Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

Track Day this Saturday, May 17th, at Texas Motor Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 02:10 PM
SBH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Day this Saturday, May 17th, at Texas Motor Speedway

Once again, SportBikeHype has arranged for sportscar and sportbike driving and riding this SATURDAY, May 17th , from 9 am to 5 pm, on the Le Mans course at Texas MOTOR Speedway (the NASCAR track north of Ft. Worth--not the one in College Station)!

Details are posted at www.sportbikehype.com , you can email drmmjc@sportbikehype.com, or you can call (817) 881-7799 with any questions.

Also, here's some more info:

May 12, 2003--12:15pm CDT (FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE):

SportBikeHype is pleased to announce that John Jankowski (former CMRA/CCS champion and road racing instructor) and Bill Syfan (SportBikeHype's industry agent, and former Suzuki factory and Clear Channel Communications executive) will attend SportBikeHype events, to lend participants their input with regard to riding techniques. John will be at be at Texas Motor Speedway this Saturday. Bill will be instructing at Road Atlanta this weekend, but will attend the majority of future SportBikeHype events in the DFW area. For the time-being, it is anticipated that instruction will be between sessions, and at lunch time, on an informal and voluntary basis.

John Jankowski began motorcycle road racing in 1983, as a college student, amassing numerous wins and podium finishes over a period of the next 10 years. In 1994, he captained a CMRA endurance team that finished second overall in the CMRA Middleweight Production series. In 1995, on the same Honda CBR 600 F2, John competed in the CMRA sprint series, winning the Novice Class championships in the B Production, B Superbike, C Production and C Superbike categories--all on a completely showroom-stock bike. Beginning in 1995, John was the Cheif Instructor for the CMRA's New Riders' program, while contuning to win the bulk of the races he entered. In 1999, after a short layoff, John was asked to ride for D&S Racing's Kawasaki Endurance Team, on which he he and his teammates won the Middleweight Supersport Championship. Today, John is widely considered to be the top instructor of new riders in the southwestern United States.

Bill Syfan is currently an instructor at Jason & Reg Pridmore’s internationally-reknown STAR Motorcycle Road Racing School. In addition to numerous regional sprint and endurance road racing championships (and a slew of first place finishes), in classes from 125cc to 750cc, Bill Syfan won the 1986 AMA National GTU Endurance Championship. In the professional arena, Syfan was an executive at American Suzuki Motor Corporation from 1992 to 1998, where he developed and managed the Team Suzuki Sport road racing program, and the Suzuki Cup contingency system. From 1998 to 1999, Bill was with Dunlop Tire Corporation, where his duties included the management of technical services for motorcycle road racing and motocross teams, as well as product testing and press launches. From 1999 to this year, he was with Clear Channel Entertainment, where he developed and managed the Formula USA and CCS sanctioning organizations, and promoted and managed some 70 major events annually. In 2002, Bill left Clear Channel Communications, and formed Proforma Services, which represents a number of the nation's top motorcycle road racers, and handles a wide variety of marketing and promotional initiatives for some of the industry's top players.

May 14, 2003--3:45 pm CDT (FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE):

The Panoz Racing School (www.panozracingschool.com) will join SportBikeHype for its Track Day this Saturday, May 17th. At that time, a Panoz GT car will be on display, and a drawing for free hot laps (to take place this Saturday at 3:30 pm) will be held.

According to Jim Clutts, SportBikeHype's attorney, and SCCA National driver and road racing instructor in his own right, "The cross-over as between automobile and motorcycle motor sports is a natural. While not everyone who owns a car owns a motorcycle, almost everyone who rides a mototrcycle drives a car. In fact, even the hard-core riders who have have the opportunity to get out on the track with four wheels under them have had a great time, and almost always want to explore the possibility of SCCA racing."

Asked about the other reasons underlying the relationship with Panoz, Clutts said: "Simply put, Panoz is one of (if not, absolutely) the best, and there's just about no nicer a guy than Don Barnes. And, despite the focus on the sportbike industry, SportBikeHype is all about fun, and fast cars are fun. In fact, the whole idea behind SportBikeHype's events is to create a controlled, accessible and affordable atmosphere and environment, in which everyone--whether on motorcycles, pocket bikes or YSRs, or cars and Go-Karts--can come and enjoy themselves. Heck, to get a track day anywhere else in the U.S., it's going to cost you at least $150. But, we think SportBikeHype has found the formula for bringing in the experience at a price level that everyone can afford, and cash-flow it to boot."

About Panoz

The Panoz Racing School offers unique, flexible and effective corporate and custom programs for those who would like to drive real, purpose-built race cars. Through a variety of racing and high performance exercises, Panoz can develop a comprehensive, unforgettable program from one-half to three days for groups of 10 to 200. Panoz's staff can also customize programs to meet specific needs, and assure that everyone is involved, motivated and entertained. All equipment is supplied in "Arrive and Drive" turnkey programs utilizing:

* The Panoz GT-RA, the only purpose built GT racing sports car in the U.S.
* Audi performance street vehicles
* Legendary road circuits: Road Atlanta, Sebring International Raceway, Texas Motor Speedway and Mosport International Raceway
* Challenging exercise facilities
* Multiple exercise facilities to accommodate large groups
* Professional Instructors
* On site restaurant and catering

For more information contact:
Don Barnes
Direct: 817/430-2102
don@panoz.com
Old 05-18-2003, 09:20 AM
SBH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One Man's Review...

This is kind of Blowing one's own horn, but here's a review from one of the drivers who came out:

From "CMiS2K" on "www.s2ki.com" (05-14-03 03:07PM):

Well, I went to the event today.... And I had an ABSOLUTE freaking blast. I am so ready for road racing now, it is not even funny. I was never passed or lapped by anyone. I did most of the passing and lapping. Passing was allowed in the straight on the left hand side, sometimes you had to pass safely, left hand side on one of the slower right hand sweeper that really turned in to decreasing radius turn.

4 sessions 8-12 laps, that seemed to fluctuate depending on what was going on. There were many downed Bikers out there today, so many that the event was almost cancelled. The Corvette Club did NOT run today, they get the oval and infield tomorrow. Sorry to see many of you missed out the $45.00 4 session opportunity to run on the infield. There most cars at one time we had were I think 7.

Session 4 was a blast, a Z06 guy came out and thought he was going to catch and pass the little honda... never happened. He came over and asked me what the HELL did I do to my car... hehe.... and told me I was one hell of a driver. Cars that attended: 1 WRX, (2) 911 Turbo's 99'+, (2) firebirds, saleen, audi tt, Z06, cobra mustang, turbo eclipse (claiming 400 to the wheels), a small old European car, 4 series mercedes, and I think that was it.

The Saleen and Eclipse dropped out early this morning. As dumb as this sounds they let a dodge truck run a few laps. I will be alot more confident at a larger DE track event in the future, this was a small group that allowed 35+ laps. That was so nice! I hope some of you might come out next time.