Notices
South West Nevada, Utah, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico

Mountain Run!!! Prescott Valley, AZ ---> Jerome, AZ

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:05 AM
nismonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation CUSTOMS 2 CLASSICS CAR SHOW + Mountain Run! Prescott Valley, AZ to Jerome, AZ

***NEW INFORMATION AS OF 3/9/10***

CUSTOMS 2 CLASSICS CAR SHOW + Mountain Run! Prescott Valley, AZ to Jerome, AZ

This is the new ELEMENT added to this event. My friends at EMBRY RIDDLE AERONAUTICAL UNIVERSITY in Prescott, AZ are holding their 2nd annual car show the same day as our run. It is the CUSTOMS 2 CLASSICS 2010 car show, and they have been kind enough to invite all those that have planned on going on the run to attend the show as participants or spectators.

There will be plenty of food, family fun & entertainment, & a good # of cars to drool over. The folks at ERAU are expecting a turnout of 100+ participants for the show.

Our original plans for the MOUNTAIN RUN will essentially remain the same. The only thing that will change is the rally point & departure time!!!

This is the general timeline for the day of the show:

6am-7:30am - ERAU setup + VENDOR setup.

8-10am - Start the music. Show cars arrive, directed to parking locations and given welcome packet with instructions on registration. Fill out registration forms + their $10 and food donations.

10:30am - REGISTRATION CLOSES. NO MORE ENTRIES TO BE JUDGED.

10:30am-2:30pm - judging begins. Main attractions, lunch, Etc

2:30pm - judging complete, scores tallied and winners organized

3:00pm - music stops. Winners announced

3:30pm - raffle winners announced

4:00pm - clean up

Here's the run down for the MOUNTAIN RUN. I have this nice set of twisties right in my back yard here in Prescott Valley, Arizona. It is Arizona highway 89-A that takes you from the edge of Prescott Valley on into the history laden town of Jerome, Arizona. It's a huge tourist destination, with lots of sights to see, shops, & restaurants that are all well worth the visit.

Here is a link for more information on the town of Jerome:
http://www.azjerome.com/

I've driven this stretch of road several times since I've lived here in Arizona and it's tons of fun. The views through the mountains & valleys are spectacular, so bring a friend to sit in the passengers seat to take lots of pics or video...if their stomach can bear it! Those who tag along on this trip will definitely be hanging on to the "oh $#1*" handle!!! The road up to Jerome can be both relaxing & exhilirating depending on what type of driving mood you are in that day.

Here's a short Youtube video of a Ferrari & Porsche playing cat & mouse on 89-A on the way up to Jerome...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOzSmdtVfmw

So this is how it will play out...

-Saturday from approx 10am-3pm will be spent at ERAU's car show.

-approx 3pm we will start packing up & prepping for the MOUNTAIN RUN.

-once we get to the top of the mountain, we can spend the afternoon hours taking in the sights, smells, & sounds of the old town of Jerome.

-then the rest of the afternoon can be spent either driving to our respective homes or you guys could stick around so we can show you the town of Prescott & the infamous WHISKEY ROW...but that's a whole other discussion!!! :yesnod

Let me know what you guys think!!!

Small road leading from Jerome to the public parking lot...

Plenty of parking!!!

The parking lot sits right by an old shut down copper mine...

Last edited by nismonkey; 03-09-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:38 PM
nismonkey

I've gotten a good response for this run on other forums...approximate head count to date is 50+ vehicles! Keep spreading the word! Warm weather is just around the corner guys!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 05:05 PM
nismonkey

Exclamation

You guys keep an eye on this thread this week. I may be adding ANOTHER ELEMENT to this run if you guys are interested!!! I will find out more & bring you the details ASAP...
Old 03-12-2010, 06:49 PM
nismonkey

Scheduled to make an appearance at the event:
The Arizona Lamborghini Club
The Scottsdale Exotic Car Club

This event is posted on the following forums...

nicoclub.com
maxima.org
azht.net
sincityz.org
300zxclub.com
dynamicminicollective.org
evolutionm.net
sr20forum.com
scionlife.com
s-chassis.com
mazdaforum.com
nissanclub.com
nicoclub.com
meguiarsonline.com
superstreetonline.com
importtuner.com
sportcompactcarweb.com
myg35driver.com
my350z.com
toyotanation.com
mitsubishi-forums.com
projectz32.com
evotuners.net
nasioc.com
clubwrx.net
iwsti.com
Honda-tech.com
Hondaforum.com
fitfreak.com
hondaclub.com
civicforums.com
superhonda.com

& SOME...
Old 03-23-2010, 05:00 PM
nismonkey

18 days till event!!!
Old 03-31-2010, 03:44 PM
L33TZOR

please confirm cuz i just had a facebook update it was cancelled til further notice.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:51 PM
nismonkey

Exclamation

Originally Posted by L33TZOR
please confirm cuz i just had a facebook update it was cancelled til further notice.
L33TZOR...show is still on...there was some issues with the person that was head of planning of the show. He apparently was using the University's $ for his own personal use, so he is no longer in charge of the show.

