Notices
Tuning Reflashes, Piggybacks, Standalone ECUs

Haltech Harness version without oem ECU?

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 10:37 PM
kpturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Haltech Harness version without oem ECU?

Hello guys.
Is it possible to run the Haltech Harness version fully standalone without the use of the oem ECU? My VQ is beeing used in a S14 chassis.
I know that the oem ECU is controlling the trottlebody but I need to switch over to a 90mm body and I want to use a cable and not DBW system.

Thanks.
Old 09-19-2014, 06:08 AM
El Verdugo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kpturbo
Hello guys.
Is it possible to run the Haltech Harness version fully standalone without the use of the oem ECU? My VQ is beeing used in a S14 chassis.
I know that the oem ECU is controlling the trottlebody but I need to switch over to a 90mm body and I want to use a cable and not DBW system.

Thanks.
At one time when the first PnP options for the Haltech came out one had to run parallel with the oem ecu. The newer version of the ems now is a fully standalone system and one does not need the use of the oem ecu.

Now to run a different TB and by pass the oem DBW, one avenue you could take is to get the PS2000 with the flying lead kit and wire it up yourself so then you will have the option to use the 90mm TB and no worries.
For more detailed configurations question you can contact Hal at Dynosty.
Old 09-21-2014, 11:55 AM
kpturbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by El Verdugo
At one time when the first PnP options for the Haltech came out one had to run parallel with the oem ecu. The newer version of the ems now is a fully standalone system and one does not need the use of the oem ecu.

Now to run a different TB and by pass the oem DBW, one avenue you could take is to get the PS2000 with the flying lead kit and wire it up yourself so then you will have the option to use the 90mm TB and no worries.
For more detailed configurations question you can contact Hal at Dynosty.
Thanks for the answer El Verdugo. Yes I know the difference between the old style harness version and the new fully standalone ems, but there also a big price difference to. My next engine build is going only NA so I dont need a the extra options that comes with the newer haltech version.
The older harness version I can pick up used for about $1000 and if that one can do the job I can put the money I save on other stuff instead.
The most important thing is that I need a 90mm cable throttle body for the intake that im going to use. So if its only a little rewiring needed to get the older haltech to work I will try that.
I will contact Hal about that.

Thanks
Old 09-21-2014, 01:19 PM
str8dum1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i'm sure it can if you dont need the DBW stuff.

All you need is a wideband, coolant temp, air temp, and control the injectors and coils.

DO you already have a haltech? If not, why not use a megasquirt 3 pro. As many features as ECU replacement haltech for 1000$ with a harness