Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

Forged Performance: Insane 350z Roadster Build...quest for the FI's Top 5

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 05:52 AM
XKR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrkplatt
XKR, do you know anyone running this TC system? The Launch Control and Full Throttle Shift features look bad a!$... Would be interesting to know if anyone has experience with using these featurs of the RaceLogic system.
Yes.... There are 2 to 3 members on here that have it.... But the names are buried in my long azz thread There is a company on here that sells it as a PnP.... But that info is also in my thread Hopefully someone remembers the company name.

I have driven a Vette with it.... And it's crazy how fast it reacts. There are three high end cars that comes with it stock from the factory.
Old 12-07-2010, 06:14 AM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

GTM used to (maybe just advertised) have a a PnP version but doesn't look like it anymore (http://www.gtmotorsports.com/product...3&cat=0&page=1) The original company that made the harness was from the UK. Here's the info https://my350z.com/forum/8125623-post52.html and here http://www.advancedme.co.uk/AME/Whatsnew.html

you can do launch control with most of the EMS's to a degree (boost by speed, boost by slip, 2 step, antilag....) and you can buy no lift to shift modules for about 80$ from kptechnologies.

Since the racelogic may/may not be readily available as PnP, i'd build 1st and then see if you need that complexity. With Forged's extensive racing experience, they can setup your suspension, corner balance etc which can nail alot of traction issues.

Last edited by str8dum1; 12-07-2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:30 AM
XKR

Yeah.....I forgot that GTM sells it......

Also....I do agree he should wait until the car is finished before getting it.....BUT...he should go with the ID anyway just in case.........I wish I did
Old 12-07-2010, 09:02 AM
Blwn_By_Twins

I haven't paid much attention to the EMS's lately, but I thought I saw somewhere that the ProEFI had TC. Why wouldn't you just buy that instead of a FCON or whatever then spend another $3300 on that TC unit, unless obviously you already have a EMS.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:25 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by Blwn_By_Twins
I haven't paid much attention to the EMS's lately, but I thought I saw somewhere that the ProEFI had TC. Why wouldn't you just buy that instead of a FCON or whatever then spend another $3300 on that TC unit, unless obviously you already have a EMS.
he is going with the ems his tuner picked......plus...the tc is $1200 to $1500
Old 12-07-2010, 09:34 AM
str8dum1

and the GTM price includes install and tuning. it could be quite labor extensive to get a TC dialed in just right. Look how much people b-tch about the stock VDC.
Old 12-07-2010, 09:45 AM
bbs350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was under the assumption that the fcon had all these capabilities such as boost build (not sure if you can select gear specific boost) but also thought it had traction control as well. xkr, i assume you swapped in a 3.3 fd, how much power and what tires are you using that you get so much wheelspin?
Old 12-07-2010, 10:54 AM
XKR

Originally Posted by bbs350z
i was under the assumption that the fcon had all these capabilities such as boost build (not sure if you can select gear specific boost) but also thought it had traction control as well. xkr, i assume you swapped in a 3.3 fd, how much power and what tires are you using that you get so much wheelspin?
Yes...the Fcon can be setup for that from what I was told....Yes it would help a little...

I did not swap my final gear......and on my lowest settings I am a little over 600whp on DD and close to 690 on DJ if my memory serves me correctly.

Yokohama sent me a Zero rated tire for me to try.....when its worm it works well....but they wont last 2K miles.

I am 100% sure the RaceLogic TC will fix the problem...because I have driven a car with the same kind of power on crappy tires and I could not spin the car.

After speaking to Ryan about the OP,s car.....they feel that his setup will not react the same way and will give the OPs car better traction at higher boost. Its not my whp thats causing my issue...its the dramatic ramp up.

Last edited by XKR; 12-07-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:28 AM
mrkplatt

Originally Posted by XKR
Yes...the Fcon can be setup for that from what I was told....Yes it would help a little...

I did not swap my final gear......and on my lowest settings I am a little over 600whp on DD and close to 690 on DJ if my memory serves me correctly.

Yokohama sent me a Zero rated tire for me to try.....when its worm it works well....but they wont last 2K miles.

I am 100% sure the RaceLogic TC will fix the problem...because I have driven a car with the same kind of power on crappy tires and I could not spin the car.

After speaking to Ryan about the OP,s car.....they feel that his setup will not react the same way and will give the OPs car better traction at higher boost. Its not my whp thats causing my issue...its the dramatic ramp up.

