Notices
South East North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida

looking for a good performance exhaust shop in east TN

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 01:13 PM
bazguitarman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for a good performance exhaust shop in east TN

I have a 2007 touring edition coupe that I bought used. The previous owner had a custom exhaust fabbed up. Basically the Y-pipe straight into a single muffler with two outs. Not the best looking work but it sounds pretty damn decent outside the car.

The problem is inside the car. The drone is as bad as I've ever heard. Very, very fatiguing. I need to find someone around the Knoxville area that is good with exhaust systems. I don't know if I need to j-pipe it or what.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by bazguitarman; 11-20-2015 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:46 AM
SilverGLE

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

if all you need is a resonator installed, any decent shop can do the work. I've used Midas at the corner of Kingston Pike and Mabry Hood (beside Pellissippi) to have a new muffler and resonator installed on my STI years ago. You can also call European Auto Garage, they should be able to at least recommend someone if they don't have a tech that can weld.
Old 11-26-2015, 10:25 AM
bazguitarman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverGLE
if all you need is a resonator installed, any decent shop can do the work. I've used Midas at the corner of Kingston Pike and Mabry Hood (beside Pellissippi) to have a new muffler and resonator installed on my STI years ago. You can also call European Auto Garage, they should be able to at least recommend someone if they don't have a tech that can weld.

I finally got up under the car to take a look. Seems like all the previous owner did was a muffler delete. So it is the stock exhaust back to the resonator and then straight out from there. So no muffler at all right now.

The drone is so bad that I am even considering putting the stock type muffler assembly back on. If I can find one.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:09 PM
SilverGLE

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by bazguitarman
I finally got up under the car to take a look. Seems like all the previous owner did was a muffler delete. So it is the stock exhaust back to the resonator and then straight out from there. So no muffler at all right now.

The drone is so bad that I am even considering putting the stock type muffler assembly back on. If I can find one.
Ouch... Yeah, I'd find a stock muffler to slap on. Or get a custom one at a shop.