Notices

Xmas special on our Z and G Diff and Sub frame bushing sets

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 09:26 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Xmas special on our Z and G Diff and Sub frame bushing sets

Free Shipping till Jan. 1st on any purchase of our bushing sets for the 350z and G35. We offer both a OEM height bushing and a raised bushing for the subframe. The raised busing really helps with the roll center on any lowered vehicle and can cure many ill handling characteristics experienced after lowering your car.

Standard height bushings

Raised height bushings (raises your subframe for lowered cars)

Differential bushings

Link to the page
http://www.sikky.com/suspension_high...nufacturer.php

Sikky bushing sets will make great stocking stuffers!
(free shipping applies to the lower 48 states only, call for out of country shipments)
Old 12-22-2010, 12:40 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

How much to the subframe bushings change the driveshaft angle ?
Old 12-23-2010, 04:58 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by terrasmak
How much to the subframe bushings change the driveshaft angle ?
not enough to make any difference. The subframe only moves up .4" so it has no ill effects on angle etc... If anything it straightens it out more.
Old 12-23-2010, 07:47 AM
brandon3434

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, looks interesting.....Might have to get me some of these...
Old 12-24-2010, 03:17 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by brandon3434
Wow, looks interesting.....Might have to get me some of these...
take advantage of the free shipping! get yourself a xmas present today!
Old 12-28-2010, 08:02 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Still some on the shelf, don't miss out on the free shipping!
Old 12-31-2010, 01:34 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

Last day for free shipping on our bushing sets!!!!!!!! You won't be able to call the order in so go to our website and buy online.

direct link
http://www.sikky.com/suspension_high...nufacturer.php
Old 01-01-2011, 07:21 AM
BrazenZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you were to install the raised suframe bushings and lower the Z to same Fender lip to ground clearance, wouldn't that make the negative camber on the rear wheel more negative?
Old 01-01-2011, 10:23 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

less neg camber
Old 01-02-2011, 04:53 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

less neg camber
Correct! this is one of the reasons why this is a good modification to do on a lowered Z/G or any car. If you picture a Z at stock ride height the control arms are typically level with the ground or parallel. When you lower it they angle upwards. This does all sorts of nasty stuff to the suspension geometry the farther you get away from this neutral or OEM position. We have measured on average for every one inch of travel your camber goes 1 deg. negative. When a car that is setup to be running at a certain camber and this figure isn't factored in to the equation you can think your running the right camber but in reality your running way more neg. camber when cornering. This can be determined by monitoring the wear on your tires and corrected but this is mainly for track cars. These subframe bushings help bring the suspension closer to OEM position when lowered. Ideally if you could get it back to stock control arm positions when lowered then you would be loving life. Unfortunately there just isn't any more room to move the subframe up, only other option is changing out hubs/spindles that move the arms back to the parallel position when at the new ride height. Sorry for the long winded response!
Old 01-02-2011, 08:01 PM
JDMStanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much does the raised subframe bushing help improve roll center for a Z that is dropped 1.5~2.5"? Is it not too much of a drop to affect the roll center?
thanks.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:55 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by JDMStanced
How much does the raised subframe bushing help improve roll center for a Z that is dropped 1.5~2.5"? Is it not too much of a drop to affect the roll center?
thanks.
It will improve the roll center by .4 inch. With a 1.5 inch drop it will be great. 2.5 inch drop, doubt you really care about handling.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:05 AM
SikkyMFG
Vendor - Former Vendor

It will improve the roll center by .4 inch. With a 1.5 inch drop it will be great. 2.5 inch drop, doubt you really care about handling.
Yes, correct again! thanks Basically to further explain what terrasmak said, at 2.5" drop it really isn't going to matter what you do because most suspension setups will have next to no travel left at this height and you will be basically riding on your bump stops. Lower is not necessarily better in most cases, and giving the suspension enough room to do what it is supposed to do is the first step before being concerned with roll center. At the 1.5 level it will make a large improvement, and noticeable to most experienced drivers.