I appreciate the input from you and the others who have gone before me! I had the same conversation with Ryan about your "dramatic ramp up", and agree with you and Rich that it is probably best to hold of on the complexity of the TC System until I actually see if I need it! Only downside is, getting work done at Forged will never be easier than now...
Old 12-07-2010, 02:18 PM
XKR

Originally Posted by mrkplatt
I appreciate the input from you and the others who have gone before me! I had the same conversation with Ryan about your "dramatic ramp up", and agree with you and Rich that it is probably best to hold of on the complexity of the TC System until I actually see if I need it! Only downside is, getting work done at Forged will never be easier than now...
Kool.... Are you going with ID injectors?? If you end up having to get the TC and you have the ID already installed....PnP will be easy
Old 12-07-2010, 02:28 PM
Blwn_By_Twins

Originally Posted by str8dum1
and the GTM price includes install and tuning. it could be quite labor extensive to get a TC dialed in just right. Look how much people b-tch about the stock VDC.
Aaa, didn't catch that. I thought it was $3300 just for the unit.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:08 PM
bbs350z

Originally Posted by XKR
any reason behind this? from my understanding your car is set up for a certain class correct?

also have a recent dyno sheet i can check out or a compressor map?
Old 12-07-2010, 03:39 PM
str8dum1

you wont find a compressor map because GTM makes their own hybrid turbos.
This is Mikes curve from forged (same tune that made 1006 on the dynojet)

you can see the difference the extra 13% displacement and smaller turbine housing makes between a 4.0L and a 3.5L in mine and XKR's build. He does rolling burnouts at 80mph. I was doin them at 100

Mark's powerband should be somewhere between the 2, much closer to XKR's though.

Last edited by str8dum1; 12-07-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:36 PM
ToastZ

Great thread! Enjoying reading this one while waiting on my plane. Looking forward to seeing this car at zdayz if that is in the owners plans

Mike still owes Raj a steak dinner for not being able to feather the throttle on 1000hp vs. 600hp ))))

Ryan has promised to bring his monster this year and I have promised sharif mine is getting a tune before May, but I doubt it will be enough after reading this, nice build !!!!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:06 PM
mrkplatt

Originally Posted by XKR
Kool.... Are you going with ID injectors?? If you end up having to get the TC and you have the ID already installed....PnP will be easy
Still discussing this. Apparently the reaction time of the ID's is one concern. More to come!
Old 12-07-2010, 07:24 PM
bbs350z

i look forward to meeting you, xkr, and str8 this comin up season, is there still gonna be the airstrip event??
Old 12-08-2010, 03:13 AM
mrkplatt

Originally Posted by ToastZ
Looking forward to seeing this car at zdayz if that is in the owners plans
Would love to make it there one of these years. Maybe this one...
Old 12-08-2010, 03:18 AM
mrkplatt

Originally Posted by str8dum1
you wont find a compressor map because GTM makes their own hybrid turbos.
This is Mikes curve from forged (same tune that made 1006 on the dynojet)

you can see the difference the extra 13% displacement and smaller turbine housing makes between a 4.0L and a 3.5L in mine and XKR's build. He does rolling burnouts at 80mph. I was doin them at 100

Mark's powerband should be somewhere between the 2, much closer to XKR's though.
Thanks for the preview! Looks like ~4000 RPM Launch setting once Mike gets his RaceLogic TC installed! Wish he'd hurry up and let us know how it works out!
Old 12-08-2010, 05:45 PM
ToastZ

Airstrip will be fun this year. I am hoping an etune on the gtr means sharif or I can get my car to go over 147 per the hendersonville sheriff's radar gun. The same radar gun used in the pictures of xkr last year!!!

Here is to hoping the viper owner shows back up, he will likely show up with a better understanding of the challenges facing him based upon last year
Old 12-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by ToastZ
Airstrip will be fun this year. I am hoping an etune on the gtr means sharif or I can get my car to go over 147 per the hendersonville sheriff's radar gun. The same radar gun used in the pictures of xkr last year!!!

Here is to hoping the viper owner shows back up, he will likely show up with a better understanding of the challenges facing him based upon last year
160mph by the first cone is a good stretch goal.

Quick Reply: Forged Performance: Insane 350z Roadster Build...quest for the FI's Top 5