Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

new Uprev log analysis tool

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 05:03 PM
djamps

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You should probably be seeing some knock. Mine always moves around a little. It's more likely the sensor harness ($35 or so from Z1). Swap that first...
Old 11-29-2013, 08:54 PM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Having some issues with my set-up. Thinking its the Uprev maf.

Saving this thread when I get the car running properly again. Thanks!

Chris
Old 12-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Da_tigga

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill do that man. Weird thing is i have no CEL or codes but ill give the harness a shot .
Old 01-13-2014, 05:02 PM
djamps

FYI source code is now on github for any PHP guru's out there.

https://github.com/djamps/uprev-maf-tool
Old 03-08-2014, 07:43 AM
TheSteve

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, thanks for providing the source code. I've got this setup on a webserver of mine so that I can play with it some, and I think you might have a typo in the class.uprev.php file on line 52. It currently reads:

$this->appv_max = isset($_REQUEST['appv_min'])?$_REQUEST['appv_max']:'';

when I believe you wanted:

$this->appv_max = isset($_REQUEST['appv_max'])?$_REQUEST['appv_max']:'';

I'm looking forward to playing with this a bit more, just need more time to gather logs. I plan on adding a filter for min/max MAF values, as sometimes I'm seeing a spike in my logs which far exceeds what the widebands are actually capable of reading (single record of 130:1 AFR while all surrounding logs are normal).

Thanks again, this is a good tool to have. Reminds me of MegaLogViewer from another project that had a Megasquirt ECU.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:52 PM
djamps

^ nice catch! I'll update the code!
Old 03-09-2014, 10:05 AM
TheSteve

Had a couple more questions for you if you don't mind.

I attached a screenshot of the tool running against a log I just made this morning. This is on my server, but I tested yours as well and got identical results. You'll notice I added a couple of filters to it for the AFR min/max as well as the coolant temp, but I was concerned about the values for AFR1 and AFR2 as reported in the center column.

I can see that the correction values for banks 1 and 2 are recorded separately, but it's looking like the AFR1 and 2 fields are locked together. I tested this by taking a copy of my log and setting all of my AFR1 values to "5" while the AFR2 values were left untouched (and in the normal 11-15 range). The tool shows the values as normal, appearing to ignore AFR1. I then inverted the test, with AFR1 having normal values and AFR2 as "5", and sure enough the output showed 5s across the board.

I've been looking through the code and I don't see anything wrong, but my PHP skills aren't great (more of a Perl guy myself) and I might just be missing something. Any idea where that fault might lie?
Attached Thumbnails new Uprev log analysis tool-logtool.png  
Old 03-09-2014, 03:48 PM
TheSteve

I've made a couple changes which you might be interested in. There's a min/max MAF voltage adjustment for the MAF table, coolant filter, AFR reading filter. I'm admittedly not very familiar with GitHub so I'll just attach a zip of my modified files here. Feel free to merge the changes with yours if you think they're useful.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
logtool.zip (5.5 KB, 96 views)
Old 03-11-2014, 08:08 AM
djamps

I never noticed this issue at least with my logs. However uprev has changed the column names over time, perhaps the regex needs updating. I know if one uses the LC1, it will assume the same A/F for both columns since there's only one input. Shoot me a copy of your logs so I can test: amps@djlab.com
Old 03-31-2014, 11:58 AM
kilogram

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

1. Thank you djamps for this tool. After swapping in R35 injectors Saturday, it's taken me about 4 flashes to get the car running almost like stock again because of the educated changes this tool lets us make. Being able to make large numbers of meaningful changes per flash is so helpful.

One suggestion I'd like to add to aid in tuning would be to get as much data as you can before you start making changes to the car. Log the system under normal/stock conditions so you can replicate those conditions once you've started making changes. This is especially useful for ignition timing, and how changing the K value for larger injectors completely smurfs up the load axis.

Basically, (and I've seen this implied, but never explained in the other tuning thread) when you change the injector size, you're changing the BFS column the ECU is looking up for a given load. For instance, I was hitting 14ms BFS with stock injectors at WOT (I live at 5400ft elevation, my numbers will be lower than yours). With the R35 injectors, I was only hitting ~8ms. This means that with no other changes to the tune, the ECU is now targeting the timing it used to run at 8ms BFS (roughly 35°) for WOT where it should be running ~28º.

Logging the system in stock configuration tells you what timing values you should be seeing in the datalogs for those load columns so you can make changes accordingly.

2. This would also be quite helpful:
Originally Posted by TheSteve
AFR reading filter.
It would be nice to be able to exclude anything above, say, 20AFR so that WB errors/spikes/decel don't contribute to the overall AFR average. I've noticed that even when I try to exclude decel via a TPS minimum, I still get cells in the MAF table that average out in the 50s and 60s AFR. It may be something isolated to my car, but I suspect there's some contribution from decel cutoff as the ECU reads the TPS closing.

