Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

z1motorsports Osiris Engine Management Mail In Flash Service

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2014, 09:12 AM
RUNWDVL

Received 236 Likes on 135 Posts

Z1 motorsports have akebonos. Just sayin'.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:13 AM
Bellisima_Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Checked them out at z1... They look nice, but the installation notes and available options were a bit over my head. Haven't really researched brakes and brake components yet. I'll have to do my homework on this one.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:32 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,045 Likes on 6,511 Posts

They are the same brakes the 370s have. ..

On that note, it's nap time while waiting for.my cars paint to cool so I can wash it
Old 07-26-2014, 09:36 AM
Bellisima_Z

so what are the chances if I watch this nifty installation video that MD has for the MREV2 that I could do the installation myself? HAHAHA....
Old 07-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Bellisima_Z

Originally Posted by travlee9374
They are the same brakes the 370s have. ..

On that note, it's nap time while waiting for.my cars paint to cool so I can wash it
Ok...sweet dreams!
Old 07-26-2014, 11:20 AM
travlee
Master

didn't last long, decided i wanted to wash the car before the meet today....
Old 07-26-2014, 02:02 PM
FOOKhonda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bellisima_Z
so what are the chances if I watch this nifty installation video that MD has for the MREV2 that I could do the installation myself? HAHAHA....

you should be able to do that fine, theres about 10-16 bolts you have to unscrew, its pretty simple if you can loosen and tighten bolts you can do it, just BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVER TIGHTEN those bolts snap easyyy. i snapped 2 and almost snapped a 3rd bolt when i replaced the whole plenum setup, mostly just worry about the 6 in the center, and the ones that bolt to the lower runners under the plenum, those are the ones i snapped. thank god they left a bit sticking out of the wholes so they werent hard to get out, but its realllly simple to do that installation, and seeing as you have decent knowledge of modding i have faith you could do it within 2 hours, only took me about an hour, and thats only cause we had to find a couple extra bolts

also the Akebonos are a very common setup that people use, i would suggest those if you dont get the brembo's, next id suggest the Stoptech, its a good brand that seems they dont get as much respect as they should.
Old 07-26-2014, 02:12 PM
Bellisima_Z

Originally Posted by FOOKhonda
you should be able to do that fine, theres about 10-16 bolts you have to unscrew, its pretty simple if you can loosen and tighten bolts you can do it, just BE CAREFUL NOT TO OVER TIGHTEN those bolts snap easyyy. i snapped 2 and almost snapped a 3rd bolt when i replaced the whole plenum setup, mostly just worry about the 6 in the center, and the ones that bolt to the lower runners under the plenum, those are the ones i snapped. thank god they left a bit sticking out of the wholes so they werent hard to get out, but its realllly simple to do that installation, and seeing as you have decent knowledge of modding i have faith you could do it within 2 hours, only took me about an hour, and thats only cause we had to find a couple extra bolts

also the Akebonos are a very common setup that people use, i would suggest those if you dont get the brembo's, next id suggest the Stoptech, its a good brand that seems they dont get as much respect as they should.
Awesome! Sounds good, I think I will take a crack at it. Hopefully I don't mess anything up. Do you know of a good supplier that has decent prices on those brakes?
Old 07-26-2014, 03:52 PM
FOOKhonda

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it shouldnt be too hard, i didnt really research much before i did it, i mean if you look at your plenum you can see everything you have to unbolt/hoses to un-attach after you take off the plenum you have 6 bolts on the lower plenum in the center of it, if you look up google images of te lower plenum youll see the bolts, and if i remember correctly i think it was like 20 inch pounds that you tighten the bolts to - if im wrong it may be 100 inch pounds i cant remember for sure but you could probably look that up.
i put them to about 6-10 ft pounds before i knew the specs, after 10 you WILL snap the bolt, if i were you id buy an extra bolt kit just in case. i know i put them to 5 lbs and just waited til they felt pretty snug and stopped from there

