Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

UTEC 'Upgrade?'

Old 05-22-2007, 07:27 AM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What I would really like to see is a fix to the software so that those of us above 2500 ft altitude don't constantly get the P1444 engine code.

It only happens on VQ35's with a UTEC and above 2500 ft (whether N/A, F/I, stock, or highly modified), but everytime someone has talked to someone from TurboXS, the reply is always something along the lines of "it can't be the UTEC's fault..."

Oh well.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:04 AM
QuadCam

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydrazine
The subies already have it.

I spoke with TXS today, and they reported back that no UTECs (Subaru, EVO, G/Z, etc) have the GUI interface! They are experiencing computer programmer related issues.....(sounds like they need to beat their geeks into submission!!!!)
Old 05-22-2007, 01:32 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by QuadCam
I spoke with TXS today, and they reported back that no UTECs (Subaru, EVO, G/Z, etc) have the GUI interface! They are experiencing computer programmer related issues.....(sounds like they need to beat their geeks into submission!!!!)
The GUI interface , is this the Windows base programing ?
Old 05-22-2007, 05:20 PM
QuadCam

Originally Posted by booger
The GUI interface , is this the Windows base programing ?

it is going to be windows based.....along with significant updates. I did get word that "closed loop boost control" will be updated to included target boost values, rather than the current "unit-less" values.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:12 AM
Hydrazine
MOTORDYNE-MY350Z SPONSOR

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow. Jermaine showed me the Subie gui version of it at SEMA. It looked very cool.

I wonder if it was just a hollowed out gui front end with no real UTEC software behind it.

If they still don't have it completed on anything, they should probably just outsource the writing of the gui program to another software company that can get it done for them quickly.

It would be a reasonable investment.

Last edited by Hydrazine; 05-23-2007 at 04:17 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:35 AM
Havok_RLS2

Wow. Jermaine showed me the Subie gui version of it at SEMA. It looked very cool.

I wonder if it was just a hollowed out gui front end with no real UTEC software behind it.

If they still don't have it completed on anything, they should probably just outsource the writing of the gui program to another software company that can get it done for them quickly.

Agree! That would have been the smartest move. Or...

http://www.jeffsoftware.com/software.php?product=UTI

^^ At least this would have been a good start.
Old 05-23-2007, 07:53 AM
trey.hutcheson

Originally Posted by KPierson
Where were the features promised at?
I inquired via email to turboxs. They responded that the hardware was already present in the current units to support cam phasing, but the software did not yet support it. The reply also stated that the two-step/launch control was planned for inclusion in the software as well, but did not elaborate on any hardware implications.

This was back in the summer of 06.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by trey.hutcheson
I inquired via email to turboxs. They responded that the hardware was already present in the current units to support cam phasing, but the software did not yet support it. The reply also stated that the two-step/launch control was planned for inclusion in the software as well, but did not elaborate on any hardware implications.

This was back in the summer of 06.
I recall that being posted somewhere as well... Whatever...
Old 05-24-2007, 10:24 AM
QuadCam

with TXS being an australian company, the US division doesn't have a whole lot to do with the programming, updates, etc of the UTECs. They have to wait to see what comes out of Australia.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:34 PM
BabyZiLLa

Im yet to buy a TXS but honestly. All the threads around it I see a whole bunch of false promises. Nothing seems to ever get done.

I think i'll be going FCON at this rate.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:29 AM
gothchick

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by i8acobra
When I bought mine, TXS said, "not on the Rev-Up motor".
On my revup... I am able to set the rev limiter with the Open Loop Fueling Parameter turned on. The rev limit functionality is not available if the Open Loop Fueling Parameter is turned off.

Last edited by gothchick; 06-01-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:50 AM
QuadCam

Originally Posted by gothchick
On my revup... I am able to set the rev limiter with the Open Loop Fueling Parameter turned on. The rev limit functionality is not available if the Open Loop Fueling Parameter is turned off.
you can set it, but it doesn't do anything.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:29 AM
Havok_RLS2

TURBOSX ain't gonna make good on this anytime soon...

So I'm gonna post this again for all the SLOW people.

Working GUI, Logger, and Anaylizer can be found right here. ^^^

Old 06-01-2007, 11:43 AM
KPierson
Banned

you can set it, but it doesn't do anything.
Do you have any idea why it doesn't work? I would like to know for my own curiosity.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:34 PM
RebelinRI
Banned

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2

EErrrrrrrr What did he say?
Old 06-01-2007, 03:51 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Originally Posted by Havok_RLS2

Do you use uti? Last summer I tried it and worked with him to get some of the 350z and UEGO functions working but I gave up. It is decent software but really made for the Suby's. It didn't really work well on the Z at that time (and the UEGO didn't work which I needed). Some nice features though.
I ended up using mps_uteclogger to tweak my tune (and get rid of misfire codes) which did not have as many features but it worked. I guess I should check the latest updates of both.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:34 AM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by 35ounces
Do you use uti? Last summer I tried it and worked with him to get some of the 350z and UEGO functions working but I gave up. It is decent software but really made for the Suby's. It didn't really work well on the Z at that time (and the UEGO didn't work which I needed). Some nice features though.
I ended up using mps_uteclogger to tweak my tune (and get rid of misfire codes) which did not have as many features but it worked. I guess I should check the latest updates of both.
I'm also using the mps_uteclogger so I understand what you mean. My point was that the UTI would have been a good starting point for a decent programer. TurboSX has been promissing a GUI for almost a year (might have been longer) and what... Nothing. TurboSX has provided very little support for a product they seem to know very little about. Face it. The Hyperterminal interfact is crap. There are better user interfaces used on lesser systems and it shouldn't be that way.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:22 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

The hyperterminal interface doesnt really bother me. It would be nice to have a GUI for logging/analysis and some auto-tuning methods. The uti features are very nice though.
TXS has a reputation for making promises for features and either not delivering or taking forever, at least around here. In the meantime it is still one of the better products for the Z (price/performance).
Old 06-02-2007, 06:14 AM
QuadCam

The UTI works vwery well. I have no issues on my G.

also, the hyperteminal interface is only an issue if you've never fiddled with the UTEC. A GUI would be nice and cute, but it is not needed. It would make analysis easy, but the essentials are all there.

the biggest thing the UTEC needs is better temp/atmospheric conditions corrections...that is far more important than a GUI.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:18 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

What do you use for A/F logging with UTI -txs tuner??? I wanted to use the UEGO since I already had it working but I never did get a reliable working version of the sw.

I agree about the temp correction stuff. I'm still not sure if mine is setup right and I had to beg forever to get that excel spreadsheet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UTEC 'Upgrade?'