Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

[Houston]: The Z Club Of Houston

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:17 PM
creed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Z Club Of Houston

Has been reborn
http://www.zclubofhouston.com
Old 08-17-2006, 02:15 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by creed
When I first purchased my Z back in February 03, I attempted to join this organization. I called and left voicemails, but never recieved a call back. I even went to one of the meeting listed on the website, the one at the restaurant Downtown in the Park Shoppes, but it was under renovation and no one was there. I finally gave up. Not sure what happened there.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:05 PM
silvrhand
Lost in Transit

http://www.zclubofhouston.com/html/members.html

The club is undergoing a lot of rework and things are moving. Would be nice to get some more members and get the meetings going and ideas flowing.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:43 PM
creed

Originally Posted by vo7848
When I first purchased my Z back in February 03, I attempted to join this organization. I called and left voicemails, but never recieved a call back. I even went to one of the meeting listed on the website, the one at the restaurant Downtown in the Park Shoppes, but it was under renovation and no one was there. I finally gave up. Not sure what happened there.
I'm so sorry this happened. It will never happen again. Please join via the online membership application. You shall not be forgotten!
Old 08-17-2006, 06:27 PM
zcardave

In an attempt to get it right the first time...

The board of officers are locking ourselves in a room with a bunch of computers this coming Saturday. We're planning on not leaving until we've got our past registration problems taken care of. For those of you that have attempted to join in the past...PLEASE give us one more shot. I'm sure that you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Oh...and one last thing...
For those of you that think that the Z Club of Houston is a bunch of old farts that just sit around and kick tires...think again.
The club is now under the management of all new/young officers. I'm the last of the old farts, and I'm just there in an advisory position. Heck...I don't even get to vote

Creed has worked long and hard on our website, and it's looking GREAT !!!
We can make the Z Club of Houston one of the biggest and best Z Clubs in the country...but we need you.

We've got a lot of new ideas and plans in the mix (more track events, more car shows), along with some of the old standard activities (i.e.- our booth at AutoRama)
Join up today, and bring your ideas with you...we're definately open to suggestions !!!
zcardave
Old 08-17-2006, 06:42 PM
TruBluZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Creed, the site looks good so far. Keep up the good work.

David, you may be hearing from me soon. You know the issues I had before. I am confident you have them under control now.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:46 PM
zcardave

Tru,
I really appreciate the vote of confidence.
Coming from you, that means a lot to me !
Thanks,
zcardave
Old 08-17-2006, 08:02 PM
silvrhand
Lost in Transit

Dave,

You should hang out here more often! Instead of sending me all those emails!

- John

Originally Posted by zcardave
Tru,
I really appreciate the vote of confidence.
Coming from you, that means a lot to me !
Thanks,
zcardave
Old 08-18-2006, 08:08 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

I'm so sorry this happened. It will never happen again. Please join via the online membership application. You shall not be forgotten!
Thank you for the invitation, but I've already found a home with NextStage since the December 2005. One thing we all share in common is the love of the vehicle. The Z Club of Houston is well respected and I've heard nothing but good things about you guys. Keep up the good work. The website looks great!
Old 08-18-2006, 03:10 PM
creed

Originally Posted by TruBluZ
Creed, the site looks good so far. Keep up the good work.
Thanks, will do. How's that Z running? Get any tickets yet, or better yet, how many Mustangs have you stompped?
Old 08-18-2006, 03:11 PM
creed

Originally Posted by vo7848
Thank you for the invitation, but I've already found a home with NextStage since the December 2005. One thing we all share in common is the love of the vehicle. The Z Club of Houston is well respected and I've heard nothing but good things about you guys. Keep up the good work. The website looks great!
Thanks, visit the site often for new content and stuff...
Old 08-18-2006, 03:41 PM
chickmagnet

ok the site looks fine bt what is the mission of the z club of houston? and what are some of its benfits. like discounts on labor, shop deals cheaper parts ect. If i were a member i would like something more to do then meet up with guys to talk Z. I love my car but how can i benifit from being in this club......I have benifited tons from being on this site, As other thousands of members here on this site.
I am intrested but what can you guys offer potential members!
Old 08-18-2006, 06:26 PM
Matt93SE

The Z Club does a lot more than just stand in a parking lot and talk about cars.
Aside from our monthly get-togethers, we also host full-blown car shows, track events, cruises, and many other things.