BTW if you get the spacer on your plenum get washer or something to raise your strut bar or else it will rub and youll think you installed the plenum wrong cause itll seem like the car is running like complete @$$!!! and then youll have to adjust it just right so you dont slam the hood on it, just give it a tiny space to where its not touching and youll be fine

and honestly i havent looked to much into them, id say if you cant find someone on here selling them to check out Z1, Concept Z, or motordyne
also other non Z stores try out Autoanything, and Carid, they are good websites ive bought a few things for my lancer from both sites and they had great service and you can find a lot of promo coupons for both sites.

Last edited by FOOKhonda; 07-26-2014 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:46 AM
karletto66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bellissima Z ...italian name...

Is "Very beautifull Z" !

Good luck fot tune, you'll be happy for sure
Old 07-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Bellisima_Z

Originally Posted by FOOKhonda
it shouldnt be too hard, i didnt really research much before i did it, i mean if you look at your plenum you can see everything you have to unbolt/hoses to un-attach after you take off the plenum you have 6 bolts on the lower plenum in the center of it, if you look up google images of te lower plenum youll see the bolts, and if i remember correctly i think it was like 20 inch pounds that you tighten the bolts to - if im wrong it may be 100 inch pounds i cant remember for sure but you could probably look that up.
i put them to about 6-10 ft pounds before i knew the specs, after 10 you WILL snap the bolt, if i were you id buy an extra bolt kit just in case. i know i put them to 5 lbs and just waited til they felt pretty snug and stopped from there

BTW if you get the spacer on your plenum get washer or something to raise your strut bar or else it will rub and youll think you installed the plenum wrong cause itll seem like the car is running like complete @$$!!! and then youll have to adjust it just right so you dont slam the hood on it, just give it a tiny space to where its not touching and youll be fine

and honestly i havent looked to much into them, id say if you cant find someone on here selling them to check out Z1, Concept Z, or motordyne
also other non Z stores try out Autoanything, and Carid, they are good websites ive bought a few things for my lancer from both sites and they had great service and you can find a lot of promo coupons for both sites.
Thanks for all your help and suggestions! I will post an update once install is completed.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:00 AM
Bellisima_Z

Originally Posted by karletto66
Bellissima Z ...italian name...

Is "Very beautifull Z" !

Good luck fot tune, you'll be happy for sure
Spanish actually
Old 07-27-2014, 11:37 AM
NOLAGG

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bellisima_Z
Spanish actually
Post some pics of you and the z.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:52 PM
travlee
Master

she already did.... search for her posts
Old 07-27-2014, 03:20 PM
Bellisima_Z

she already did.... search for her posts
Old 07-27-2014, 03:29 PM
travlee
Master

this is how i picture most guys on here when they find out members are female

so can i have your number ?? haha
Old 07-28-2014, 10:54 AM
Bellisima_Z

Just for kicks did a quick exhaust clip with the current Titek test pipes installed. ART pipes will be installed on Tuesday. Will post another clip to see if there is a difference in tone.

Old 07-28-2014, 11:02 AM
Bellisima_Z

this is how i picture most guys on here when they find out members are female

Mad TV-Can I Have Your Number - YouTube

so can i have your number ?? haha

Lol that was hilarious
Old 07-28-2014, 03:23 PM
travlee
Master

so ...... can i have your number

can i have your number, can i have your number......

hahahahah
Old 07-29-2014, 05:28 AM
Bellisima_Z

so ...... can i have your number

can i have your number, can i have your number......

hahahahah

I do that, and the next thing I know my husband attaches a go pro to my tire..haha

z1motorsports Osiris Engine Management Mail In Flash Service-f4r6wsm.gif

Last edited by Bellisima_Z; 07-29-2014 at 05:33 AM.

Quick Reply: z1motorsports Osiris Engine Management Mail In Flash Service