I recommend using a handy little trick that I've been using for over a decade when initially setting up a suspension. This is basically to check if your bottoming your suspension out and see what the range of travel. Take a zip tie and put it around the shock/strut shaft on top of the bump stop. Go drive around and throw the car through some corners. Come back and see where your zip ties are now. If they are pushed all the way up into the mounts then you are too low. Now, I understand that probably half the people out there are lowering the car for the aggressive look, so this probably does not matter to them, but for the few that really want it to handle right this is an extremely important step that should be done before doing anything else.
Old 01-03-2011, 06:32 AM
BrazenZ

less neg camber
Thanks, are there any negative effects to installed the raised bushings aside from NVH? does it shorten suspension travel or increase it? I'm having a hard time visualizing what is changed by installing the raised bushings.

Last edited by BrazenZ; 01-03-2011 at 06:38 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:21 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by BrazenZ
Thanks, are there any negative effects to installed the raised bushings aside from NVH? does it shorten suspension travel or increase it? I'm having a hard time visualizing what is changed by installing the raised bushings.
That is a dependant on shock length, tire height ( added travel is nothing if you have hard parts hitting the ground) offset ie do you have the clearance? Etc etc. These will be on my race car shortly after I comb the rules. Very worth it, look at Fontana Nissan 350z build they did the same thing, but they also did the front.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:39 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by BrazenZ
Originally Posted by SikkyMFG
Correct! this is one of the reasons why this is a good modification to do on a lowered Z/G or any car. If you picture a Z at stock ride height the control arms are typically level with the ground or parallel. When you lower it they angle upwards. This does all sorts of nasty stuff to the suspension geometry the farther you get away from this neutral or OEM position. We have measured on average for every one inch of travel your camber goes 1 deg. negative. When a car that is setup to be running at a certain camber and this figure isn't factored in to the equation you can think your running the right camber but in reality your running way more neg. camber when cornering. This can be determined by monitoring the wear on your tires and corrected but this is mainly for track cars. These subframe bushings help bring the suspension closer to OEM position when lowered. Ideally if you could get it back to stock control arm positions when lowered then you would be loving life. Unfortunately there just isn't any more room to move the subframe up, only other option is changing out hubs/spindles that move the arms back to the parallel position when at the new ride height. Sorry for the long winded response!
Brazen,

These pictures may help you visualize what sikky is saying about the rear arms angling upwards when lowered!

This guy has lowered his car and you can see his crappy circuit sport toe arms pointing up big time:

The comments on the pictures are because i plan on adding them to my suspension 101 thread, but just haven't yet...

So, to recap, raising the subframe with reduced height bushings, then raises the mounting point of the arms on the car side, versus the wheel side and thus gets your suspension geometry back where you want it...
-J
Attached Thumbnails Xmas special on our Z and G Diff and Sub frame bushing sets-lowered-car-toe-arms.jpg   Xmas special on our Z and G Diff and Sub frame bushing sets-toe-arm-lowered-angle.jpg   Xmas special on our Z and G Diff and Sub frame bushing sets-59409_1306829205693_1679439536_651767_171145_n.jpg  

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 01-04-2011 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:42 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

That is a dependant on shock length, tire height ( added travel is nothing if you have hard parts hitting the ground) offset ie do you have the clearance? Etc etc. These will be on my race car shortly after I comb the rules. Very worth it, look at Fontana Nissan 350z build they did the same thing, but they also did the front.
any info on this??? im lost as to how exactly this is done? lower arms attach to k-member and unibody downward facing bolt/stud...upper arms are fixed point mount location?????

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 01-04-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:48 AM
ATL_Red_G35

Good concept. How hard is the install? I plan to do this to both my G&Z.

Thanks
Old 01-04-2011, 10:11 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by ATL_Red_G35
Good concept. How hard is the install? I plan to do this to both my G&Z.

Thanks
Its actually not too bad........best to jack the car up really high, and remove the entire sub frame, control arms, spindles, etc all as one!

See the rear sub frame is mounted to the car via 4 downward pointing STUDS...so the sub frame has to be dropped in order to install these bushings.

Some insight of how its done here in this pic:

Link here:
https://my350z.com/forum/8525712-post19.html

-J

Last edited by JasonZ-YA; 01-04-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:16 PM
JDMStanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ are you thinking of customizing a frankenstein sockets on these? it'll be hell of a job to hold that thing high enough to fit in the press.

Quick Reply: Xmas special on our Z and G Diff and Sub frame bushing sets