Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

S&R Performance : GamerModz NISMO 350Z 1,000HP Race Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 02:12 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we used factory bearings. I remember we didn't use acl race bearings and others like them because of so many issues we have heard about them.

I was un-aware of the salve cylinder. I looked for aftermarket ones many of times and found nothing. What clutch are you using with them and how does it feel? The Giken triple we use tears up the factory slave and is a pain in the *** to drive on the street.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:56 PM
ace32x

Hmm interesting ive been searching around for hr bearings and acl and cosworth don't have any listed. They just have de bearings. Ya I found it after reading around on the forum here after my slave took a dump on me back in January so ordered one up and solved the problem its pretty heavy duty its worth the money. Running an OS twin atm no problems at all in the street once it was broken in kinda wish I hsd gotten a triple though. Originally wasn't planning on doing the stroker was just going to do a bottom end build and the twin would have sufficed. Have a feeling the twins going to slip with the new set up in the higher rpms ):
Old 07-14-2011, 03:20 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

I never looked to see if acl or anyone did, just noticed quite a few posts of de guys with issues. Wether they spun because of quality, bad specs, etc, who knows. When I asked S&R what they thought about non factory bearings they said the stock bearings would be better for us and work fine for our purpose. This is why I assume they are factory.

I think I remember giken telling me that if I wanted to upgrade mine from a triple to a quad, I could just get another disk, plate and larger housing. If that's the case, maybe going from a twin to a triple will be the same and you won't have to get a whole other clutch set if your current clutch won't hold.

I am not sure what the pedal difference between the twin and triple is on the HR but the triple on the stock slave was literally on or off. Trying to slip it out during acceleration from a dead stop was near impossible. So much so that no one at S&R wanted to be the one to pull it on the dyno or alignment rack.

Can you detail how yours acted prior to the afternarket slave and after? I will find out tomorrow but kind of curious the difference between the feel in the twin vs. The triple.
Old 07-14-2011, 03:26 PM
midz350

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

GAMERMODZoCOM, if you want the the quad, take mine, give yours to ace32x, and since I'm going back to stock, I will take the twin from ace32x
Old 07-14-2011, 04:38 PM
ace32x

Originally Posted by midz350
GAMERMODZoCOM, if you want the the quad, take mine, give yours to ace32x, and since I'm going back to stock, I will take the twin from ace32x
haha sounds like a win for every1!
Old 07-14-2011, 04:42 PM
ace32x

Originally Posted by GAMERMODZoCOM
I never looked to see if acl or anyone did, just noticed quite a few posts of de guys with issues. Wether they spun because of quality, bad specs, etc, who knows. When I asked S&R what they thought about non factory bearings they said the stock bearings would be better for us and work fine for our purpose. This is why I assume they are factory.

I think I remember giken telling me that if I wanted to upgrade mine from a triple to a quad, I could just get another disk, plate and larger housing. If that's the case, maybe going from a twin to a triple will be the same and you won't have to get a whole other clutch set if your current clutch won't hold.

I am not sure what the pedal difference between the twin and triple is on the HR but the triple on the stock slave was literally on or off. Trying to slip it out during acceleration from a dead stop was near impossible. So much so that no one at S&R wanted to be the one to pull it on the dyno or alignment rack.

Can you detail how yours acted prior to the afternarket slave and after? I will find out tomorrow but kind of curious the difference between the feel in the twin vs. The triple.
as far as the clutch, prior if it sat more than a few hours the clutch pedal would just drop to the floor and after multiple pumps it would come back up enough to get in or out of gear. then while driving it would settle to the floor again so i would have to pump it a few times to get enough pressure in it to shift. after the aftermarket slave no issues at pedal felt fine the whole time. the twin sounds like your guys triple and quad just not as extreme, slipped a little but not a whole lot of inbetween
Old 08-15-2011, 02:27 PM
ace32x

so what size tomei cam did you use? the 280? what did you guys set the rev to? curious in the middle of doing my heads atm and dont wanna do to big of a cam with the stroker in there XD was thinking the jwt 264 or somethen
Old 08-15-2011, 03:03 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Originally Posted by ace32x
so what size tomei cam did you use? the 280? what did you guys set the rev to? curious in the middle of doing my heads atm and dont wanna do to big of a cam with the stroker in there XD was thinking the jwt 264 or somethen
We went with the 272. The valves in the heads were so closed together after the install of the valvetrain and head work that we opted for the 272's.

We were reving it to 8,500 but since turned it back down to 8k. We were still making power and we double verified balancing of all the internals, flywheel and clutch so we felt safe with that but I opted to turn it back down till a harmonic balancer was available for the hr. There is now, I just haven't ordered it yet. Once I get it, it will go back to 8,500.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:40 PM
ace32x

Originally Posted by GAMERMODZoCOM
We went with the 272. The valves in the heads were so closed together after the install of the valvetrain and head work that we opted for the 272's.

We were reving it to 8,500 but since turned it back down to 8k. We were still making power and we double verified balancing of all the internals, flywheel and clutch so we felt safe with that but I opted to turn it back down till a harmonic balancer was available for the hr. There is now, I just haven't ordered it yet. Once I get it, it will go back to 8,500.
interesting! might just do the 264s then and leave it at that dont really need the extra 500 rpms for playing XD
Old 08-15-2011, 05:59 PM
GAMERMODZoCOM

Originally Posted by ace32x
interesting! might just do the 264s then and leave it at that dont really need the extra 500 rpms for playing XD
The cam isn't going to affect RPM limit. Goes as big as you like!

Again, the only reason we didn't go larger was because of how close the valves ended up after head work with 2mm over sized valves on the exhaust and 1mm over on intake.
Old 08-15-2011, 10:03 PM
ace32x

im looking to go oversized aswell probably just 1mm per side tho so avoiding too big o cam XD
Old 08-17-2011, 06:06 AM
thom000001

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ace,
Intake manifold means more to revs on these cars than cams..

SP spun their motor to 9k rpm with BC 264's (but with different intake mani).....and the oil pump doesn't really like 9k rpm too..

Tom
Old 08-17-2011, 08:37 AM
ace32x

Originally Posted by thom000001
ace,
Intake manifold means more to revs on these cars than cams..

SP spun their motor to 9k rpm with BC 264's (but with different intake mani).....and the oil pump doesn't really like 9k rpm too..

Tom
no intake manifold for the HR and i dont have the pocket book to have one made currently lol. from everyone i talked to S&R included they said they stock HR composite manifold was the ebst option for anything short if hard tracking the car 6500 + rpms constantly.

As for cams been talking to jwt and they said theyd recommend a c9 spec cam for my current build but im worried about valve to piston clearance since its a 283 sized cam
Old 08-17-2011, 08:43 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Where is any evidence showing the hr mannifold isn't efficient past 6500? First time I've heard this.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:26 AM
ace32x

Originally Posted by 0jiggy0
Where is any evidence showing the hr mannifold isn't efficient past 6500? First time I've heard this.
your taking what i said wrong, the only benefit of having a custom one made would only be when running it 6500+ rpm constantly. by no means am i saying the stock HR manifold is bad over 6500 just that a bigger custom one would only show real gain at upper rev's from what i was told

Last edited by ace32x; 08-17-2011 at 09:43 AM.