Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Please someone help me..

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 05:38 PM
Jdiidy271

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please someone help me..

hey guys I have a manual 2004 track edition 350z I just got the engine rebuilt on about 1500 miles ago. so I was on my way back home from work and everything was great. I stopped at a stop light and when I went to go, it was like the gas pedal didn't work. I couldn't go past about 8 miles an hour no matter how much I pressed the gas pedal. It was a little jerky too. So I'm like damn this sucks and pull into a parking lot, turn it off, turn it back on but it was slower to turn over. Rev it and it revs like normal, reverses like normal but when I put it into first the same thing happened. So I park it again, turn it off and now it just plain won't start. Anything at this point would help. Thanks in advance. Oh wait now I tried starting it and it turned over. But still same thing with the other part

Last edited by Jdiidy271; 02-24-2017 at 05:39 PM.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:43 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by Jdiidy271
hey guys I have a manual 2004 track edition 350z I just got the engine rebuilt on about 1500 miles ago. so I was on my way back home from work and everything was great. I stopped at a stop light and when I went to go, it was like the gas pedal didn't work. I couldn't go past about 8 miles an hour no matter how much I pressed the gas pedal. It was a little jerky too. So I'm like damn this sucks and pull into a parking lot, turn it off, turn it back on but it was slower to turn over. Rev it and it revs like normal, reverses like normal but when I put it into first the same thing happened. So I park it again, turn it off and now it just plain won't start. Anything at this point would help. Thanks in advance. Oh wait now I tried starting it and it turned over. But still same thing with the other part
Sounds like it went limp. Ummm, that's "limp mode", you pervs who thought someting else.

Use the Z's great on-board diagnostics. Pull the codes (or take it to a shop that does free code pulls) and go off the DTCs to resolve. Probably not a big deal. (Other than your not being able to drive the car.)
Old 02-24-2017, 06:03 PM
Jdiidy271

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MicVelo
Sounds like it went limp. Ummm, that's "limp mode", you pervs who thought someting else.

Use the Z's great on-board diagnostics. Pull the codes (or take it to a shop that does free code pulls) and go off the DTCs to resolve. Probably not a big deal. (Other than your not being able to drive the car.)
thats what's weird! No code. I have a code reader and it was showing nothing. No CEL light either
Old 02-25-2017, 01:52 PM
bealljk
350Z-holic

Received 1,282 Likes on 1,007 Posts

fuel pump?

I would think if the cam / crank shaft positioning sensors went out you'd throw a CEL...

OP, if you want an OEM fuel pump (no cost) to swap in feel free to PM me...I got a few in the garage.

Last edited by bealljk; 02-25-2017 at 01:55 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:07 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 3,255 Likes on 2,316 Posts

Originally Posted by Jdiidy271
thats what's weird! No code. I have a code reader and it was showing nothing. No CEL light either
Hmmmm, you do anything else to the car recently? Change head/taillights? Cleaned your MAF? (Not saying you should! Asking if you did.)

Check your battery and charging system?

What transmission?

I know these sound pretty basic Auto Shop 101 but y'never know. Always good to eliminate the easy, "obvious" stuff first.