...but the show will go on!
Old 04-03-2010, 06:39 AM
nismonkey

1 week till the event!!!
Old 04-06-2010, 08:56 PM
nismonkey

A rep from MEGUIAR's will be at the event doing demo's on several products all day!

Clean & shine up your vehicles! This ones going to be a good one!!!

It's gonna be a cool sunny day in PRESCOTT that day! 69 degrees...damn near perfect show weather!
Old 04-06-2010, 09:42 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nismonkey
A rep from MEGUIAR's will be at the event doing demo's on several products all day!

Clean & shine up your vehicles! This ones going to be a good one!!!

It's gonna be a cool sunny day in PRESCOTT that day! 69 degrees...damn near perfect show weather!
Sounds like a good time. I can't make it, but if you want some hook ups for food/booze in Jerome, let me know. I have 2 clients there and could probably have them give you all a discount if you mention the show. I can't promise anything until I check with the owners, but it shouldn't be difficult to get them on board.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:48 PM
nismonkey

Smile

Originally Posted by mrg1981
Sounds like a good time. I can't make it, but if you want some hook ups for food/booze in Jerome, let me know. I have 2 clients there and could probably have them give you all a discount if you mention the show. I can't promise anything until I check with the owners, but it shouldn't be difficult to get them on board.
That would be awesome!!! Keep me posted!!!

The show/ run is this saturday!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:40 AM
mrg1981

Default Mile High Grill - 10% Off Your Total!

That would be awesome!!! Keep me posted!!!

The show/ run is this saturday!!!
OK. I just spoke with the owner of Mile High Grill and Inn in Jerome, AZ. I pulled some strings to hook you guys all up. They are offering 10% off your total ticket (food and drinks!)!!

Just mention that you are from the CUSTOMS 2 CLASSICS CAR SHOW + Mountain Run and they will autmatically discount your ticket by 10%!

The Mile High Grill offers an excellent variety of homemade food from hand-pressed Angus burgers to southwestern salads topped with chicken or salmon. Check out their full menu here.

Parking in Jerome can be tricky at times. I would recommend that you park right where the OP posted and just walk down Main St and Mile High Grill is on your right hand side in a 2-story red building.

Detailed directions are here: http://www.jeromemilehighinn.com/directions.html

I wish I could join you all, but I'll be moving into the new house and attending my cousin's wedding. Have fun! Enjoy!
Attached Thumbnails Mountain Run!!! Prescott Valley, AZ ---> Jerome, AZ-mihi-exterior.jpg   Mountain Run!!! Prescott Valley, AZ ---> Jerome, AZ-mihi-interior-new.jpg  
Old 04-08-2010, 03:33 PM
nismonkey

Originally Posted by mrg1981
OK. I just spoke with the owner of Mile High Grill and Inn in Jerome, AZ. I pulled some strings to hook you guys all up. They are offering 10% off your total ticket (food and drinks!)!!

Just mention that you are from the CUSTOMS 2 CLASSICS CAR SHOW + Mountain Run and they will autmatically discount your ticket by 10%!

The Mile High Grill offers an excellent variety of homemade food from hand-pressed Angus burgers to southwestern salads topped with chicken or salmon. Check out their full menu here.

Parking in Jerome can be tricky at times. I would recommend that you park right where the OP posted and just walk down Main St and Mile High Grill is on your right hand side in a 2-story red building.

Detailed directions are here: http://www.jeromemilehighinn.com/directions.html

I wish I could join you all, but I'll be moving into the new house and attending my cousin's wedding. Have fun! Enjoy!
Awesome find! I will spread the word this saturday at the event. Just looking over their menu is making me hungry right now!
Old 04-08-2010, 09:40 PM
mrg1981

Awesome find! I will spread the word this saturday at the event. Just looking over their menu is making me hungry right now!
No problem! I hope you all enjoy! It's a really good place.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:16 AM
mrg1981

So? How was the event? Did anyone go to Mile High Grill? Was everyone safe on that crazy road to Jerome?