

Here we go again

Sorry to hear ....
Old 09-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by XKR
JT once said " Man who change oil every 200 miles no need no dipstick"...........

J/K
lulz i almost sent my car to him instead of forged... thank goodness i made the right decision, geez.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:29 AM
jksstar

Originally Posted by XKR

Here we go again

Sorry to hear ....
It happens, nothing I can do to get the money back and I will have to pay for the new paint. It does suck and I hate that someone I trusted did this but its all done now and I'm getting my car ready to hit the street again.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:44 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

here you go, custom oil pan built by JT, he told me the oil pan was done and needed no work

Never seen a dipstick on the outside before

I could go on all day but no need.

Just don't understand why people still go to him

damm... no further comment
itbl?
Old 09-22-2009, 11:54 AM
doug

no lock.. not till Jon's problems are resolved
Old 09-22-2009, 12:04 PM
zul8r

yeah tis funny how the threads just "disappeared"...no worries vinny will be retuning my car in a few weeks with a new motor so it'll be back in the game...2 years later. Thanks jt
Old 09-22-2009, 12:07 PM
zul8r

Originally Posted by XKR

Here we go again

Sorry to hear ....
sorry to hear man, saw your car shoved in the back of the shop back when I went down to pf to check on the "progress" jeremy supposedly made(didnt even order the parts meanwhile told me the car was about to be tuned). Best of luck bro!
Old 09-22-2009, 12:10 PM
jksstar

Originally Posted by zul8r
sorry to hear man, saw your car shoved in the back of the shop back when I went down to pf to check on the "progress" jeremy supposedly made(didnt even order the parts meanwhile told me the car was about to be tuned). Best of luck bro!

its ok, it will be alot faster when I'm done then JT could have every made it. I'm just glad he never asked me for more money because at the time I would have sent it down. Live and learn
Old 09-22-2009, 12:47 PM
JZurita

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doug
no lock.. not till Jon's problems are resolved
+1

But please, let's try to keep this on topic, guys. As much as I'd like to speak my mind, I really don't want this thread to disappear before the results are in.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:35 PM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by JTinFL
If anything happened 1.5 years later and thousands of miles, I would have to say that it would be either starvation of oil or a major overboosting issue. I would like to see what the cause of the engine failure would be.

The owner of the car posted up about having boost control issues and told me it was overboosting like crazy when he had some other electical issues. If there is anything I can help him out with, please contact me. Thanks.
Originally Posted by Joe@Sage
The problem is we paid for a specific parts to be used and when V T R opened up the motor those parts were not used, heads only had springs installed, stock bearings,lots of issues. And as far as dyno #s they could not have been correct, the build was not capable of producing 670 rwhp .
Also we did have problems way before 4000 miles but P F was out of business when JT went to aam we brought the car there for another tune and issues with the clutch that was installed but it did not help much, it was a bad build. I am not going to get into a big debate with people that have no idea what went on .
I understand being in business in this economy is a tuff deal and their financial troubles lead to problems getting parts, towards the end of the build we visited PF and sent money directly to the vendor to get the kit and other parts to finish up the car.
It was wrong, place wrong time for us. We will have to try and do it again this time at the right place.
Originally Posted by JZurita
Who is pointing fingers? I'm still patiently waiting for answers. I'll remember to record vids of the tear down process.

FYI: I still have vids of my block when I first received it. And no, they are not good ones. In fact, they may very well take the builder out of the automotive performance market for a long time. Could I post the vid on this thread and let it speak for itself? Yes, but I wouldn't do that until I find out exactly what happened. There is always more to the story than you think.
• Built Long Block by Performance Factory, Orlando, FL

o JE "Untouchable" Dual Coated 8.8 to 1 Compression Pistons
o Eagle Rods
o HKS Head Gasket
o ARP L19s Head Studs
o ARP Main Studs
o Jim Wolf Technology C2 Cams
o Jim Wolf Technology Springs & Shims

• Greddy 18G Twin Turbo Kit
• Greddy Front Mount Intercooler
• Greddy EVO TT True Dual Exhaust
• PF 2.5” Downpipes
• CJ Motorsports Stage 2 Return Fuel System
• Deatschwerks 600cc Injectors
• Jim Wolf Technology Heavy Duty Clutch
• Jim Wolf Technology Lightweight Flywheel
• HKS EVC6 Boost Controller
• TurboXS UTEC
Originally Posted by Motormouth
fixed.

and I'm just gonna go out on a limb and say, I called this.
basically we all have negative thoughts about JT, but we keep them quiet because it looks like we were all out to get him.. that and he has matt protecting him.. any oportunity he gets the thread disappears or someone is banned..
Originally Posted by Joe@Sage
Should be interesting when I contacted J T he dismissed vinnys findings on our motor as they are competitors so vinny was trying to make him look bad .I know vinny for 5 years now and you would be hard pressed to find a more stand up guy he calls it like he sees it ,and the parts that were paid for and not used ,and poor assembelly speaks for it self.
Originally Posted by zul8r
We have started a few threads on my car, but of course they were deleted. The whole ordeal with jt was a nightmare. I can thank my car being sidelined for the past year as well as losing out on a large amount of our money to jt and pf. We will never go to anyone other than vinny and of course our shop SAGE
yeah.. when someone dared me to find 10 cars with over 600whp i searched for their PowerLab thread and couldn't find it.. the even deleted their build thread.. but i said nothing.. as i am still saying nothing
Originally Posted by go-fast
as you guy's know,i don't play favorites.that pic has me asking alot of questions and none of them are good.........was the problem resolved?what did he say when confronted?

It happens, nothing I can do to get the money back and I will have to pay for the new paint. It does suck and I hate that someone I trusted did this but its all done now and I'm getting my car ready to hit the street again.
wow, i had to re-read the thread to catch back up.....
above are some "cliff notes" so far i guess..........shlt.....i jsut hate seeing guys not only loosing money but dreams as a result of someone elses fail....

+1

But please, let's try to keep this on topic, guys. As much as I'd like to speak my mind, I really don't want this thread to disappear before the results are in.
please post more info when you can...sage needs his own thread too apparently.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:43 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by Nexx
lulz i almost sent my car to him instead of forged... thank goodness i made the right decision, geez.
I see

+1

I feel like Doug is holding something in <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y8Kyi0WNg40&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y8Kyi0WNg40&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by XKR; 09-22-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:24 PM
go-fast
Banned

Originally Posted by XKR

I feel like Doug is holding something in
i prefer the kill bill remix

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/54vtXRI32MQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=pl ayer_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/54vtXRI32MQ&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=pl ayer_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by go-fast; 09-22-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:07 AM
jksstar

+1

Thats why I only posted one pic., don't want this to get locked. I won't post anymore.

Last edited by jksstar; 09-23-2009 at 06:25 AM.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:16 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

+1

Estimated time till results??
Old 09-23-2009, 09:23 AM
JZurita

Thats why I only posted one pic., don't want this to get locked. I won't post anymore.
It’s cool man, that pic actually made me more anxious for the results.

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Estimated time till results??
VTR said they’re pulling the motor today. I’m driving down Saturday to witness the teardown.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:30 AM
XKR

VTR said they’re pulling the motor today. I’m driving down Saturday to witness the teardown.
Dont forget now...."Acorn" style videos please...Dont let Vinny know you have him on video

Last edited by XKR; 09-23-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:56 PM
doug

today is the day

Quick Reply: Jzurita's Build "Nightmare that became a dream" 590whp 93 octane