Only issue I can't seem to figure out now is a lean stumble around 2200rpm/4.3BFS/2.5-2.75MAF-V. I've added fuel in all those areas on the maf table and the comp table and none of it seems to make any difference. There must be something I'm missing... AFR jumps up to 18-20 right at that spot, then drops back to where it should be..

Last edited by kilogram; 03-31-2014 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-31-2014, 12:06 PM
TheSteve

I'll merge that AFR filter I added in with the latest version on github and will repost it here tonight
Old 05-14-2014, 01:31 AM
350z-Helsinki

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Can you use this tool with Rom editor logs?
I have LC-1 and can't get the tables to show AFR.
If I can't use Rom editor could you link an example to a logfile so I could see how it should look like. I don't know how to log AFR in cipher with LC-1.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:43 AM
ishyne22

Afr's are also not being uploaded to tool for me as well. Rom editor is logging my lc-1 but numbers are not being transfered. I managed to make changes using just the o2 compensations. Anybody know why afr logs are not transfering to tool?
Old 05-20-2014, 09:25 AM
350z-Helsinki

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ishyne22
Afr's are also not being uploaded to tool for me as well. Rom editor is logging my lc-1 but numbers are not being transfered. I managed to make changes using just the o2 compensations. Anybody know why afr logs are not transfering to tool?
You can do this manually by logging A/F WB-B1 (V) & A/F WB-B2 (V). Rename the .csv file to .txt. Then import the file to excel. In Excel replace A/F WB with LC-1 data.

Then save the file in .csv format. Open the file in notepad and check that it looks like it used to except now with the corrected values. You can use the replace tool of notepad if it has ; instead of , like my file had. Then just upload the file and voila.
Old 05-20-2014, 12:34 PM
ishyne22

Thanks finland!... that's thinking outside the box
Old 06-08-2014, 08:38 AM
juld0zer

Hi,
i'm fairly new to tuning so forgive me for the n00b questions.

I've uploaded a few logs to the log analyser and i'm confused as to what the numbers mean.

In a fairly large log, i can definitely see some A/F correction happening but the table in the analyser often comes back with 0/0 (1.00/1.00) or 0/0 (1.04/1.02) etc.

Am i supposed to multiply the MAF voltage by 1.04 (or 1.02, or average of both)?

I seem more likely to get 0/0 (1.00/1.00) when i upload a big log such as 3 logs combined into one.

Am i doing something wrong?
Old 09-21-2014, 06:26 AM
Uprevtuning

Default how do i use the tool. I dont see any .exe file or anything to run.

Originally Posted by djamps
I'm making a few changes before I email you guys the link to use it. The main goal of this tool is automatically dialing in long term trims (startup, normal driving, ect) which is pretty much impossible to do with the built in graphs and you can never be 100% spot on in every fuel trim cell by doing it manually...I want to see exactly what is happening in each cell averaged out over time, then have the software suggest subtle changes to be made for individual cells.

The other idea was having a way to dial in the PMAS quickly (MAF voltage) since it's a PITA to have to reflash the ECU for each adjustment, I think last time it took 12 flashes, this time I'm hoping for 2 or 3. For street tuning I've found it far easier to leave most of the fuel table near 100% (+/- 5 throughout) and make most of the changes to the K and MAF table instead, even for boost...without deep log analysis this is very time consuming. The less you mess with the fuel tables the more stock-like our VQ's behave..
How do i use the tool. I dont see any .exe file or anything to run.
Old 09-21-2014, 08:54 AM
TheSteve

It's actually not an executable as it was written in PHP. It's more of a web-app. You'll need a webserver with PHP to run it. It doesn't have to be anything fancy, even a raspberry pi can easily handle the task. The easiest way to learn is to google "install LAMP" which is an acronym for Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP. You won't need any of the SQL stuff, but a basic LAMP server is about as simple as it gets. It's also possible to run PHP code from a Windows machine too, generally referred to as WAMP, WIMP, etc based on exactly what software is used.

Unfortunately I sold my Z and no longer have the code I was working on. It wasn't any different at it's core than what's in the first post. I only added some other conditions so you could filter based on more parameters.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:48 PM
Uprevtuning

Originally Posted by djamps
So now that I'm due for a new tune (upgraded injectors) I took some time to write a little app that helps fill in a big gap with Uprev -- **** poor log analysis.

The goal is to take tons of log data (driving around with the laptop left logging and unattended) and present it in a useful way that facilitates non-live tuning which is great for street tuning and even startup trims. WAY more possibilities than could be handled with the crappy built in trace and graphing tools...

http://djlab.com/uprev/maf.php
I can't figure out how to use this
Old 10-07-2014, 04:02 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I know this is a web app but is there anyway to save this locally to check a log on the road without a wifi point?

Quick Reply: new Uprev log analysis tool