Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Does anyone else feel kinda cheated by Uprev's Osiris?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 02:04 PM
mysterymann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedforlife
guys on 35driver are mostly worried about how low they can dump their car and how far they can stretch their tires.
Thanks for the new quote lol
Old 07-12-2010, 02:24 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by djamps
I just started doing an FI tune using osiris and I too am kind of surprised at some of the shortcomings. Alot of the issues I'm facing could easily be resolved in dev/software, not even cracking the ECU further... for example,

having to switch back and forth between osiris rom editor, cipher, then back again constantly, saving text files and importing between them

hex codes...WTF

3D tables that should be 2D

different names for same functions

no clear reference on what can be live tuned and what requires a reflash

manual is redundant and confusing

leaves timing values in 'nissan' format instead of converting to what we're all used to

either way, I'll probably be 20-30 flashes in until I've got the MAF curve ironed out
You can do RTT in the Rom editor. check it out.
1. Load your Rom in the editer
2. Click the Live tuning button.
When live tuning is active, it will keep the map that you selected in sync with RAM, so anything you change that is real time tunable will change in real time when you make changes in the ROM editor.
Keep in mind that ONLY the real time tunable parameters will update. You can still change things like cam phasing and table axis, but that will not update until you reflash the ECU.

Originally Posted by boostedforlife
I did pay for tuner. 700, right after the price drop.
I was getting confused because I believe RTT is done in cipher correct not Osiris? (at least at the time last summer)
I was reading the Manuel and it says there should be a RTT in cipher.

I looked at the pdf and my cipher clearly didn't have the button that was in the instructions. so I called up rev, and they told me what I said in my earlier post, its not for me. only licensed tuners at a shop. Maybe they need to ask more about our situation than just to assume other wise......

maybe They sent me the wrong version to download a year ago. At that time the download for the software wasn't on the site, and they just stopped giving out the cds with the product.

I just turned it on and I see the tune car button, That definitely wasn't there before..... at least on the version that I had.

I just had bolt on's then, but now I got a built motor so time for me to play with it again.

Thanks for the advice, I need to spend more time here on 350z since u guys are more about performance and racing, than the guys on 35driver are mostly worried about how low they can dump their car and how far they can stretch their tires.
I paid $700 way back when. I got the Free upgrade.

I my-self am still learning. I am getting petty good with it, bur still learning. The whole timing thing is just crazy, but one you understand it , it's not so bad.
I am been wanting to start a Osiris rom thread where people can share there tuning.
Now most people don't know this but you can not share Roms. Not ever Z/G has the same ECM.
Now you can look at the Rom an Export the Map to a RTT file.
You really just need to play around with the program some. They are alway updating it am adding new things.
On my last update there was a new feature in the Rom editor. You now have some Preferences.

Give it time guys the program is getting better. If you find a bug let UpRev know.
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone else feel kinda cheated by Uprev's Osiris?-edi.png  
Old 07-12-2010, 02:46 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How did you open the pref dialog? I can't find it in mine and I downloaded it a few days ago. It looks like you're running a newer version (1.0.3842) than is currently available on the site (1.0.3825)

About live tuning in ROM editor - you cannot monitor anything, or even see where you are running on the map -- only Cipher can, and you can't run them both simultaneously. So making these blind adjustments seems kind of pointless unless you're throwing together a base map.

Even Cipher only displays very basic live data while you adjust parameters, I can't find any way to see other things other than A/F correction while tuning -- you can't run logging/monitoring and tune or do any 2 things at once that matter in Cipher.

A 'unsaved changes' dialog would be nice when exiting or otherwise closing roms (e.g. flashing). It would also be nice if you didn't have to re-open the rom every time you flash it.

And the settings dialog in your mystery version is a welcome addition

Last edited by djamps; 07-12-2010 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 04:48 PM
cdoxp800

How did you open the pref dialog? I can't find it in mine and I downloaded it a few days ago. It looks like you're running a newer version (1.0.3842) than is currently available on the site (1.0.3825)

About live tuning in ROM editor - you cannot monitor anything, or even see where you are running on the map -- only Cipher can, and you can't run them both simultaneously. So making these blind adjustments seems kind of pointless unless you're throwing together a base map.

Even Cipher only displays very basic live data while you adjust parameters, I can't find any way to see other things other than A/F correction while tuning -- you can't run logging/monitoring and tune or do any 2 things at once that matter in Cipher.

A 'unsaved changes' dialog would be nice when exiting or otherwise closing roms (e.g. flashing). It would also be nice if you didn't have to re-open the rom every time you flash it.

