Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[Houston]: The Z Club Of Houston

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 08:11 AM
batmanesaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ...

Originally Posted by IX R3VAN XI
Ummmm how is the club for younger Z drivers? Im just 17 and a lot of the older guys (24 & up) dont really seem to like the younger guys lol its a shame...would I be able to join?

yeah me too im 19
Old 03-23-2007, 12:52 PM
Matt93SE

Age doesn't mean a thing.

Most of our members are of the 40+ variety, but ALL of our current officers are
30 or below.

Our last Secretary, Jeff Sims is just 20 now. He took the office when he was 18, IIRC.

The only thing we ask of our members is that you show up with a constructive attitude and be ready to have fun. We plan 95& of our events in a "family friendly" manner so that the members with kids can bring them, as well as those under 21 can participate. (i.e. no meetings at strip clubs or bars, or things of that nature).

And you don't even have to own a Z to be a member! I have an S14 and a Maxima, and I'm Vice Prez. My wife is the current secretary and newsletter editor, and she drives a Honduh.

so we don't discriminate against anyone- even Honduh drivers!
Old 03-23-2007, 03:12 PM
R3VAN
Banned

Default Yay!!!

I will definately join up then! And I think I may be able to learn to accept that Hondas really are cars too..... lol and I went to the Autorama a few months ago when it was in Houston, went straight to the Z booth and saw them BEAUTIFUL 350's and 280's I believe I talked to the president of the Z Club of Houston, nice guy
Old 04-07-2007, 06:23 PM
R3VAN
Banned

Old 04-08-2007, 01:52 PM
ThumperZ

So anybody in Houston or area have the cipher program? I'm looking to raise my idle before I put cams in and utec won't allow me too? Thanks

Ted
Old 04-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Track

So um... how do you join?
Old 04-21-2007, 01:38 PM
Track

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
We plan 95& of our events in a "family friendly" manner
Nevermind.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:52 PM
CrzyTaghi

Do I have to pay with Credit or can i just pay at one of the meetings to become a member?
Old 03-07-2008, 08:17 PM
Chrispy
GURU

Originally Posted by CrzyTaghi
Do I have to pay with Credit or can i just pay at one of the meetings to become a member?
u can pay at one of the meetings, they are the 3rd tuesday of the month at hickory hollow in the heights.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:37 AM
Travisf@i-a-v.c

Default Houston Z Club Bluebonnet Run 4/6/2008 THIS SUNDAY!!!

zcardave has emailed me the following info.

"It’s been a long time since I’ve worked this hard at putting together an event…but I finally finished it…so, HERE IT IS :

You may want to print this out and bring it with you, since this is the route we’re going to t-r-y to take
(but there are no promises)
Sunday – April 6th
Is the return of one of our most well-attended, and well-loved events.
Announcing the …
~ BLUEBONNET RUN ’08 ~

Here are the rules of the day:
RULE #1…DO NOT PASS ME …I am your leader…except in one scenario.
If I am pulled over by the local constabulatory (a.k.a. – the police), keep driving right on by like you’ve never seen me before!
But…
Other than that, stay behind me…even involving u-turns and other strange and unusual driving maneuvers ! (if you’ve ever been on one of my Bluebonnet Runs, you’ll know that I’m prone to do that)
RULE #2…When we pull over for one of our various and assorted stops along the way; and it is time to “hit the road” again, you do not have to get back in the same exact order in which you were in before…remember…we’re all going in the same direction (hopefully).
No cutting in line, no tailgating, drive courteous with your headlights on.
In other words…PLAY NICE !

