Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

SFR twin plenum intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 08:11 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SFR twin plenum intake manifold

We just finished our prototype of a new intake plenum for the G and Z.It features velocity stacks,an airflow diverter plate on the inside,long runners,aluminum construction and lots of plenum volume as well as stock TB location.This intake will work well on N/A and FI applications.We will be doing some dyno testing very soon on my twin turbo Z with an N/A car coming soon after that.Now this is the prototype and we are going to revise the inlet slightly so keep this in mind.Enjoy.

Old 12-11-2005, 08:16 AM
Ep3

Looks good so far cant wait to see the gains.. will this work with current strutbars or will you be making your own?
Old 12-11-2005, 08:17 AM
narkotic

Want to use my aps TT G as a prototype? I'm local! haha
Old 12-11-2005, 08:28 AM
DBZ33

Will it be Polished? I can't wait to see the dynos with FI.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:34 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ep3
Looks good so far cant wait to see the gains.. will this work with current strutbars or will you be making your own?

Yes.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:36 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by narkotic
Want to use my aps TT G as a prototype? I'm local! haha

LOL.I would but we already have a test car with twins on it.Mine We dynoed my car again yesterday and it made exactly 476 at the wheels just like it did 3 months ago.That is what I like to see,consistency!
Old 12-11-2005, 08:37 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by DBZ33
Will it be Polished? I can't wait to see the dynos with FI.

Polishing and powdercoating will be an option.

Tim
Old 12-11-2005, 08:37 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good, I will also be intrested if it comes in chrome finish or somthing nice, also what will the price be?
Old 12-11-2005, 09:06 AM
dank311

Nice IM! I can't wait to see the final product, and especially the dyno numbers. Can you give us a estimated time of final procution?
Old 12-11-2005, 09:14 AM
atar350

I think this would be the plenum for me, I like the kinetix because it shows 6 cylinder pipes, but my problem with it is it isnt symetrical, it has that big left side so the right is all exposed...I like this proto way better because it has more symetry, although I personally would want to see that right side extend all the way out matching the left side, maybe even an extra pipe lol....even if those last couple inches and extra pipe are dead space, at least it is perfectly symetrical, whats your guys' opinions??? Loving the proto, great job!
Attached Thumbnails SFR twin plenum intake manifold-myversion.jpg   SFR twin plenum intake manifold-kinetixmyversion.jpg  
Old 12-11-2005, 09:25 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by atar350
I like this proto way better because it has more symetry, although I personally would want to see that right side extend all the way out matching the left side, maybe even an extra pipe lol....even if those last couple inches and extra pipe are dead space, at least it is perfectly symetrical, whats your guys' opinions??? Loving the proto, great job!

We cant have both sides symetrical because of the oil filler on the valve cover so the plenum sections will be very close to this prototype.The only thing that will be a little different is the entrace from the TB to the plenum.

Tim

Last edited by TurboTim; 12-11-2005 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:29 AM
JClaw

What are you guys aiming for, price wise?
Old 12-11-2005, 09:34 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by JClaw
What are you guys aiming for, price wise?

I really cant say on here because I dont want to have this post deleted I can answer questions about the plenum though.I need to take some pics on the inside because that is where this plenum is realy cool
Old 12-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by atar350
even if those last couple inches and extra pipe are dead space, at least it is perfectly symetrical, whats your guys' opinions???

Functionality > looks

Why would you want it to have a couple xtra inches of piping that do absolutely nothing but take up space?

Z owners are weird like this. They buy things because they look cool or are all shiny. Performance is a distant second. I personally would rather have the best performing piece regardless of how it looks (as long as it is a quality piece).

This piece looks like it has potential, however, the same could be said for the kinetix. What type of R&D went into the design? has it been flow bench tested? Also, will it work with OEM strut bar? (your answer to the previous poster wasn't all that clear)
Old 12-11-2005, 10:19 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Zivman
Functionality > looks

Why would you want it to have a couple xtra inches of piping that do absolutely nothing but take up space?

Z owners are weird like this. They buy things because they look cool or are all shiny. Performance is a distant second. I personally would rather have the best performing piece regardless of how it looks (as long as it is a quality piece).

This piece looks like it has potential, however, the same could be said for the kinetix. What type of R&D went into the design? has it been flow bench tested? Also, will it work with OEM strut bar? (your answer to the previous poster wasn't all that clear)

We have incorporated a few things into this intake like massive plenum volume which is slightly greater then the engine displacement,velocity stacks and airflow diverter plate to eqaulize airflow.These are things that we know will help maximize airflow distribution as well as increase performance.We will be posting flow numbers,etc.......in the near future when we release the product.This plenum will fit with the stock strut bar
Old 12-11-2005, 10:20 AM
Zivman

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboTim
We have incorporated a few things into this intake like massive plenum volume which is slightly greater then the engine displacement,velocity stacks and airflow diverter plate to eqaulize airflow.These are things that we know will help maximize airflow distribution as well as increase performance.We will be posting flow numbers,etc.......in the near future when we release the product.This plenum will fit with the stock strut bar
Nice -

Would like to know ballpark pricing, but you already commented on that. SS construction?
Old 12-11-2005, 11:27 AM
Phatmitzu

Sweet. Cant wait to see the dyno result.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:42 AM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TurboTim
LOL.I would but we already have a test car with twins on it.Mine We dynoed my car again yesterday and it made exactly 476 at the wheels just like it did 3 months ago.That is what I like to see,consistency!
The Dyno three month ago...was it with this plenum ? Or a stock or another after market plenum ?
Old 12-11-2005, 11:45 AM
atar350

Originally Posted by Zivman
Functionality > looks

I agree, people ARE weird like that, buying 20 inch heavy wheels big shiny intakes, some are halfway weird and want good performance from the best looking parts, I like to have both, performance and looks, thats what the Z's all about to me, it looks really good, and performs just as good.

I like this plenum alot, and would buy it, but in my perfect symetry world.......lol, it would be symetrical.
Old 12-11-2005, 12:00 PM
IceY2K1Max

Piece of cake to make that neck straight for FWD VQs....just a thought Tim.

Quick Reply: SFR twin plenum intake manifold