Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

new Uprev log analysis tool

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 01:32 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

MAP tuning is ideal for a boosted vehicle IMO...especially big boost. At least with my PMAS. it seems to lose resolution as the boost increases. For example, -10-0psi takes around 10 columns, and 1-10psi is spread across 4 or 5 columns. i think I might be able to fix that with some careful MAF tuning...but it's such a PITA with no live tuning -- log pull, check data, adjust, reflash, rinse repeat...bleh

If I could change one thing about Uprev I would make the MAF live-tunable.

Last edited by djamps; 01-18-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:22 PM
856_reilly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish I knew what all you are talking bout so I would know what the hell these guys are doing to my car.....I will learn it I'll say that!!!!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:10 AM
Gimpster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, I'd like to try your tool out if you don't mind.

My Frontiers been a bit crankly lately.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:27 PM
ITOzann

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is nice
Old 04-23-2011, 01:45 PM
fwdnissanjunky

bump... I'd like the link please
Old 04-25-2011, 01:08 PM
J-P-T

Smile

djamps,

may I please heave a link to your tuning tool? I'm still getting misfires after adjusting the injector latency correct and it's driving me mad .
Old 04-25-2011, 01:19 PM
k6750gsxr

if you need any more helpers let me know. I would be more than happy to try it out. Im always looking for new ideas. thanks
Old 04-26-2011, 03:28 PM
djamps

BTW I updated the 1st post with a link to the tool.. just upload your .CSV file and make sure you have at a minimum:

A/F both banks
Correction both banks
RPM
MAF Voltage

And anything else you want to be able to filter on (fuel schedule, TPS-V or speed for example). For any sensor with logging in either voltage or some other unit, make sure to choose voltage.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:51 PM
shakuya88

Pardon the newb question. but, how exactly does this help? I searched for a way to help tuning the PMAS sensor and this came up. Maxed my stock MAF today on the dyno and now need to install the PMAS. Can't get the damn thing to work even close though. If this will actually help that would be awesome.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:12 AM
djamps

Originally Posted by shakuya88
Pardon the newb question. but, how exactly does this help? I searched for a way to help tuning the PMAS sensor and this came up. Maxed my stock MAF today on the dyno and now need to install the PMAS. Can't get the damn thing to work even close though. If this will actually help that would be awesome.
You have to do some manual adjustments to get it 'close enough' before using this tool... I designed the tool more for 'fine tuning' than for creating a base map.

What issues are you having exactly? I only had to tweak the idle voltage area as described in the manual to get it running... after that I did most of the tuning on the fuel tables. Later on I flattened out the fuel tables and made MAF adjustments instead... but it doesn't make a huge difference which way you tune it.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:16 AM
shakuya88

I follow the way to tune for the maf in the manual. It get it to idle stoich. Go for a cruise get it to cruise stoich. And it dies on idle from being way too rich. Pegs my Afr at past 10.0 and it stalls. So I change the maf table at idle and get it back to wkrk right. Then give it a little gas. Pegs lean and then everything is messed up again. And I have to go back to changing the k multi to get anything even close again. As soon as I out any amount of flow through it it screws.it up bad.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:20 AM
djamps

Originally Posted by shakuya88
I follow the way to tune for the maf in the manual. It get it to idle stoich. Go for a cruise get it to cruise stoich. And it dies on idle from being way too rich. Pegs my Afr at past 10.0 and it stalls. So I change the maf table at idle and get it back to wkrk right. Then give it a little gas. Pegs lean and then everything is messed up again. And I have to go back to changing the k multi to get anything even close again. As soon as I out any amount of flow through it it screws.it up bad.
Yea it can be pretty bad...I remember having similar issues. my suggestion is to not mess with the MAF table much if at all and make your adjustments from the 2D fueling table instead. That way you don't have to reflash over and over. It took me literally 6 months to get the MAF table dialed in good enough to have a stock-looking fuel table. Seriously LOL.
Old 07-06-2011, 03:05 PM
cdoxp800

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

djamps,

This is a great tool. thanks for taking the time to do this. I know when I had my PMAS I was having all kinds of issue. this would have been nice to have back then.

Keep up the great work.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:15 AM
LittleFlyBoy

! for international users: be aware that in some countries numbers are stored differently on your pc/laptop.
I am Dutch and my data was stored incorrect until I recofigured my laptop to use English (US int.) as system and keyboard language iso Dutch.
12.354,25 is the way the Dutch write down 12,354.25
So in a .CSV file all goes wrong and DJAMP's UpRev-tool won't work.
Old 08-26-2011, 02:50 PM
djamps

LOL you guys got it backwards! I can make a setting to change the locale, shouldn't be too hard!
Old 08-27-2011, 01:10 AM
LittleFlyBoy

No need since Cipher and ROM editor need the US format as well. But thanks!

Just edited the MAF table. Newbie at this...................Gonna check now how she drives.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:46 AM
VQ35er

I've calibrated my MAF from my uploaded logs, which is pretty neat and easy with this tool.
I don't quite understand the fuel table filter. I believe it is to be used after the MAF adjustments, but what do the "h:17 a:13.3 t:31.9 c:0.97" mean and what table should I make adjustments into? Thanks for your many expert tuning posts BTW
Old 08-15-2013, 10:15 AM
djamps

I don't recommend using the fuel table for tuning... it was just a 'the data is there, let's plot it'. The fuel cells don't align perfectly with the uprev tables. Only the MAF table lines up right. That said:
h = data hits in the logs
a = afr (average from both banks)
t = average timing
c = average corrections (1.0 usually means open loop)

Last edited by djamps; 08-15-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 01:29 PM
cthrulies

Default closed loop tuning

Since I do not have widebands (03 G35c 5at), I've been using Djamps log analysis tool to dial in the closed loop AFR using the corrections. I have noticed that when you adjust a few of the "dataword" values of the corresponding MAF sensor voltage it "throws off" other values, so after many logging, analyzing and re-calibrating sessions I now re-calibrate all the dataword values at one time then rinse and repeat.

How many times must this precess be repeated before the corrections are in the .98 to 102 ranges? Djamps mentioned in one post that it took over two months, but I'm not FI, just basic bolt-ons intake,spacer,exhaust. Just what to make sure I'm on the right track here.

Also, Rom editor logs show knock sensor strength from -13 to 254 at various rpms and MAF voltages. What do negative and positive values actually mean?

Are the fuel compensation table to remain at 100% for all cells after the MAF sensor is completely tuned?

I've attached my data file to better illustrate the effects of the MAF sensor re-calibration has on A/F corrections, as well as a log showing knock strength.

If any can give some advice about the MAF sensor tuning and knock it would be valuable and appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx
knock log.xlsx (22.3 KB, 100 views)
Old 11-24-2013, 04:58 PM
Da_tigga

Newb questiong. I log knock strenght and always get zero is this normal? I would think there would be some knock. Im starting to think my knock sensor is busted. Im turbo'd running 6psi and 18* of timing at peak torque. I heard this is on the agressive side for stock block, yet not a hint of knock.

Quick Reply: new Uprev log analysis tool