Here’s the plan for the day:
We’re planning on meeting at the Academy Parking Lot, close to the intersection of Hwy.290 & FM 1960 (just North of Baker-Jackson Nissan North).
Come at least one hour early. Because we’re planning on eating lunch later than usual, I recommend coming early for a light breakfast at La’ Madeline Restaurant (19710 Northwest Fwy), there in the front part of the parking lot. Try to get there around 9am.
We’re planning on pulling out at 10am…so don’t be late ! Unless I get an emergency, last-minute phone call from you with a truly outstanding excuse (and you’d better be at your creative best)…you will be left !
(my phone # is: 281-217-2171)
Here’s a rough draft of the route we’ll be taking (it’s subject to change):
Pull out of the parking lot and heading North (right) and get on Hwy.290 at the first available entrance.
We’ll go a few miles until you see the exit for Mueschke Road…take that exit and head North (right). We’ll take Mueschke Road until we come to the intersection of FM 2920, where we’ll take 2920 and go East (right) for a short distance.
We’ll intersect with FM 249 and go North (left) through the towns of (are you ready for these?) Decker Prairie (about where FM 249 becomes FM 1774), Pinehurst, Magnolia, Fetzer, Todd Mission & Plantersville.
Here, we’ll intersect with FM 105 and go West (left) and go about 14 miles till we get to Hwy.6. Turn North (right) and get on Hwy.6. for a short period.
You’ll see Diana’s absolute favorite shopping place on the right…Martha’s Bloomers, which…mercifully, we’ll drive by, and take the next available exit onto the feeder road, and turn right onto FM 3090.
I owe a big thanks for these directions to Walt Stephenson and for setting up this portion of the run. Also…this relieves me of any liabilities because if we get lost, you can’t blame me for this portion of the trip…YEA !!! J (sorry Walt). After lunch, you’ll once again be able to blame me for everything J
We’ll follow 3090 for a ways until it T’s into FM 149, and we’ll veer to the left which is still called FM 3090.
We’ll T into SH 244. We’ll follow SH 244 for about 2.5 miles and T into Hwy.30, where we’ll take a left. We’ll go about 8 miles on Hwy. 30, but this is where you might watch out…We’ll take a left…which will be easy to miss…onto William D. Fitch Parkway (this could be one of several U-turns for which our tours are so famous!).
We’ll go about 6 miles on W.Fitch and cross under Hwy.6. After Hwy.6 we’ll go about .5 miles and turn left on Arrington. There appears (according to the map) to be two Arrington Rds. We’ll take the 2nd one !...which immediately bears right and becomes Greens Prairie Road.
If you took the 1st Arrington Rd. and it just goes straight…you’re on the wrong one !
We drive on Greens Prairie Road until it becomes Greens Prairie Trail (don’t panic, it’s still paved). The Trail T’s into FM 2154, where we’ll take a right. We’ll head North and should find Hullabaloo’s Diner on the right.

AFTER DINNER…
We’ll turn left out of the parking lot onto FM 2154 and in Milican, we’ll hang a right on FM 159, which eventually T’s into FM 105. At 105, we’ll hang a right and head towards Brenham…the Bluebonnet Capital of Texas.
We’ll take a left on FM 577 (also known as N. Bluebell Rd.) and skirt town. We’ll eventually wind up at FM 290, where we’ll temporarily hang a right and then turn left on Hwy. 36.
We’ll go through Bellville and wind up in Sealy, where we’ll pick up I-10 and turn left for Houston.

There will be occasional potty breaks for our bladder-challenged participants.
We’ll probably make a stop for petrol at one point.
…and of course…we’ll make several stops along the way for photo ops !
Bring your camera. Bring your walkie-talkies. Bring your best attitude.
Remember…we run, rain or shine.
Club Membership is not a requirement (invite your neighbors to drive with us), nor is driving a Z for this event (look at what I’m driving…and I’m the lead car…Gack!) …so plan on coming out and joining us for one of our most popular events of the year !

Z you there…
David, Diana, & Katie Morreale"

He also sends a special invitation to TruBlu!
Old 04-20-2008, 06:05 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Hello all! Newest member here. Sadly I can't log in. Does my membership need to be activated first? Also I received this regarding registrating for the forum;
The e-mail address you entered is not allowed to be used.

Last edited by Robert_K; 04-20-2008 at 06:08 AM.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:44 PM
neoveon

I used to live in houston (currently in dfw area) but visit back every so often, i'd be very interested to attend one of the meeting if the opportunity struck. )

how often does such meeting happen in houston area?

Last edited by neoveon; 04-21-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Travisf@i-a-v.c

Quote from the Z Club of Houston site:

Membership meetings will be held the third Tuesday of each Month at 7PM.

Membership meetings will continue to be held at Hickory Hollow, 101 Heights Blvd., Houston, Texas, corner of Center and Heights Blvd.

http://www.zclubofhouston.com/
Old 04-23-2008, 09:58 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Got everything worked out. Left an intro on the ZCH Forum.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:34 PM
Uinfluence123

I just signed up to go out to TWS with the club next month.
They are getting anyone intrested in going to the TWS track out in college station May 17th and 18th.

This will be my first "Driving School" track event, should be fun.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:05 PM
R3VAN
Banned

I could never get active on the ZCOH forums because it would never let me go into the site. Just kept going back to the main page over and over and over and over again
Old 04-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Uinfluence123

Yeah, the site has had it problems before, but they are doing a better job with it. I still have some trouble when I post, but its not bad.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:23 PM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

ZCOH forum is pretty slow. Are members here not part of the club?
Old 05-30-2008, 04:26 AM
Uinfluence123

I am a ZCOH member.
You are right their forum is much slower then this one. I use both, mostly this one to post and research. I use theirs for activities and to meet some of the local members.

Saw your Intro and pics on the ZCOH site.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:11 AM
PoPosZ

I am new to this site and would like info on joining the Z club. I have just purchased an 03 350Z and am interested in going to meets and rides. I am used to doing this with my 07 CBR 1KRR (race bike) but not used to it with cars... BC of work, I only have Sunday Mon and Tues off so I want to make sure that I am getting something good since Sunday is my only family day. For those with advice, please reply... and thanks

*** and if you're local, please let me know and we can meet up *** interested in meeting other Z's

Quick Reply: [Houston]: The Z Club Of Houston