And the settings dialog in your mystery version is a welcome addition
First Try this.
1. Download the Osiris Tuner Installer.exe

2. Install it. It should automatically Run the updater. If not you can run it.

You should end up with Ver 1.0.3845.30716

Now run the Rom Editor and click file. You should see the Preferences.

Now I just update my editor tonight and I have to tried this new version yet.

I agree with the logging/monitoring while tuning. That would be nice. Now what you can to is use the tracer when tuning.
Example:
Start tuning and pick your Fuel compensation Tab. Now right click in there someplace and press the Space Bar. You should see a tracer. Now when your mouse is over the tracer it shows you the AFR at that point.

A 'unsaved changes' dialog would be nice when exiting or otherwise closing roms (e.g. flashing).
I agree 100%.

Any changes you make in RTT while tuning stay in the map slot as log as you don't change the Map or disconnect the battery. I have been running some changes I made a month ago with out flashing the car yet. Like I said you just need to mess around with RTT and Rom editor.

Remember to check for updates each time you use the program. The UpRev guys make changes often

Last edited by cdoxp800; 07-12-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:29 PM
djamps

^^ Thanks for the good info RE: RTT and updates. The pro-tuner in my area told me live tuning changes were lost every time you shut the car off... so here I am wasting valuable flash cycles needlessly! Good stuff.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:43 PM
Chris@FsP
Vendor - Former Vendor

^^ Thanks for the good info RE: RTT and updates. The pro-tuner in my area told me live tuning changes were lost every time you shut the car off... so here I am wasting valuable flash cycles needlessly! Good stuff.
Yeah, that's definitely not the case. I've ran for days on an unsaved RTT session
Old 07-12-2010, 06:35 PM
GT-ER

Oh my, I thought my RTT would be lost on each start up...lol. It's lost on a flash though, correct?

BTW- I updated my software today and now ROM Editor won't open, it just crashes. I had to uninstall it and reinstall it without the updates for it to work again. The uninstall deleted my ROM files though, so I'm really pissed right now.

Last edited by GT-ER; 07-12-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 07:12 PM
djamps

Reflashing will certainly overwrite any RTT data unless you saved it to the ROM file first.

Might be a dumb Q but did you check the recycle bin?
Old 07-12-2010, 07:27 PM
cdoxp800

Originally Posted by GT-ER
Oh my, I thought my RTT would be lost on each start up...lol. It's lost on a flash though, correct?
now.
Correct
Old 07-12-2010, 07:51 PM
GT-ER

Reflashing will certainly overwrite any RTT data unless you saved it to the ROM file first.

Might be a dumb Q but did you check the recycle bin?
Yes. It was removed alone with all the other files.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:04 PM
PunKidd

I just put up an update for the ROM editor. Try the updater again and see if it's working for you now.

We have been testing a version of the ROM editor that does real time tuning, map tracing, and data logging, all simultaneously. We're still working out some bugs, but it should be ready for release pretty soon. I'd love to say when for sure, but you know how we are with deadlines... not very good.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:49 PM
BlinkerFluid

Is there any way to downgrade the ROM editor? I just ran the update and the new version will not run on my laptop.

I get the following error.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: romeditor.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.3846.26052
Problem Signature 03: 4c3ccc68
Problem Signature 04: ROMeditor
Problem Signature 05: 1.0.3846.26052
Problem Signature 06: 4c3ccc68
Problem Signature 07: 96
Problem Signature 08: 5e
Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileLoadException
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I've never had one issue up until this point.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:21 PM
djamps

Looks like a filesystem error... try rebooting if that doesn't work reinstall the older version. I just updated mine last night and it's working fine.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:53 PM
cdoxp800

Just just updated mine today. All is working fine here as well.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:37 PM
BlinkerFluid

I tried a reboot. The only way to get it running is to uninstall the entire suite, then reinstall and prevent it from running the update.

This is on my Windows 7 laptop, I'll have to try my other computer and see what happens.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:06 PM
GT-ER

Tried the update...still won't work. It just crashes. I'm running vista.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:27 PM
BlinkerFluid

Originally Posted by GT-ER
Tried the update...still won't work. It just crashes. I'm running vista.
I also tried the update on my Vista desktop with the same result.
Old 07-14-2010, 03:33 AM
djamps

I'm running XP with no issues...looks like some regression testing is in order?
Old 07-14-2010, 04:15 AM
cdoxp800

Windows Xp here as well not issues.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:45 AM
mx594

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You mean I can change it now so it doesn't display hexdecimal values?!?! Thank god, that was incredibly annoying!

When Uprev adds third party wideband support I will consider trying Osiris tuner again.

Quick Reply: Does anyone else feel kinda cheated by Uprev's Osiris?