Notices
Texas Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio, etc.

DFW Machine shops

Old 09-09-2016, 07:39 PM
rustyschopshop

Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts
Default DFW Machine shops

Looking for a decent machine shop to rebuild my heads and upgrade springs and retainer. I think I broke a valve spring or getting loss of spring pressure.

I was reading about texas track works but didn't see anything about doing machine work. Did send them an email to check though.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:38 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rustyschopshop
Looking for a decent machine shop to rebuild my heads and upgrade springs and retainer. I think I broke a valve spring or getting loss of spring pressure.

I was reading about texas track works but didn't see anything about doing machine work. Did send them an email to check though.
Ya I'm not sure if Texas Track Works does machining. You might check with PRT in Lewisville, AWD Tuning in Flower Mound, or Bailey's Hyperformance in Blue Mound. Bailey's might be your best bet, but I don't have any first hand experiences with any of these I've mentioned.
The following users liked this post:
rustyschopshop (09-17-2016)
Old 09-17-2016, 01:16 PM
rustyschopshop

Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

I appreciate the reply. Have had a major cfs,fm flare up the last few weeks so it has been really hard to get motivated to finish diagnosis and tear down. Hopefully this week I will finish up with it and start making phone calls. Talked to a few people that I thought for sure would know of a good shop and they had no clue. The 3 shops you mentioned sound like a good lead to figure out the proper shop to use. Seems the more I am looking the more I want to use Import Parts Pro or just drop in a low milage de due to budget.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:58 PM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rustyschopshop
I appreciate the reply. Have had a major cfs,fm flare up the last few weeks so it has been really hard to get motivated to finish diagnosis and tear down. Hopefully this week I will finish up with it and start making phone calls. Talked to a few people that I thought for sure would know of a good shop and they had no clue. The 3 shops you mentioned sound like a good lead to figure out the proper shop to use. Seems the more I am looking the more I want to use Import Parts Pro or just drop in a low milage de due to budget.
If you end up using replacement parts then I'd suggest Z1 Motorsports out of Carrolton, GA or Courtesy Parts (Courtesy Nissan dealership).
The following users liked this post:
rustyschopshop (09-24-2016)