Among the recent plans we've got lined up are two track events- one at Hallett and one at MSR-Houston, as well as a car show at Sterling McCall Nissan. that's just between now and October. November and December will include the club hosting a booth at AutoRama and the annual Christmas Party.

As the schedule allows, we also cruise up to TWS on a regular basis for SCCA and NASA events to watch some of our members race as well as participate in several other DE events each year.

We also organize several cruises in the spring and fall when the weather is nice, with our springtime Bluebonnet run one of our signature events.

For club history, we've been around since 1974 and are founding members of the ZCCA. In fact, we're the only club in the country to have been present at every convention since it started 19 years ago. (You can thank ZCarDave for that impressive achievement!)

So what's in it for you? You mean other than everything listed above?
Along with your membership, we have several local and nationwide vendors that provide discounts to us- everything from OEM parts at dealerships to JWT products to Toyo tires, and even car rentals when you're traveling.

the other unspoken benefits are being able to call up local friends when you need help wrenching on your car, or having a fellow club member tow your car home when you blow an engine at the track 150 miles from home. (Thanks again Dave!)

As you can see, there's a lot more to the club than just standing around and kicking tires. I've 'only' been a member of ZCOH for a couple of years, but I've been hanging around on online car forums for about 10 years now. I moderate four of those forums and have organized several national car meets and attended many others as well- ZCCA Convention, TX2k5, SE-R convention, Maxus 2000,2005,2006.. Even with all of those contacts and friends I've made online over the years, I still prefer the comraderie of the ZCOH over any of the other forums I've been a part of.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:10 AM
Chrispy
GURU

hey matt when is the event at msr?
Old 08-20-2006, 09:10 AM
creed

Originally Posted by Chrispy and Kim
hey matt when is the event at msr?
Hi, you can also use:
http://www.zclubofhouston.com/html/contact.html
and For events, which go to Matt, select Events
FYI
Old 08-20-2006, 10:05 AM
silvrhand
Lost in Transit

shameless stick for the ZCOH to help raise awareness.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:56 PM
creed

Originally Posted by silvrhand
shameless stick for the ZCOH to help raise awareness.
Hummmm, sorry about that. Sure won't happen again...
Old 08-20-2006, 03:12 PM
silvrhand
Lost in Transit

Hehe no it's a good thing John, I think you misunderstood me. I stuck the thread so that the ZCOH doesn't fall off the front page for a couple months.

Kind of like a shameless plug on a radio station, it's a shameless stick
Hummmm, sorry about that. Sure won't happen again...
Old 08-20-2006, 05:41 PM
creed

Originally Posted by silvrhand
Hehe no it's a good thing John, I think you misunderstood me. I stuck the thread so that the ZCOH doesn't fall off the front page for a couple months.

Kind of like a shameless plug on a radio station, it's a shameless stick
Oh Ok, that went over my head - I thought I was getting reamed for breaking some rule that I didn't know about. It's been a long weekend, and day. I'm finding myself dreaming of sql statements - geeze...
Old 08-30-2006, 06:19 PM
zcardave

Thanks for the shameless plug Silvr...hehehe...it's kind of like some of it's officers (self-included)....no shame whatsoever !

We've spent one day, the last two weekends, registering old/new members, getting membership packets ready, and basically getting re-organized !
Amazingly enough...not one fight has broken out (yet)...but I have seen some pretty vicious looks JUST KIDDING !!!

I'm very impressed with the progress that's being made (and trust me...there's a LOT to do)...and that new website....WOO-WOO !!!! WAY TO GO CREED !!!

zcardave

Quick Reply: [Houston]: The Z Club Of Houston