Notices
Shop Builds Temp moving posts for some clean up of this section.

560/460 Hills Garage Vortech Beast!

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 08:15 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by str8dum1
Thats even stock block G37 though right?

wow the excuses are flying in that vid. surprised you didnt say you only spend 3500$

Your logic about needing higher speeds is also flawed. You car makes power based on rpm, you just need to be in 1 lower gear when starting. going faster, like 70 in 3rd, just starts you at better rpm. You just dont want to shift 2-3, 3-4, 4-5 when the turbo car only needs 2 shifts.

um so is my rpm higher in 3rd at 70 or 40mph?

SMH!

we are saying the same thing man.

I know my car, and I have tracked it for years now. There arent any excuses. His car makes VERY good power. Stock G37s put down just as much as built VQ35s... anything 550+ is respectable.

It funny how you say im making excuses when the entire time im telling him he has a fast car down low due to his peak tq being at 4K rpms. My car barely hits 400HP at that rpm and under 300rwtq

Just like when we ran at 40 and I popped 3rd. there was not tq advantage.. due to spinning he pulled a half car, but it was the same performance.

You always have something negative about 99% of my post and spin my words around.

Lets be clear. I do think I have the faster car (but its all conditional, such as rpm, tq band, speed, whatever). I give the GTM stock block G37 kit two thumbs up! I have my vortech competing with such power 3 thumbs up. Yes I make double the boost to do it, yes its low on TQ, but im still different and done what very few do.

I stand behind my power, opinions, and experience driving my car. Top End I have the fasters car but im not doing 190 to prove it... but I will run him again, with my terms just to prove a point.

Thanks for you comments and Im glad i was able to give you a chuckle today. I fellow G driver past away today and my original writings were not as friendly.

You have your opinion, willing to run you too anyday. I dont have the fastest car on the planet, but I do have the fastest SC G35 in my area and most areas.

Last edited by 4SHIZZIL; 02-28-2012 at 08:20 AM.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Reality350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL

My point is always,blowers are just as powerful, anyone making over 550 is morw proof that turbos arent worth the money IMO!

Dyno soon!
3rd 4th yes.. we all know turbos are down low beasts aka TQ. Im all top end power aka HP. ******!
I guess Turbo's are worth it?

& from the outside looking in.. it does seem like you are making excuses on the fly..
Old 02-28-2012, 10:34 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by Alberto
You brag all about the setup, its only fair you share the downfalls of the belt issues as openly too

I just saw the screen shot of the video, you did better than I had imagined.
You call me bragging about my set up? I talk about my set up. Vortech on here all day from 2500-5000 bucks, depending.

I really hope you dont think im a bragger. I just share my information without filtering. People need to make their own assumptions on whats inflated or exaggerated.

"I caught a fish, this big"

its all perspective. Since I grew up dirt poor, I believe in the underdog and doing everything smarter or cheaper. NOS is the cheapest buts its also the least FI set up as far as usability (time) You dont have time to stop every 28 seconds to refil a bottle.

at the end of the day, its all fun hearing from all of you. I cant knock Stradum for his words either, I read ALL his post on the Vortech while at the same time deciding on my own. Eitehr I communicate horribly, or you all just dont get me.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:39 AM
4SHIZZIL

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Reality350
I guess Turbo's are worth it?

& from the outside looking in.. it does seem like you are making excuses on the fly..
The owner of the G37 is by no means a gear head. I was simply explaining more on tq vs hp. I was also trying to explain that a Vortech, for the most part, is not that fast until fourth gear on a roll.

to be honest I cant "feel" the difference between 557 and 600 but I felt the diff between 265rwhp and 300!

its was a great time, his car is the "realistic" MidA option to play with. Alberto running us is like calling a mentally challenged kid, on double dripple. Makes no sense. LMAO. But ill run him, low. extra-medium- or high boost!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:50 AM
OldManZ350

Received 228 Likes on 168 Posts

um so is my rpm higher in 3rd at 70 or 40mph?

SMH!

we are saying the same thing man.

I know my car, and I have tracked it for years now. There arent any excuses. His car makes VERY good power. Stock G37s put down just as much as built VQ35s... anything 550+ is respectable.

It funny how you say im making excuses when the entire time im telling him he has a fast car down low due to his peak tq being at 4K rpms. My car barely hits 400HP at that rpm and under 300rwtq

Just like when we ran at 40 and I popped 3rd. there was not tq advantage.. due to spinning he pulled a half car, but it was the same performance.

You always have something negative about 99% of my post and spin my words around.

Lets be clear. I do think I have the faster car (but its all conditional, such as rpm, tq band, speed, whatever). I give the GTM stock block G37 kit two thumbs up! I have my vortech competing with such power 3 thumbs up. Yes I make double the boost to do it, yes its low on TQ, but im still different and done what very few do.

I stand behind my power, opinions, and experience driving my car. Top End I have the fasters car but im not doing 190 to prove it... but I will run him again, with my terms just to prove a point.

Thanks for you comments and Im glad i was able to give you a chuckle today. I fellow G driver past away today and my original writings were not as friendly.

You have your opinion, willing to run you too anyday. I dont have the fastest car on the planet, but I do have the fastest SC G35 in my area and most areas.

Lets see some 1/4 mile ET's and MPH's out of you.......
Old 02-28-2012, 10:54 AM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ill run him [alberto], low. extra-medium- or high boost!
Alberto on low boost walks the ttg37.

Get your belt issues fixed and rematch the ttg37.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:26 AM
4SHIZZIL

Originally Posted by djamps
Alberto on low boost walks the ttg37.

Get your belt issues fixed and rematch the ttg37.
ive seen the vids.

I will still run him. Its almost tradition.

^^^

I rarely 1/4 mile my car because I feel its a GT car, not a 1/4 car. I ran my Mustang GT up and down the track all the time because it didnt turn. Since this one turns, I spend more time in the twisties.

But I have clocked a slow 2.0 60ft and a 116mph trap speed running street tires with 245s on all fours. thats says enough about the high 400s tune.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:50 AM
OldManZ350

Received 228 Likes on 168 Posts

ive seen the vids.

I will still run him. Its almost tradition.

^^^

I rarely 1/4 mile my car because I feel its a GT car, not a 1/4 car. I ran my Mustang GT up and down the track all the time because it didnt turn. Since this one turns, I spend more time in the twisties.

But I have clocked a slow 2.0 60ft and a 116mph trap speed running street tires with 245s on all fours. thats says enough about the high 400s tune.
I've Trapped 119mph on a Stock Block @ 14psi with an Original V2- SC- Trim rated at 1000CFM....

For this HP Range Street Tires Do Not Matter for Trap Speed....

Now that you have pumped it up get to the Drag Strip.....

I only have 20 Runs on my car in 8-1/2 Years....
Old 02-28-2012, 12:05 PM
djamps

We're trying to get him down to MIR Mar. 10th. Shall see...
Old 02-28-2012, 04:38 PM
Mr.Squeeze

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just watched the video pretty cool, I would have to say it will be pretty hard to get him up stairs. I do however understand what your talking about with the blower in order to get it to move.Before the last run or two as I was watching I was saying to my self 2 gear around 40 or so. You did just that and the it was better but the GTM was still pulling.

Impressive car you have there.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:08 AM
djamps

Remember the ttg37 was running low boost (9psi). He has it tuned all the way to at least 12psi on pump and 18psi on C16. One click of the EVC and it would have been game over real quick.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:44 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Corey really needs to run his car. No doub he does better from upper power and on, 4th gear at 70mph is silly.

No way you would pull back or even stop Christians pull up top. I know he only trapped 116mph but that car has more in it.